logo Sign In

24 The Game - Cut Scenes Fan Edit (by daveytod) (Released) — Page 6

Author
Time
Originally posted by: boon23
It is on my todo list. Should be finished this week, I will keep you posted.

Wow, what a surprise! You're an asset to fans everywhere.
Author
Time
I took a look at the video files and it should be well possible to make this not only NTSC but also 16:9 with very light cropping and no text loss at all. Now since so many people own widescreen TVs I was considering that this could be the way to go. What do you think?

Nothing about fanediting is easy.

Author
Time
the conversion to NTSC 16:9 is finished, it looks good from what I can tell, slightly darker than the original, but still very good (IMHO).
This goes up to Rapidshare now.

Author
Time
Originally posted by: boon23
the conversion to NTSC 16:9 is finished, it looks good from what I can tell, slightly darker than the original, but still very good (IMHO).
This goes up to Rapidshare now.

Any torrents going to be available for this after?
Author
Time
I am not sure yet. But probably. This still is a very special edit, so I doubt too many people will download it, making a torrent quite tedious to upload. I will keep you informed.

Author
Time
the NTSC 16:9 transcoded version all re-authored is now up on rapidshare.
Email me for the links or just go where you know you can find them.

Author
Time
thanks again for doing this. If you do torrent this, this is one those things I would definitely seed for as long as possible.
Author
Time
it has NOT been downloaded a single time yet (3 persons are on it), so I can say for now: I won't be torrenting this, due to lack of interest. But it will stay available for you all on RS (liek the original PAL version). And if someone feels the need to torrent it, go for it.

Author
Time
I'm slowly getting it on RS (don't have a paid account right now).
Author
Time
I finally finished downloading this, and was very excited! Without burning it to DVD, I went ahead and opened it up in Windows Media Player (which has worked out fine for playing .vob files before, and it played fine (looked great, too) -- except, there's no sound! Any ideas?

Take care,
Sojourn
Author
Time
I don't think there is any version without sound around. Perhaps your media player is messing it up.

Author
Time
I just downloaded the NTSC version from Rapidshare and my copy also doesn't have sound....

ETA: I think I *might* have found the problem. I'm assuming that all but the last part should be 102,400KB in size. Some of the files were less than that, as if Rapidshare didn't download the entire file. I'm regrabbing the parts I need again and will check in again once that's complete
Author
Time
I had the same problem. My RS download only grabbed part of the file. But I downloaded it again and it works great.
Author
Time
It is good to read that, I was starting to worry.
So far 15 people have successfully finished downloading this.
For future releases I will use quickpar. This should avoid all future download errors.

Author
Time
Alright I just redownloaded the smaller parts.

Parts 1 - 34 are each 102,400KB
Part 35 is 1,172KB

Nero is telling me the joined ISO is invalid

What's wrong now?!?
Author
Time
If your version of Nero does not like the image, use DAEMON TOOLS or ALCOHOL 120% as a virtual drive for it and try burning the video_ts folder inside a VIDEO DVD.

Author
Time
Thanks Boon, I downloaded the trial of Alcohol 120% and it now works
Author
Time
Both the NTSC and PAL versions are on the newsgroups, now.

So if you need to hurry, you'd better hurry.

One day I found... 10 years had got behind me. Next day was worse.

Download  shows from Cable DVR (Updated! Yes, it needs a rewrite, but it's worth slogging through, anyway).

Author
Time
Originally posted by: kaine23
You should have mentioned it in the info page for this over at fanedited.net. That's quite misleading to people who want to download it and can't play it after spending some time dling it, plus not everyone has a multi region player or wants to buy one just for one or two little things. Quite shameful.

I know this is over a year old but I just had to reply!
Playing a PAL DVD has nothing to to with the players region,
I have all region 1 players and they will play PAL DVDs with
no problem as long as the disc is region free as this disc is!
When I do get a DVD the has a region outside of region 1
I just rip it removing the region code and then they will play also!
My players are all "brand name" mid-level, I had an older player at
one time that I would have to manually change fron NTSC to PAL
if I wanted to watch a PAL disc but still no problems.
lostnorm
Author
Time
Originally posted by: lostnorm
You should have mentioned it in the info page for this over at fanedited.net. That's quite misleading to people who want to download it and can't play it after spending some time dling it, plus not everyone has a multi region player or wants to buy one just for one or two little things. Quite shameful.

Thing is, it's US Tv's that have the problem, as well as some DVD players. I'm not sure if PAL outputs in Black and white only, or not at all on US TV's.

Author
Time
Originally posted by: Cassius76
Originally posted by: lostnorm

Thing is, it's US Tv's that have the problem, as well as some DVD players. I'm not sure if PAL outputs in Black and white only, or not at all on US TV's.

Most of the modern US TV's don't have the problem anymore. LCDs and even rear projection CRT HDTVs (I have one) play PAL fine as long as the DVD player can play the disc.
F Scale score - 3.3333333333333335

You are disciplined but tolerant; a true American.

Pissing off Rob since August 2007.