logo Sign In

24 The Game - Cut Scenes Fan Edit (by daveytod) (Released) — Page 5

Author
Time
You should have mentioned it in the info page for this over at fanedited.net. That's quite misleading to people who want to download it and can't play it after spending some time dling it, plus not everyone has a multi region player or wants to buy one just for one or two little things. Quite shameful.
Author
Time
Ouch.

Considering that a multi region player can be had for as little as $40 these days (my Cyberhome plays these beautifully), it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Someone could work on doing a conversion from PAL to NTSC. I'd consider it, but I already have to much going on right now and it works fine on my player
F Scale score - 3.3333333333333335

You are disciplined but tolerant; a true American.

Pissing off Rob since August 2007.
Author
Time
Yeah but would it be a good name brand one? I'm just mostly upset about wasting the time to seed and dl this and being mislead. Jambe (did I spell it right?) least mentioned on fanedited on the page for his Building Empire that it is PAL. Saw nothing that stated as such there.
Author
Time
Originally posted by: kaine23
Yeah but would it be a good name brand one?

Actually, the "good name brand" players are usually the least capable players. That is unless you go to a place that specializes in selling region free players. A friend of mine got a player that can change region codes for $300. I got a Cyberhome that can do the same thing (requires pushing a few more keys on the remote) for $40. Plus, mine can play everything except divx files.

I do see your point, I just don't usually give it much thought these days. Everything I've ever tried has worked fine in my player. That is except Underworld: Evolution. That DVD worked fine until the last 5 mins of the movie. Froze up at that point. But it worked fine in my PC. Yeah, thanks a lot Sony. That's one more movie I'll have to make a copy of before watching it.

Author
Time
I'll check that out lj.

Thing is about the only thing for now anyhow, I'd want region-free for is the occasional fanedit, so I don't see the point in spending $40 for something for one or two things. If something is PAL or NTSC, it should be listed as such so people don't get them and then can't play it and end up wasting time with it. Just doing one simple thing could resolve alot of this, shameful that not adding one little line caused all this.
Author
Time
Thanks for all your kind words kaine23, it's for the true supportive fans like you that editors like myself toil over these projects frame by frame, for months at a time. It's gratifying to know that the hours I spent on this project mean absolutly nothing when I forget to mention one little three letter word that (considering I'm British) isn't something I even thought about.

My bad, please flail me with a cat o'nine tails till my flesh peels away

FINISHED:
The Sith Revealed - A Scrapbook
Episode III The Video Game - The Movie
24: The Missing Day
Star Wars - The Interactive Board Game DVD
Battlefront - Journal of the 501st
The Clones Revealed

email me for details daveytod AT btinternet DOT com

Author
Time
My heart does go out to people in the U.S . We do take it for granted here in the UK that all TV's and DVD players can play any region.

Author
Time
Davey, I do appreciate the work you do and the other editors but to forget one little thing like that practically ignores a good chunk of your fanbase you'd want to get these out to. Not to mention misleading and how'd you feel if you were over here, you found an edit you wanted, spent a day or two downloading it then burn it to a dvd to play, and it won't play cause its in a different format and you saw no mention of it? Wouldn't you feel cheated and upset. All I'm saying is just adding one little thing will clear things up for potential fans. Shameful you had to get all bent out of shame over this, man.
Author
Time
Has anyone here completed this yet? I only ask because the number of peers keeps going down, but the number of seeds isn't going up. In fact, the number of seeds doesn't seem to have increased beyond just me, yet I know that a couple of people have completed this (may not be from here). I plan to continue seeding this until I've reached a 1.0 ratio unless you guys need it longer. Since we're coming up on the weekend, I should hit 1.0 by tomorrow.

I do see that there's now 2 seeds (me and someone else I believe). That's a bit of a welcome relief.

