logo Sign In

2007 Banner Year for DVDs! GO TIGER! — Page 2

Author
Time
Originally posted by: Mike O

SOMEONE TELL THE TRUTH ABOUT RAUL!! I MUST KNOW!!

He may be right but I wouldnt believe anything he says about the 2007 SW set at moment, wait for an official announcement or some other source but at the moment dont get your hopes up about the 2007 set.

I am not a massive Superman fan but I cant wait for this set to arrive to see The Donner Cut and The Theatrical Cut of Superman The Movie which I havent seen for ages, also the extras look pretty good and even though they arent as good as the others it will be nice to have 3 and 4 on DVD as I only own Superman the Movie EE and the normal Superman 2, my one dissapointment is there isnt an extended cut of 4 on there which Ive heard is supposed to plug some plot holes evident in the original cut ..
Author
Time
He may be right but I wouldnt believe anything he says about the 2007 SW set at moment, wait for an official announcement or some other source but at the moment dont get your hopes up about the 2007 set.

AHH!! LOSING MY MIND!! I MUST KNOW!!

In a related subject, I meant, what happened to him and the vanishing thread?

“What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one.”

Neil Postman, Amusing Ourselves to Death

Author
Time
Originally posted by: Mike O

AHH!! LOSING MY MIND!! I MUST KNOW!!

In a related subject, I meant, what happened to him and the vanishing thread?

I think he is trouble with the mods I may be wrong, he has had his threads locked because I may be wrong again they think he is trolling the boards with this exclusive news of his, I assume it was one of his socks that started that thread so it was probably locked and the sock banned that why it vanished...
Author
Time
Anybody know when Richard Donner's Superman comic book comes out?
Author
Time
The 14 disc Superman set was just annouced on The Digital Bits
Originally posted by: Bill Hunt from The Digital Bits
As fans have been hoping, Warner has also officially announced the release of the 14-disc Superman: The Ultimate Collector's Edition DVD box set (SRP $99.92). Packaged in a special tin case, the set will include the 2-disc Superman Returns: Special Edition, the 4-disc Superman: The Movie - Special Edition, the 2-disc Superman II: Special Edition, the single-disc Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut, the single-disc Superman III and Superman IV DVDs, the You Will Believe: The Cinematic Saga of Superman documentary, the previously-released Look Up in the Sky! The Amazing Story of Superman and a Bryan Singer's Journals Extended Edition disc featuring all of the director's video web-logs shot on the set of Superman Returns. The case will also include a reproduction of the Superman #7 comic book, a booklet on the history of the character and a mail-in offer for all 5 Superman feature film movie posters. Here's a look at the box set's contents, all laid out for you to see...

Here's the pictures :
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a349/moonwalker723/superman14disctindvd.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a349/moonwalker723/superman14disctinopen.jpg
Author
Time
That set looks great. Thats the one coming out in December?
Author
Time
No this is the America one, and I think it comes out Nov. 28th
Author
Time
If it does come out 11/28 nobody has it for pre-order yet but I think I will get that one if it is.
Author
Time
The Richard Donner Cut and Superman The Movie will also be available on HD-DVD! w00t!
Author
Time
Actually is quite smart.
Movies like this are the so called "big guns".
With Superman being released on both formats, Some people will be more interested in Buying either the Bluray or the HD DVD.
Author
Time
The Superman 14 disc set looks awesome, and its hitting the states as well. I'm putting that on my Christmas wish list. Check The Digital Bits if you want to know exactly what it includes, but I know it has all 4 Reeve movies, (the 4 disc set of the first movie, 2 disc of the second, and the one disc versions of 3 and 4, and these are the new remastered ones) the Donner cut of 2, and the 2 disc set of Returns, along with three more bonus discs. I'm so excited to see the Donner Cut, and I've never seen the thetrical version of the original movie, so that should be fun to see. Plus, the Superman 2 snap-case release SUCKS!!! The movie looks and sounds awful. Thank god for remastering! The 14 disc set is definately the best, most comprehensive set to have.
Watch DarthEvil's Who Framed Darth Vader? video on YouTube!

You can also access the entire Horriffic Violence Theater Series from my Channel Page.
Author
Time
That 14 disc Superman set is the DVD highlight of the year for me.
Author
Time
Originally posted by: Krycek87
Actually is quite smart.
Movies like this are the so called "big guns".
With Superman being released on both formats, Some people will be more interested in Buying either the Bluray or the HD DVD.

I don't know, I mean I don't want to back an HD format and spend all my money on it. I keep hoping Bill Hunt is right and that the formats will sort of be niche, but with my luck, it proably won't happen that way. I guess time will tell.

Not crazy about the Donner Cut cover art either. I doesn't really matter, as long as the product is good, I'm just saying.

“What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one.”

Neil Postman, Amusing Ourselves to Death