logo Sign In

2006 MTV movie awards...

Author
Time
Not since the Donny and Marie skit have pop culture and a Galaxy Far Far Away collided like this!
Forum Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time
holy shit that hilarious....

Hey look, a bear!

Author
Time
Painful.

I got through less than a minute of that.

Neil

Well at least the reversed surround channels have been addressed.

Author
Time
But....Chewie playing drums!
My only nit is that should have been Boba Fett and not Jango on keyboard.
Forum Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time
Well hopefully this will be the last SW'MTV moment and thus closure to their nearly 10 year run of material on par with the Holiday Special produced by the cultural elites at MTV. Lucas's desire to be a good, socially deemed, ethical parent has lead to him loosing the passion to maintain the universe he created and thus let pop schlock minions make lame moments like this one. If a fan did this for profit he'd sue, since his kids watch MTV it's ok.
none
Author
Time
I love how the back up singers are Rebel Pilots. Nice nod towards the true nature of Star Wars. Hell, even the orchestra were in Emperial garb. The only thing in there that was out of places was...uhhgg...Jengo Fett. Bleah.

Finally PT pop culture reference will start to wind down now that episode III is over. All that is left is the test of time and already everyone has forgotten about episode I and II. We will all be back to normal in no time.
"I am altering the movies. Pray I don't alter them any further." -Darth Lucas
Author
Time
That was okay. Pretty gross with the whole peeing thing. That wasn't needed. But I had heard references to that film before. Some parts were funny.

Obi-Wan Ken-Boozy....drinker.

Screwed, we all are.
"I am altering the movies. Pray I don't alter them any further." -Darth Lucas
Author
Time
The muppets in the senate chamber cracked me up. Anakin's turn is more credible now, and any movie that puts hundreds of darts in JarJar can't be all bad!
Forum Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time
The funniest part was how it parodied the whiny, bitchy version of Anakin that was in the prequels. I loved the darts in jar Jar and the death star name session quite a bit too.

"Now all Lucas has to do is make a cgi version of himself.  It will be better than the original and fit his original vision." - skyjedi2005

Author
Time
I love a lost hope. The peeing part is great. Plus it was nice to see Alf make a return. Those guys have some other great movies you all might like but be sure to check out the nintendo commercials.

http://www.sequentialpictures.com/movies.html.
1000 Word Migraine
www.1kwordmigraine.com

An off topic site for an off topic world!