Author
Time
Originally posted by: boon23
Added to rapidshare is one of the most special fanedits ever:
Special Edition:
24 - the missing day by Daveytod is a completely animated movie featuring the original voices of the "24" stars and is about the happenings between season 2 and season 3. All the footage was taken from "24 - the game"

FINISHED:
The Sith Revealed - A Scrapbook
Episode III The Video Game - The Movie
24: The Missing Day
Star Wars - The Interactive Board Game DVD
Battlefront - Journal of the 501st
The Clones Revealed

email me for details daveytod AT btinternet DOT com

Author
Time
Don't forget to mention it's PAL.
Author
Time
@Kaine23: The aforementioned Rapidshare links and Mutantmovies, et. al., info pages now proclaim "PAL".
If an NTSC version, or conversion, is made, I'll get you a copy, if you need me to. (You might have to remind me). Thanks for seeding this, in spite of your dissapointment with the format.

@All : I'm gonna do some torrenting for a day or two, then post this to the newsgroups.

I need to simplify for a short time, anyhow. Normally, usenet posting takes very little of my time (winrar & quickpar on another computer, network to an antique for powerpost). The nfo requires more thought than the rest of it. But I've got some (tech-related) going on that would get in the way.

@Davyetod: Meanwhile, I'll watch this bad boy on my computer, so I can give my thoughts. I'm itching to see it, I'm gonna dig it.

I *will* find a set-top that'll play PAL, since I have a fair amount of PAL material, but for now, it's via the computer. We NTSC-landers get screwed on SD picture quality (tho' we get normal speed audio, in most cases), and given our proximity to certain powers-that-be, ahem, we have a little tougher time with some technical, and other, barriers.

One day I found... 10 years had got behind me. Next day was worse.

Download  shows from Cable DVR (Updated! Yes, it needs a rewrite, but it's worth slogging through, anyway).

Author
Time
No problem. I seeded it, disappointment and all, for least a week like I said I would. I definitely would like to see a ntsc version made for this, especially considering the 24 fanbase here in the US.
Author
Time
Actually, I'm not getting much seedage on the torrent over in my neck of the woods. And such seedage would certainly be appreciated, as I've been excited to see this as soon as I found out about it.

Take care,
Sojourn
Author
Time
Sorry, Sojourn, their tracker is down. They moved to Canada, because their ISP booted them after a lawsuit. They're still setting up housekeeping.

Edit: Wow, Cassius, how'd you do that? I can't connect.

Download  shows from Cable DVR (Updated! Yes, it needs a rewrite, but it's worth slogging through, anyway).

Author
Time
It's been in my torrent q since I got it. I just re started it.

Author
Time
Originally posted by: Jaiman Tuckuh
Sorry, Sojourn, their tracker is down. They moved to Canada, because their ISP booted them after a lawsuit. They're still setting up housekeeping.

Ah, I was wondering why Azureus was giving me messages to that effect -- I thought it might have been a problem on my end. Hopefully, it'll be back up soon!

Take care,
Soourn
Author
Time
Anyone care to try to convert this to NTSC?
Author
Time
It is on my todo list. Should be finished this week, I will keep you posted.

Nothing about fanediting is easy.

Author
Time
Do you know if their servers are going to be going back up again any time soon? I've been really wanting to see this for a little while now, but I'm not sure when the last time any of it started downloading again.

Take care,
Sojourn
Author
Time
I am not sure if your question is addressed to me. Which servers are you talking about?

Nothing about fanediting is easy.

Author
Time
Thanks for your reply, boon23! I was mainly referring to this:

Originally posted by: Jaiman Tuckuh

I haven't seen much action in the swarm since then, however, which is why I was asking if they had gotten their server back up. Hopefully, I'll be able to finish downloading this soon!

Take care,
Sojourn
Author
Time
@Cassius76: Of course, I should've thought of that. My client doesn't q them up, it's 1 instance per torrent, I might switch.

@Boon: Awesome!

@Sojourn: Their server is back up. I'm seeding a little bit, but I'll have to stop soon, to post to the newsgroups.

I was originally going to have 24 posted by now, but the torrenting dragged on, and I changed my upload list. It should be next, between Spence's Spiderman and a certain Superman edit.

Author
Time
Ah, now it's downloading! Thank you! Can anyone else hop on the swarm?

Take care,
Sojourn