Sign In

4K83 Released — Page 8

Author
Time

Bluto said:

Your newsreader should be able to handle “par2” files which allow any incomplete rars to be repaired automatically. If you can’t get this to work in your newsreader, then try QuickPar software. It’s free and will fix your rars provided you have downloaded enough par2 files from the newsgroup.

Bluto

Thanks for the response. Sadly, neither worked. Unable to repair. Turns out there are actually 2 missing parts…

Author
Time

OK - check your PMs (click speech bubble at top right).

Author
Time

Is there any place that goes into which audio tracks are included in the 4K83 ISO? I can’t seem to find the track info anywhere in this thread. There seems to be more audio tracks in the ISO than in the MKV file, and I want to make a smaller version of the ROTJ scan that just has 2 or 3 of the better audio tracks.

Author
Time

hi,

is there any chance to get the links for 4k77 and 4k83?
thanks.

ph.

Author
Time

Pop Zeus said:

Is there any place that goes into which audio tracks are included in the 4K83 ISO? I can’t seem to find the track info anywhere in this thread. There seems to be more audio tracks in the ISO than in the MKV file, and I want to make a smaller version of the ROTJ scan that just has 2 or 3 of the better audio tracks.

All available audio tracks (with the possible specific exception of a DD encode of Hairy_Hen’s 5.1 mix) have been shared on the audio thread over at the star wars trilogy forum. I would advise you to check out that thread and download the tracks you want.

If I had some gum, I’d chew a hole into the sun…

Author
Time

phildoom said:

hi,

is there any chance to get the links for 4k77 and 4k83?
thanks.

ph.

4K77 is on public trackers. 4K83 should be as well, or perhaps you might need to wait a little longer.

Author
Time

GZK8000 said:

phildoom said:

hi,

is there any chance to get the links for 4k77 and 4k83?
thanks.

ph.

4K77 is on public trackers. 4K83 should be as well, or perhaps you might need to wait a little longer.

thanks i will check it out! 😃

Author
Time

Pop Zeus said:

Is there any place that goes into which audio tracks are included in the 4K83 ISO? I can’t seem to find the track info anywhere in this thread. There seems to be more audio tracks in the ISO than in the MKV file, and I want to make a smaller version of the ROTJ scan that just has 2 or 3 of the better audio tracks.

As someone pointed out at Myspleen, these are included in the iso:

Track 01…: 2.0 DTS-MA (1983 35mm Optical Audio (from this print)) Eng
Track 02…: 5.1 DTS-MA (5.1 mix 2018 version (new for 4K83)) Eng
Track 03…: 1.0 DTS-MA (Mono mix 2018 version (new for 4K83)) Eng
Track 04…: 2.0 AC3 (1983 LaserDisc audio) Eng
Track 05…: 3.0 AC3 (1993 LaserDisc audio Commentary (new for 4K83)) Eng

“I want to watch Empire on my refrigerator’s LCD screen but listen to the Austrailan audio thru my USB phonograph setup and it worked on the other two movies” -yoda-sama

Author
Time

Discostu said:

As someone pointed out at Myspleen, these are included in the iso:

Track 01…: 2.0 DTS-MA (1983 35mm Optical Audio (from this print)) Eng
Track 02…: 5.1 DTS-MA (5.1 mix 2018 version (new for 4K83)) Eng
Track 03…: 1.0 DTS-MA (Mono mix 2018 version (new for 4K83)) Eng
Track 04…: 2.0 AC3 (1983 LaserDisc audio) Eng
Track 05…: 3.0 AC3 (1993 LaserDisc audio Commentary (new for 4K83)) Eng

Thanks! I’m not on MySpleen. New to the fan community. I just wandered into here and the thestarwarstrilogy forums researching a possible official GOUT release from LF, and Harmy’s DE (see? picking up on the lingo! haha.)

Learning that the fan community was working on 4K scans was a total surprise to me. The 4K83 scan in particular reminds me of seeing ROTJ in the theater as a kid. It’s kinda blowin’ my mind. And the great thing is I feel like the print used for the scan is so good that any subsequent tweaks TN1 makes will bring positive improvements to the encode. I’m a little in disbelief that a 4K HDR shot-by-shot CC version is a possibility!

Author
Time

Will the DNR version be out soon ?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Bobson Dugnutt said:

4K83 is now up on Mega with provided subtitles. Both the 4K and 1080p No-DNR versions are up and avalible for download. If you own Return of the Jedi in some shape or form, feel free to PM for the links.

I’m interested in the MEGA link of the 1080p No-DNR version of Project 4K83. Can you please send it to me when you get the chance?

Author
Time

Juan Andres Muria said:

I’m interested in the MEGA link of the 1080p No-DNR version of Project 4K83. Can you please send it to me when you get the chance?

Bobson Dugnutt said:

feel free to PM for the links.

If you don’t know how to send a PM, click on the user’s name to go to their user page, where you’ll see a button that says “Start a private topic.”

a trolling bantha

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I honestly hope this will have a subsequent color correction done like 4K77 v1.4. 4K83 needs it more than 4K77 did IMHO. The colors just seem too desaturated, and the black levels far too elevated. A lot of scenes just look off.

