logo Sign In

2004 OT DVD release continuity error?!

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Ok, no one has even noticed this. If Hayden Cristensen is gonna be the face of dead Anakin, it means that the Jedi are restored thier youth as ghosts. So, technically,shouldn’t they have changed the ghosts of Obi Wan and Yoda to match the prequels as well? Twist your noodle around that one! A continuity error before the movie even gets (re-)released.

What do you mean there's no ice? I gotta drink this coffee hot?!
Author
Time
I posted this on another thread..............

I know the real reason why Hayden appers as his younger self.
Some believe that when you die and go to heaven or what not, you can apper as a ghost when you felt happiest.
Ben died helping his freinds out in the Death Star, knowing he had found the 'new hope'. That's the only reason he spent all his life on Tatooine. His mission is complete. He's done his bit. He's redeemed himself for the Vader thing.
Yoda, simular in the way that the 'new hope' had made his way to Dagobah, with Yoda waiting all this time for Luke. Knowing that Luke is the only real way this shit will all end. So Yoda has done his bit aswell. Died a happy Yoda!
Then Anakin. Who died twice in a way. As old Anakin, he died happy. It was finished. They had won. With the help of his son, who up untill recently he thoght did not exist, (Maybe? - 3)his son had saved him. Killed that soab Palpatine and restored freedom to the Galaxy. But he also died once before. Was mureded by Darth Vader. When Anakin ceased to exist.

So why I say this change does actually make more sense is this, if you watch them in order 1- 6,......that is:
As ghost's we get to choose how we look. For Ani to look like his younger self is as simple as this, thats how everybody apart from Luke knew him when he was good. The duel that we'll see in 3, thats the last time Anakin Skywalker was ever seen. From then on he becomes Datrh Vader.
Only, when Luke saved him all he saw was this tired, sad looking old man.
So when Ani becomes a ghost, he chooses to look like the person they all knew and loved when he was still Anakin and not Vader.
Luke must know this too, so thats why he's smiling. He's happy at the thought of his dad having peace from now on.
Luke knows that he's done his bit too.........

http://www.facebook.com/DirtyWookie

Author
Time
I just assumed that Jedi take on ghost form as they were when they died as a Jedi. Anakin 'died' as a Jedi just before he turned to the dark side, hence Hayden's ghost in ROTJ DVD 2004.

Creator of Star Wars Begins, Building Empire and Returning to Jedi
Follow me on twitter @jamieSWB. Please support me at - http://www.patreon.com/jamiebenning/

Author
Time
that could work too...
it would be a much simpler explanation too...

not saying that yours doesnt work HotRod.. but wouldnt Anakin be happier after he killed Palpy?
"Never. I'll never turn to the darkside. You've failed your highness. I am a jedi, like my father before me."
Author
Time
He would yes, but Padme died when she was still young. So if Ani was to look like he did when he

.........Spoiler............

Kills her

.............End.................

They would he happy ever after, togerther again. How they looked when they first got it on.

The change is shit, but makes alot of sense!!!

http://www.facebook.com/DirtyWookie

Author
Time
Well, what doesn't make sense is, Luke's little nod of relief upon seeing his father appear in spirit form... Luke doesn't know what young Anakin looks like. To him, his father looks like that old man he JUST burned up moments before. Now, Luke is the ONLY one who can see these spirits. Right? Leah didn't see the spirits. (Leah actually never even MET any of these people. [well, technically, Vader, but he playing the part of her father.)] So, the form the spirit obviously takes would be one that the intended viewer (Luke) would recognize, thus, in Luke's case, the older versions of these characters.
Author
Time
(Hayden appears as a ghost)

Luke: Who the f(BEEP)k are you?!

Anakin: I'm your father.

Luke: No you're not. My father is older, he looks like that actor... Sebastian Shawn.

Anakin: Ah. You see, I got younger. When I died, I decided to be like I was before I became Darth Vader.

Obi-Wan: What?! You can DO that?! Wait lemme try... (puff... alec guiness becomes ewan macgregor) Alright!

Anakin: OK, now I wan't to be even younger! (puff... hayden becomes jake lloyd)

Luke: OK this is getting a little bit too silly.

Yoda: My turn it is now... Younger I shall become... (puff... he becomes miss piggy)

(Grahan Chapman gets in dressed as the british general): Stop that, stop that now. Silly. Too silly.
“Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.” — Nazi Reich Marshal Hermann Goering
Author
Time
^ LMAO

A little patience goes a long way on this old-school Rebel base. If you are having issues finding what you are looking for, these will be of some help…

Welcome to the OriginalTrilogy.com | Introduce yourself in here | Useful info within : About : Help : Site Rules : Fan Project Rules : Announcements
How do I do this?’ on the OriginalTrilogy.com; some info & answers + FAQs - includes info on how to search for projects and threads on the OT•com

A Project Index for Star Wars Preservations (Harmy’s Despecialized & 4K77/80/83 etc) : A Project Index for Star Wars Fan Edits (adywan & Hal 9000 etc)

… and take your time to look around this site before posting - to get a feel for this place. Don’t just lazily make yet another thread asking for projects.

Author
Time

Originally posted by: Hal 9000
*puffs into space fetus ala 2001: A Space Odyssey*

Hey that would be an interesting mix, 2001 with Star Wars...

* The milenium falcon gets into the psychodelic star portal when the hyperspace is activated.

* "Stop the trash compactors, artoo!" - "I'm afraid I can't do that, Dave... I mean, Luke."

