Sign In

2011 Blu-ray Style Sequel Trilogy Case Cover

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Hello all,
I’m new to the forum, but I’d been working beforehand on a Sequel Trilogy cover that recreates the stylized look of 2011’s trilogy releases:

Sequel Trilogy custom cover, along with prequel and original covers

In the pictures (printed a bit before my latest version), the sequel disks occupy the former spot of a spare 2013 Prequels case so I could have each two-disc Blu-ray set in one case, so that’s why the spine looks a little wide. There only thing missing from the front is a giant face, but beyond that I feel like the mural used for the front imitates the painted look of the other two pretty decently.

Here’s the full version:
Sequel Trilogy cover, printable version

As shown in the picture, some space on either side will be cut off in the final Blu-ray cutting; it’s mostly just there for some extra bleed room. The above print was made with the blu-ray bonus discs in mind, but there’s also a standalone, 3-disc version:
Same as above, but meant for 3 discs--just the movies--instead of the 6 disc bonus feature version

Finally, I also made a slightly tweaked variant for fans of… uh, particular opinions:
Sequel trilogy cover, but instead of the 2011 "The Force on Blu-ray" marketing, it says "the forced trilogy on Blu-ray"

In any case, the rest of the images can be found here; the back description text was based on Reddit user Maxachord’s independently done variant for the 2013 releases and the images for the front came from the saga’s 2019 giant celebration mural.

Author
Time

Cool!

I’m not really that much of a movie purist. I really should’ve thought my name out a bit more.

Author
Time

This is one I did a while back, I didn’t do any of the art, but I put it together. All that’s missing is the splatter paint, like the other two covers.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

CarboniteSolo said:

(image)

This is one I did a while back, I didn’t do any of the art, but I put it together. All that’s missing is the splatter paint, like the other two covers.

Nice! That’s definitely closer to the original layout. What you said about the splatter paint has me thinking, though; I found a few free watercolor splashes and decided to try them out on mine. I’m not sure I like the front as much, but I feel way more satisfied with the back now.

My updated cover, which now frames shots from the films with paint splatters

Author
Time

Mxylv said:

CarboniteSolo said:

(image)

This is one I did a while back, I didn’t do any of the art, but I put it together. All that’s missing is the splatter paint, like the other two covers.

Nice! That’s definitely closer to the original layout. What you said about the splatter paint has me thinking, though; I found a few free watercolor splashes and decided to try them out on mine. I’m not sure I like the front as much, but I feel way more satisfied with the back now.

My updated cover, which now frames shots from the films with paint splatters

Thanks, it’s a little dark on mine, also a little busy, I might work on it tonight and maybe make the characters smaller, but also brighten the image a tad.

I like yours, it’s very original and close to the other two covers. Good job. I’m still learning right now, but I’ll get there someday.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Hi!
Awesome covers! I love Mxylv’s over all but I wanted to have CarboniteSolo’s front on my case so I put together the best of both for myself and those interested. Problem is I’m French and I don’t know if it’s specific to France or Europe or something else but here we somehow have the spine upside down compared to most covers found online. So I also put it upside down so it matches the other two trilogies but I think I could have done a better job at it.

I hope you guys don’t mind.

Regards,

image

I was previously johnlocke2342.

Author
Time

I really like what you did, it looks great. I could use some criticism on what I could do to improve the picture. I don’t use photoshop, it’s another program entirely. Just let me know what I can do to make it better, I’ll do my best, thanks.

Author
Time

Do you guys have textless versions of the front covers you made?

I’m having custom Steelbooks made using the 2011 Prequel and Original Trilogy posters, and would really love to be able to make one for the Sequel Trilogy.

(example of the steelbook: https://www.instagram.com/p/CdZYjKZOAob/)

Author
Time
 (Edited)

MoiseMust said:

Hi!
Awesome covers! I love Mxylv’s over all but I wanted to have CarboniteSolo’s front on my case so I put together the best of both for myself and those interested. Problem is I’m French and I don’t know if it’s specific to France or Europe or something else but here we somehow have the spine upside down compared to most covers found online. So I also put it upside down so it matches the other two trilogies but I think I could have done a better job at it.

I hope you guys don’t mind.

Sounds cool to me; thanks!

CamDW said:

Do you guys have textless versions of the front covers you made?

I’m having custom Steelbooks made using the 2011 Prequel and Original Trilogy posters, and would really love to be able to make one for the Sequel Trilogy.

(example of the steelbook: https://www.instagram.com/p/CdZYjKZOAob/)

Sure! Here’s mine:
Textless front cover, a collage of images from a Sequel Trilogy mural painting

That steelbook looks gorgeous, by the way; I’d love to see what the final trilogies look like!

While I’m here, I thought I’d drop the latest version; I found some ink splashes and thought those would allow the back covers to align with the others better than what I’d been using.
Slightly updated cover, with the back cover more closely resembling the 2011 covers' painted style