logo Sign In

2012 Election Josiah Bartlet (D) vs. Leia Organa (R)

Author
Time

I vote for Ms. Organa.

Twist? Is that a vote for Bartlet?

Bartlet: 0 ; Organa: 1

Author
Time

CP3S said:

Warbler said:

CP3S said:

Warbler said:

CP3S said:

Warbler said:

what do you mean by that, CP3S?     Please elaborate.  Have you ever watched "The West Wing"?  I think it was an excellent tv series.  

No, I've never seen it but I am familiar with it; I just think Princess Leia Organa would make ten times the President Josiah Bartlet was. Just sayin.

since you've never seen it, how can you conclude that?

Because they're FICTIONAL characters, they don't exist. Josiah Bartlet is the creation of a room full of writers and he is the main protagonist of a TV drama, he is written so that the audience relates to him and sympathizes with him. In the same way you don't have perfect selfless heroes of fairy tales in the real world, you don't have perfect politicians in the real world. I chose Princess Leia because it was the most over the top example I could think of.

While we are at it, Scrooge McDuck would be the coolest uncle ever. If I ever had to go to war, I hope I am under the command of Capt. Steve Rogers. The world could really use a guy like Sherlock Holmes. Nova from the planet of the apes would be the most amazing girlfriend I could imagine. And KITT would be really awesome to have as a car... oooh! Or a time traveling DeLorean!

Too bad none of those are real. 

your answer doesn't make sense, and I know they are fictional characters.    I asked you how you can conclude that Princess Leia would be 10 times the President that Josiah Bartlet would be, when you have never watched the West Wing.   Saying "Because they're FICTIONAL characters" is not a logical answer to that. 

Warb, Josiah Bartlet isn't real. Princess Leia isn't real.

I already said I knew that.

CP3S said:

Outside the realm of imagination, Princess Leia can't be ten times the President Josiah Bartlet would be, because neither of them are real.

then how come you stated this? :

CP3S said:

I just think Princess Leia Organa would make ten times the President Josiah Bartlet was. Just sayin.

Author
Time

I was making a joke about how silly the idea of wishing Josiah Bartlet was real is. Princess Leia was the most hyperbolic example I could think of at the time, but you seem to have taken my nomination serious since you asked for reason why (which is actually a really fun and intriguing idea, and why I made the thread). If I had said, "Mickey Mouse would make ten times the President Josiah Bartlet was", maybe my initial point would have been clearer.

Author
Time

twister111 said:

Isn't that, that guy from Catch Me if You Can??? The Lutheran lawyer father guy???
*facepalm*

I vote for palpatine.

Author
Time

Nicely done.

Way too emotional though, pron to falling on the floor crying. Repeats himself an awful lot too. I think Organa has the better leadership abilities.

Author
Time

Bartlet (D): 0 ; Organa (R): 1 ; Adama (I): 1

Oh man! Organa and Adama are neck and neck! Who'd have thought an independent would enter the race and take off with more votes than the democratic candidate!

Author
Time
 (Edited)

CP3S, what makes you so sure that Leia would a be a republican?

almost forgot, I vote for Bartlet.  Leia is a good leader, but she doesn't have government experience.   Running a rebellion is not the same as running a government. 

Author
Time

CP3S said:

I was making a joke about how silly the idea of wishing Josiah Bartlet was real is.

I'm not sure what that is silly.  

CP3S said:

Princess Leia was the most hyperbolic example I could think of at the time,but you seem to have taken my nomination serious since you asked for reason why (which is actually a really fun and intriguing idea, and why I made the thread).

sorry, I didn't realize you were joking.  I thought you though Bartlet was a terrible choice for the Presidency.

CP3S said:

If I had said, "Mickey Mouse would make ten times the President Josiah Bartlet was", maybe my initial point would have been clearer.

what qualifications does Mickey Mouse have for the Presidency?

Author
Time

Bartlet (D): 1 ; Organa (R): 1 ; Adama (I): 1

Author
Time

You already know I only have votes for Servalan.

Author
Time

You're Scottish, you're not allowed to vote.

Author
Time

Is this the new Politics thread?

