Sign In

4K restoration on Star Wars — Page 257

Author
Time
 (Edited)

canofhumdingers said:

Because some people appreciate the larger screen, the (quite rare these days) experience of seeing actual projected film, being in the company of like minded fans for a special event, and many other reasons.

Some people, such as myself, quite enjoy going to the cinema rather than sitting on my couch at home.

He wasn’t being serious, he was making fun of mfm.

Episode I: The Ridiculous Menace / Episode II: Attack Of The Ridiculousness / Episode III: Revenge of the Ridiculousness

Author
Time

There seems to be some confusion here. I’m right and everyone else is wrong, not the other way around.

The Person in Question

Author
Time

^I actually was making fun of mfm in that post.

The Person in Question

Author
Time

moviefreakedmind said:

There seems to be some confusion here. I’m right and everyone else is wrong, not the other way around.

It would appear one of the demons possessing you’s ImpScum.

Arrivederci.

Author
Time

CHEWBAKAspelledwrong said:

If only Star Wars were treated with so much care…

2001: A Space Odyssey to have limited 70mm run for 50th anniversary

For the first time since the original release, this 70mm print was struck from new printing elements made from the original camera negative. This is a true photochemical film recreation. There are no digital tricks, remastered effects, or revisionist edits.

It’s almost as if they’re taunting us. It’s a sad world in which clarifications like this even need to be said.

When do we get a list of cinemas and showtimes?!

“What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one.”

Neil Postman, Amusing Ourselves to Death

Author
Time

Mike O said:

CHEWBAKAspelledwrong said:

If only Star Wars were treated with so much care…

2001: A Space Odyssey to have limited 70mm run for 50th anniversary

For the first time since the original release, this 70mm print was struck from new printing elements made from the original camera negative. This is a true photochemical film recreation. There are no digital tricks, remastered effects, or revisionist edits.

It’s almost as if they’re taunting us. It’s a sad world in which clarifications like this even need to be said.

When do we get a list of cinemas and showtimes?!

Ditto! I have no idea

TV’s Frink said:

I would put this in my sig if I weren’t so lazy.

Author
Time

Hollywood Theater in Portland is showing it from June 1-3, so if you know any local theaters that do 70mm, maybe on those days?

Author
Time

It looks like one of the two theaters in Boston that’s set up for 70mm is doing it June 1-14, and then the other one has it June 15-24, so the window could be a lot wider than those three days depending on where you are.

Author
Time

If Mike is doing a presentation it clearly is a good sign that Disney may release them cause he has permission to show it in a Convention maybe Disney also bought rights to Legacy and are maybe soon gonna release it

Author
Time

Jedi Master Skywalker said:

If Mike is doing a presentation it clearly is a good sign that Disney may release them cause he has permission to show it in a Convention maybe Disney also bought rights to Legacy and are maybe soon gonna release it

  1. he is talking about it, i don’t think it is a screening of Legacy

Jedi Master Skywalker said:

dahmage said:

Jedi Master Skywalker said:

ChainsawAsh said:

Careful, saying stuff like that out in the open about a “new” membet might get you a ban from the Thought Police around here these days.

(Also, I’m not sure if it’s Jedi Master Skywalker, greenlanternslight, or both, but at least one of them is definitely JMOW.)

I’m not JMOW

Yeah I’m not Jedi master obi wan

oh yeah?

Author
Time

You don’t need permission to show clips in the context of such a presentation.

The Person in Question

Author
Time

Slightly off topic and apologies if this was perhaps mentioned in another thread but has anyone been watching that James Cameron Science Fiction series on AMC?? The newest episode talked about Star Wars and I noticed four instances from the original unaltered films used in the clip montages they showed. They showed the original Alderaan destruction (albeit briefly), original Death Star II explosion, original shot of the Millenium Falcon leaving Docking Bay 94, and the original shot of the TIE Fighter tailing Luke’s X-Wing (after the ‘I can’t shake him’ line). I know this doesn’t necessarily imply anything but thought it was worth mentioning.

Author
Time

crissrudd4554 said:

Slightly off topic and apologies if this was perhaps mentioned in another thread but has anyone been watching that James Cameron Science Fiction series on AMC?? The newest episode talked about Star Wars and I noticed four instances from the original unaltered films used in the clip montages they showed. They showed the original Alderaan destruction (albeit briefly), original Death Star II explosion, original shot of the Millenium Falcon leaving Docking Bay 94, and the original shot of the TIE Fighter tailing Luke’s X-Wing (after the ‘I can’t shake him’ line). I know this doesn’t necessarily imply anything but thought it was worth mentioning.

Death Star II is interesting because that wasn’t in Empire of Dreams (I don’t think) which is what I would’ve expected they got stuff from if they did.

The Person in Question

Author
Time

CHEWBAKAspelledwrong said:

HD quality?

Couldn’t really tell. I seem to remember one of the clips looking a little fuzzy but I don’t think it was the GOUT. I’ll have to check again. It’s available on OnDemand until 5/10.

Author
Time

I found the episode on AMC’s site so I have some screengrabs. Most dont look to be HD, notably the DSII explosion and the Falcon leaving Mos Eisley but they don’t appear to be GOUT sourced. I found another shot which I think might be from the original, the shot of the Rebel fighters going into attack. I may be wrong about that shot though but figured I’d share it anyways. I used a snipping tool for these so framing may not be 100% accurate. I also have a link to the episode below.

!
!
!
!
!

http://www.amc.com/shows/james-camerons-story-of-science-fiction/full-episodes/season-01/episode-02/space