Author
Time

Croweyes1121 said:

I honestly hope this will have a subsequent color correction done like 4K77 v1.4. 4K83 needs it more than 4K77 did IMHO. The colors just seem too desaturated, and the black levels far too elevated. A lot of scenes just look off.

The Blu-ray .iso version has shot-by-shot contrast adjustment and is a noticeable improvement over the original mkv.

STAR WARS: a film with comic book characters, an unbelievable story, no political or social commentary, lousy acting, preposterous dialogue and a ridiculous simplistic morality. In other words: a BAD MOVIE.’ John Seabrook, The New Yorker, 1977

Pro-Prequels, pro-Sequel Trilogy, pro-OOT preservation

Author
Time

SmoothKaz said:

Croweyes1121 said:

I honestly hope this will have a subsequent color correction done like 4K77 v1.4. 4K83 needs it more than 4K77 did IMHO. The colors just seem too desaturated, and the black levels far too elevated. A lot of scenes just look off.

The Blu-ray .iso version has shot-by-shot contrast adjustment and is a noticeable improvement over the original mkv.

Except that that’s 1080p, not native 4K. I’m hoping for a version like was done for 4K77 where the correction is done to the 4K source.

Author
Time

A native 4K encode of the version the Blu-Ray is authored from exists, actually. Guess it just hasn’t made its way around to the more public haunts just yet.

a trolling bantha

Author
Time

ChainsawAsh said:

A native 4K encode of the version the Blu-Ray is authored from exists, actually. Guess it just hasn’t made its way around to the more public haunts just yet.

That sounds awesome!! Hopefully it’ll show up on the spleen soon.

Author
Time

ChainsawAsh said:

A native 4K encode of the version the Blu-Ray is authored from exists, actually. Guess it just hasn’t made its way around to the more public haunts just yet.

I may be mixing things up, but does that have the reel change markers still in place, unlike the iso?

Author
Time

Good question. I think they’re gone, same as the ISO, but I’m not certain. I don’t have that particular file (plus I’m at work right now).

a trolling bantha

Author
Time

Croweyes1121 said:

I honestly hope this will have a subsequent color correction done like 4K77 v1.4. 4K83 needs it more than 4K77 did IMHO. The colors just seem too desaturated, and the black levels far too elevated. A lot of scenes just look off.

You’ll be happy to hear that v1.1 is coming soon. 😃

a trolling bantha

Author
Time

ChainsawAsh said:

Croweyes1121 said:

I honestly hope this will have a subsequent color correction done like 4K77 v1.4. 4K83 needs it more than 4K77 did IMHO. The colors just seem too desaturated, and the black levels far too elevated. A lot of scenes just look off.

You’ll be happy to hear that v1.1 is coming soon. 😃

Absolutely excited, thanks for the update!!!

Author
Time

FWIW, I plan to release a GOUT-synced 4K83 to address all the sync issues with not only dubs, but any other GOUT-synced audio tracks (Laserdisc rips, in-theatre recordings, etc) that people may have collected over the last 26 years since the Definitive Collection Laserdiscs came out and became the primary thing to sync to.

I understand it’s probably a niche use-case, since the 4K83 English tracks are synced just fine and the sync issue is so small/barely noticeable in other tracks, but it’s one easy solution for a lot of little problems that could drag on for years. Don’t know if that old track you got from alt.binaries.starwars in 2003 will sync? Get this version and you don’t have to worry about it. Or at least that’s the theory 😉

Since I really didn’t like the initial color grade, I’ll base this on Sanjuro’s v1.1 grade, and I’ll try to also make it fit on a BD25 (it’ll be 1080p), just to check another box on the compatibility concerns list. No plans for 4K. Encoding at 1080p is choking my computer quite well enough thank you very much.

Project Threepio (Star Wars OOT subtitles)

Author
Time

Just keep in mind that when the 4K83 optical audio was being synced to the print it was discovered that the actual GOUT audio isn’t properly synced to the GOUT video. Just as they screwed up and missed two film frames they also screwed up syncing the audio.

So really if you’re going to GOUT sync 4K83 you should properly GOUT sync all the GOUT audio tracks too since they are not even synced properly to the GOUT video.

The print audio can be accurately synced to the print since any audio dropouts you hear can actually be seen as to why they dropout in the optical audio track on the left side of the print. The audio dropouts are at splices in the optical audio track on the print.

The GOUT audio was always assumed to be correct but it’s not.

Author
Time

CatBus said:

FWIW, I plan to release a GOUT-synced 4K83 to address all the sync issues with not only dubs, but any other GOUT-synced audio tracks (Laserdisc rips, in-theatre recordings, etc) that people may have collected over the last 26 years since the Definitive Collection Laserdiscs came out and became the primary thing to sync to.

Awesome!

“I want to watch Empire on my refrigerator’s LCD screen but listen to the Austrailan audio thru my USB phonograph setup and it worked on the other two movies” -yoda-sama