logo Sign In

30 years amongst the stars: Let this be the Year!

Author
Time
In 1977, Star Wars changed the way movies were made, FOREVER.

I'd discover the trilogy in 1995 one summer when my sister showed it to me. From that day forward, I was hooked on Star Wars. I dreamed of it at school, made little han solo and chewie action figures from foil paper, drew x-wings and luke skywalker sketches in my notebooks, and like any respectable star wars fan, had a princess leia poster stapled to my wall... yes, the return of the jedi leia. Ah, the memories.

In 1999, Star Wars Struck Back. The greatest scam in the history of cinema began.

It was known as the phantom Menace... From this point, the lives of star wars fans would forever be changed by the great schism that would break a once happy fandom in two, ironically what the stories for the new movies were about in some ways. A new Empire would be formed by the genius business-man George Lucas... He'd bank on fan's nostalgia to rake in billions with mediocre films. No one in history had accomplished this until then.

We here at the originaltrilogy are now the rebel alliance, fighting for the right to see the originals be preserved, preferably in the best quality. The Emperor Lucas has not been forgiving of course. Without mercy, in 2006, he further tampered with the classic films, upgrading Jabba's cgi, and adding whatever else... Who knows if he'll ever finish his tampering? We do. We know he'll never stop.

help us, 30th Anniversary. You're our only hope! Please Let Lucas see how important the originals were and will be for generations to come.

Thank you for reading...

-Wesyeed
He big in nothing important in good elephant.

"Miss you, I will, Original Trilogy..."

"Your midichlorians are weak, Old man." -Darth Vader 2007 super deluxe extra special dipped in chocolate sauce edition.

http://prequelsstink.ytmnd.com/
Author
Time
I definitely like your sentiments but I don't believe we have a Luke Skywalker or a Ben Kenobi to help us.

We will all fall before the Death Star that is George's digital-tampering equipment.

"Now all Lucas has to do is make a cgi version of himself.  It will be better than the original and fit his original vision." - skyjedi2005

Author
Time
If there's one thing I love more than Star Wars it's naked chicks.

If there'a one thing I love more than naked chicks it is how Star Wars fans can find new and inventive ways of saying the same thing over and over and over and over again.

How about this one?

George Lucas - thanks for making an enjoyable film series.
Author
Time
Originally posted by: TheCassidy
If there's one thing I love more than Star Wars it's naked chicks.

If there'a one thing I love more than naked chicks it is how Star Wars fans can find new and inventive ways of saying the same thing over and over and over and over again.

How about this one?

George Lucas - thanks for making an enjoyable film series.

Cassidy, I do hear what you're saying, but until anything is announced for the OOT in the rumored next boxset by Lucas, these type of threads will populate the site. I never looked at this site as site to talk SW like other boards, TFN or ORS, this is more or less a site thats one goal is to get the OOT out on DVD and the talk here is about that and also the frustrations many fans feel towards everything. Now I think this site has alot to do with why it was released last September, but that was only step one, as we all now want it to come out fully restored. I am just saying that the day (hopefully) the OOT is announced in fully restored quality, we can all pack it up here and just enjoy the movies again.

Author
Time
When I first saw Star Wars my entire life changed forever.Everyone will give you different reasons for how Star Wars affected their life.For myself it opened my eyes and my mind to new horizons.A universe of limitless possibilities.A universe where there was dark and villainous evil opposed by the purity and integrity of a brave few who stood against the tide of a seemingly unshakeable tyranny.
Ultimately I would gain a fair portion of my world view from these magnificent films.I always aspired to be more like my hero Luke Skywalker.There are few enough truly inspirational figures and Luke was always mine and continues to guide me and teach me to this day.I hope to bring these lessons that I have learned about the great value of hope and courage to my children.
All six films will continue to inspire me to be a better person.My deepest thanks and admiration to one of my mentors-Mr.George Lucas.
Regardless of the tampering which seems to cause such endless unrest,I am a huge fan of all six films.Even the inconsistencies and mistakes that he has made.Anyone here remember when it was just ok to have fun watching a star wars movie and not nitpick them within an inch of their lives?Don't get me wrong I am a member here now as I want to have the original trilogy as I remember it from my childhood but that doesn't stop me enjoying ALL of the films.They're just great,great movies.
Once again,and despite the backlash that i no doubt will get for this,thank you George for continuing to inspire me.My second son is named after him,Lucas,so he is and will remain one of my mentors for his ideas and vision.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

<span style=“font-size:14pt;line-height:100%”></span>

http://www.bigbaddaddyvader.com

Original Star Wars Props and Production Material

Author
Time
Originally posted by: Wesyeed

We here at the originaltrilogy are now the rebel alliance...

Actually this was only the short form, with the Empire loving to call them simply by demeaning term "the Rebels" [...scum! ]

Let me proclaim then that what we form here at the originaltrilogy is The Alliance to Restore the Old Trilogy. (That name has far more dignity).

Just tell me why do I see The Flannel Wearing Man saying to us with his sly smile: "Oh, no... You'll find that it is you who're mistaken... about a great many things..."
I saw the original theatrical release of the Old Trilogy on the big screen and I'm proud of it...
How did I accomplish that (considering my age) is my secret...