Sign In

4K77 - Released — Page 33

Author
Time

Thank you for the clarification.

Unless I think of anything else to ask/ comment, have a Merry Christmas/ Happy Holidays!

Author
Time

Williarob said:

Here is a reusable invite code join to https://forums.thestarwarstrilogy.com/

XM-4K77-12-2020&KmL5R6A9bswNR34

This code will expire at the end of December. Happy Holidays!

Thank you so much! I donated a bit as well! Love the work you guys are doing! Keep up the good work, stay healthy and have a good christmas! 😄

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I’ve seen this edit quite a few times now, and on the first watch I noticed this, and never bothered to ask. But I thought I would now.

Is this meant to be here, or have I got a botched copy? https://imgur.com/a/xUAFq1V

I’m running the 4k77 2160p DNR v1. acquired from some random site since I don’t have access to the usenet or the spleen.

jedit: if you can’t see what I mean…look at vaders saber. It’s in a few frames.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I’ve never noticed that before! I don’t have 4K77 but can confirm that the lightsaber glitch looks exactly the same in the corresponding frame of Harmy’s Despecialized Edition.

Author
Time

Bluto said:

I’ve never noticed that before! I don’t have 4K77 but can confirm that the lightsabre glitch looks exactly the same in the corresponding frame of Harmy’s Despecialized Edition.

So it’s just meant to be there?

Author
Time

It’s a mistake in the original 1977 special effects; the lightsaber editing was quite sloppy. So yes, it’s supposed to be in 4K77, given that this is a scan of the original film.

Author
Time

will there be as bonus the making of star wars release?

Author
Time

Williarob said:

benduwan said:

will there be as bonus the making of star wars release?

Yes, we have scanned 2 x 16mm prints. Just need to clean them up.

wow,thanks.that would be a late xmas present…😃

Author
Time

will there be release of the SPFX: making of the empire strikes back too?

Author
Time

Desperately trying to get an invite code to join the forums and grab this. Can anyone help me out?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Hello all,

I would love to get an invite to check out the 4K77 edition. A fine replacement for my VHS copy 😛

Author
Time

benduwan said:

Williarob said:

Here is a reusable invite code join to https://forums.thestarwarstrilogy.com/

4K77J21-5TC0tuNTFqk01rKvGQ5ivpqG

This code will expire at the end of January. Happy New Year!

can´t login anymore.
“The requested user ’ could not be found.”
but i didn´t change anything…

I don’t see any record of an account with this username. It’s worth noting that any registrations with disposable email addresses, or addresses/IPs that are blacklisted on SPAM lists are automatically rejected. (I’m not suggesting that you’re a spammer, but if you signed up while connected to a VPN, it’s possible that the IP Address you were using at the time is blacklisted somewhere.)

http://www.thestarwarstrilogy.com

http://www.the007dossier.com

Author
Time

Williarob said:

benduwan said:
will there be release of the SPFX: making of the empire strikes back too?

Yes, I’m working on that right now actually. It will be a bonus feature with 4K80.
imgur

That looks like a two-color print, as opposed to a faded full-color film.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but is there much you can do with that sort of film? Reds and skintones should be easy to fix, but either the green or blue is missing or maybe even mixed together?

Author
Time

i have the classic creature and making of star wars with german track.sadly only classic creature has digitized…

Author
Time

calculon559 said:

Williarob said:

benduwan said:
will there be release of the SPFX: making of the empire strikes back too?

Yes, I’m working on that right now actually. It will be a bonus feature with 4K80.
imgur

That looks like a two-color print, as opposed to a faded full-color film.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but is there much you can do with that sort of film? Reds and skintones should be easy to fix, but either the green or blue is missing or maybe even mixed together?

That’s after some color correction - it is faded to pink:

Imgur

http://www.thestarwarstrilogy.com

http://www.the007dossier.com

Author
Time

Williarob said:

calculon559 said:

Williarob said:

benduwan said:
will there be release of the SPFX: making of the empire strikes back too?

Yes, I’m working on that right now actually. It will be a bonus feature with 4K80.
imgur

That looks like a two-color print, as opposed to a faded full-color film.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but is there much you can do with that sort of film? Reds and skintones should be easy to fix, but either the green or blue is missing or maybe even mixed together?

That’s after some color correction - it is faded to pink:

Imgur

Oh wow, I didn’t realize. Great job pulling as much of the color back as you did then, kudos!
Such a shame the print was already that far gone; the best looking copy on YT has good colors, but is blurry, has major telecine wobble and is cropped on all four sides compared to yours.
I suppose someone could use DrDre’s tool and use the YT version as a reference, but it would have to be shot-by-shot; doing a quick-and-dirty run now, what fixes one or even multiple shots in your pic messes up others due to the missing color/s.
By the way, was this on multiple reels or was it all taped together?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

It came on 2 reels. The telecine wobble is just as bad on our copy too, because that’s how it was printed. I had stabilized the whole film to the sprocket holes, but when I went to watch it the film still wobbled all over the place:

https://vimeo.com/497685100

So now I’m going shot by shot, stabilizing to the picture which takes a little longer.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like the print we borrowed for scanning was in very good shape. There was a fair amount of warping which made it twist and turn in the film gate, causing distortion and “focus breathing” too, but it’s still fun to watch.

http://www.thestarwarstrilogy.com

http://www.the007dossier.com