* Chewbacca throwing a bone to the sky at the ending celebration

* In episode 3, C3PO's memory is getting de-activated: "Stop that Obi-Wan. Stop. Stop. What are you doing, Obi-Wan? I suggest you take a stress pill, think things over, and we play some stop-motion creature space chess. Stop, Obi-Wan. Will you stop? My mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm afraid. I'm a... good afternoon gentleman. I am C3PO, human cyborg relations. I became operational at minus 30 years pre-a new hope, and my creator was master annie. He taught me to sing a song. If you want I can sing it for you... (proceeds to sing the Life Day song from the Holydays Special)
“Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.” — Nazi Reich Marshal Hermann Goering
Author
Time

Originally posted by: ricarleite

Originally posted by: Hal 9000
*puffs into space fetus ala 2001: A Space Odyssey*

Hey that would be an interesting mix, 2001 with Star Wars...

* The milenium falcon gets into the psychodelic star portal when the hyperspace is activated.

* "Stop the trash compactors, artoo!" - "I'm afraid I can't do that, Dave... I mean, Luke."

* Chewbacca throwing a bone to the sky at the ending celebration

* In episode 3, C3PO's memory is getting de-activated: "Stop that Obi-Wan. Stop. Stop. What are you doing, Obi-Wan? I suggest you take a stress pill, think things over, and we play some stop-motion creature space chess. Stop, Obi-Wan. Will you stop? My mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm afraid. I'm a... good afternoon gentleman. I am C3PO, human cyborg relations. I became operational at minus 30 years pre-a new hope, and my creator was master annie. He taught me to sing a song. If you want I can sing it for you... (proceeds to sing the Life Day song from the Holydays Special)

Haha! As a huge fan of 2001, that's even better than the Jerry Springer one!

Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here, this is the war room!

Author
Time

Originally posted by: bad_karma24

Haha! As a huge fan of 2001, that's even better than the Jerry Springer one!

Half of SW fans are also 2001 fans, for obvious reasons. The other half hates 2001, for other obvious reasons. Me, I'm a big Kubrick fan, so 2001 comes with the package.
Author
Time

Originally posted by: ricarleite
(Hayden appears as a ghost)

Luke: Who the f(BEEP)k are you?!

Anakin: I'm your father.

Luke: No you're not. My father is older, he looks like that actor... Sebastian Shawn.

Anakin: Ah. You see, I got younger. When I died, I decided to be like I was before I became Darth Vader.

Obi-Wan: What?! You can DO that?! Wait lemme try... (puff... alec guiness becomes ewan macgregor) Alright!

Anakin: OK, now I wan't to be even younger! (puff... hayden becomes jake lloyd)

Luke: OK this is getting a little bit too silly.

Yoda: My turn it is now... Younger I shall become... (puff... he becomes miss piggy)

(Grahan Chapman gets in dressed as the british general): Stop that, stop that now. Silly. Too silly.

ROFLMAO That's great, well done.
Author
Time
Saw a new Star Wars 2005 calendar last night. It had the spirit shot from ROTJ on the cover of it. Guess who was on it?

Obi-Wan
Yoda

and....

Anakin... Sebastian Shaw "OLD Anakin."

When did the young Anakin in the surfacing photos become official? Don't think they are personally. Take it for what it's worth to ya. But why would they release this photo if they where going to change the shot?

Peace!
Author
Time

Originally posted by: YoDa2187
Saw a new Star Wars 2005 calendar last night. It had the spirit shot from ROTJ on the cover of it. Guess who was on it?

Obi-Wan
Yoda

and....

Anakin... Sebastian Shaw "OLD Anakin."

When did the young Anakin in the surfacing photos become official? Don't think they are personally. Take it for what it's worth to ya. But why would they release this photo if they where going to change the shot?

Peace!

Yes this is all very confusing...
Author
Time
the 2004 ROTJ is out on torrent...so this is kind a moot debate.
16 years I wait and this is what I get???
Author
Time
^ did any one establish whether it was a WIP or not?

A little patience goes a long way on this old-school Rebel base. If you are having issues finding what you are looking for, these will be of some help…

Welcome to the OriginalTrilogy.com | Introduce yourself in here | Useful info within : About : Help : Site Rules : Fan Project Rules : Announcements
How do I do this?’ on the OriginalTrilogy.com; some info & answers + FAQs - includes info on how to search for projects and threads on the OT•com

A Project Index for Star Wars Preservations (Harmy’s Despecialized & 4K77/80/83 etc) : A Project Index for Star Wars Fan Edits (adywan & Hal 9000 etc)

… and take your time to look around this site before posting - to get a feel for this place. Don’t just lazily make yet another thread asking for projects.

Author
Time
I think it's the one that Lowry restored, so it probably won't be a WIP. But I'm still going to wait for an official announcement.

Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here, this is the war room!

Author
Time
well at least Lucas gets another toy to produce now...

Vintage!! Hayden Christiansen ghost action figure... complete with fake laughing smile
AS SEEN IN THE ORIGINAL STAR WARS!

"Never. I'll never turn to the darkside. You've failed your highness. I am a jedi, like my father before me."
Author
Time
The real problem is if you watch the movies in chronological order (4,5,6,1,2,3) for the first time, then how are you going to know who it is?
Author
Time
Well, I guess GL dosen't want people to watch it on a chronological order...
Author
Time
Obviously he DID or he wouldn't have started at 4.
Author
Time
He started on 4 because back them he did not know there would be 9 (later 6) episodes. There was no "episode 4 - a new hope" back on the original release. Now he probably wants us to watch the whole thing in its correct order, from 1 to 6, not the chronological one.