I'll throw in another vote for Adama. Wild card, bitches!

“Grow up. These are my Disney's movies, not yours.”

Author
Time

I move that Adama and Leia be stricken from the ballot.  They are ineligible because they were not born American citizens. 

Author
Time

Their campaigns have both produced birth certificates proving they were born in the US. Geez, you birthers...

Bartlet (D): 1 ; Organa (R): 1 ; Adama (I): 2

Author
Time

twister111 said:

CP3S said:

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/187858_209913212410750_883945491_n.jpg

Isn't that, that guy from Catch Me if You Can??? The Lutheran lawyer father guy???

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7405/cooly.gif

Oh, wait!  Isn't he that guy from Apocalypse Now??????  No, wait, that guy was much younger.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

TV's Frink said:

twister111 said:Isn't that, that guy from Catch Me if You Can??? The Lutheran lawyer father guy???
*facepalm*

Why facepalm?! I'm right!!

IMDB Josiah 'Jed' Bartlet character page

IMDB Roger Strong from Catch Me if You Can character page

Same actor. I'm right. Your facepalm is invalid! Though I probably should've thought about his Babylon 5 appearance too.

CP3S said:Twist? Is that a vote for Bartlet?

Nah I just had some offline stuff going on at the time to bother going to IMDB to confirm my feelings of correctness. Were I to properly convey my offline feelings at that time to the internet it'd go something like this:

*mad gif*
*Angry gif*
*Fuck you gif*
*fuck off gif*
*It's too early for this bullshit gif*
*random destruction gif*
*knife gif*

Something like that anyway. This has something to do with it. Still peeved BTW. . .

Warbler said:
I move that Adama and Leia be stricken from the ballot.  They are ineligible because they were not born American citizens. 

In that case.

I nominate Dr. Tommy Oliver!!!

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/6935/jasindavidfrankgreenran.jpg

He's a Native American Superhero. Has already saved the planet several times. He's got a doctorate, experience in stopping large forces of evil, and early campaign experience running for school president in High School.

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7405/cooly.gif

http://twister111.tumblr.com
Previous Signature preservation link

Author
Time

Warbler said:

CP3S, what makes you so sure that Leia would a be a republican?

almost forgot, I vote for Bartlet.  Leia is a good leader, but she doesn't have government experience.   Running a rebellion is not the same as running a government. 

LEIA DID RUN A GOVERNMENT AS PRINCESS OF ALDERAAN.  IN THE EU SHE WAS THE HEAD OF STATE FOR THE ENTIRE GALAXY.

I'M A DEMOCRAT, BUT I THINK THAT ADAMA WOULD MAKE THE BEST PRESIDENT.  HE KNOWS HOW TO MAKE THE TOUGH CALLS.

"I'VE GROWN TIRED OF ASKING, SO THIS WILL BE THE LAST TIME..."
The Mangler Bros. Psycho Dayv Armchaireviews Notes on Suicide

Author
Time

I nominate Captain Malcolm Reynolds.

You should vote for him. He's a war hero!...sorta...

Shiny.

<span style=“font-weight: bold;”>The Most Handsomest Guy on OT.com</span>

Author
Time

CP3S said:

Their campaigns have both produced birth certificates proving they were born in the US. Geez, you birthers...

Bartlet (D): 1 ; Organa (R): 1 ; Adama (I): 2

I demand to see the long form of their birth certificates!!! 

Author
Time

Leia always struck me as Liberal.

"The other versions will disappear. Even the 35 million tapes of Star Wars out there won’t last more than 30 or 40 years. A hundred years from now, the only version of the movie that anyone will remember will be the DVD version [of the Special Edition], and you’ll be able to project it on a 20’ by 40’ screen with perfect quality. I think it’s the director’s prerogative, not the studio’s to go back and reinvent a movie." - George Lucas

<span> </span>

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I vote for Captain Hammer. The hammer is his penis.

And twist, I never said you were wrong, I was just disappointed that you only know Martin Sheen from Catch Me if You Can.

Author
Time

Still can't figure out why Leia would be a Republican. Alderaan is a peaceful planet. 

I don't know the political views of any of these candidates so I will not be casting my vote.