logo Sign In

2 and already Hooked on Star Wars

Author
Time
Hah. Sad thing is when he's this young he'll probably get sick of it by the time he's ten.

I think if I ever have kids, I'm going to wait till they're seven or so to show them Star Wars.

Author
Time
Make sure not to show him the prequels, they're gay.

HARMY RULES

Author
Time
Wow, excellent! You are showing him the OOT I hope?
Fez: I am so excited about Star Whores.
Hyde: Fezzy, man, it's Star Wars.
Author
Time
That is awsome. Your boys got good taste in entertainment.

Author
Time
Originally posted by: Marvolo
That is awsome. Your boys got good taste in entertainment.

Indeed he does...Just like his Daddy!!

Originally posted by: PSYCHO_DAYV
STAR WARS HAS BEEN A HUGE PART OF MY LIFE FOR THE LAST 29 YEARS. THE THREE YEARS OF MY LIFE BEFORE STAR WARS WASN'T MUCH OF A LIFE.

Same here!!

Originally posted by: Arnie.d
Wow, excellent! You are showing him the OOT I hope?

Afraid it was the SE shown on Sky Movies Star Wars marathon.

Originally posted by: Rob
Make sure not to show him the prequels, they're gay.

Too late...he loves them too!

http://www.facebook.com/DirtyWookie

Author
Time
Well, the prequels are only bad movies compared to the original trilogy, and kids will love both. Heck, I loved Episode One more than the OT when I was 11. He'll learn the truth about them... when he's older.

Author
Time
The kid will love the prequels at a young age, but by age 13, he'll realize what they really are. Flaming piles of garbage. I'll admit that a few years back, I liked them. Now, I hate them with a vengance. It just makes the OT all the more enjoyable, because they are even better than they were before in comparison to the prequels.
Watch DarthEvil's Who Framed Darth Vader? video on YouTube!

You can also access the entire Horriffic Violence Theater Series from my Channel Page.
Author
Time
LOL cute... I bet you would freak out if you asked "Who is it?" and he replied "Jar Jar!"
“Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.” — Nazi Reich Marshal Hermann Goering
Author
Time
I know an 18 yr old right now who still thinks the prequels are better. It's good to hear some on this website say they've "figured it out" as they got a bit older, but some I don't think ever will.
Author
Time
^^^I've gone back and forth in thought several times with this one. Ideally I would want any children of mine to like the OOT better than any other form of Star Wars. Plus I don't want to watch no stinkin' prequel or SE. But I would also want my kids to feel free, and not put any inhibition on them. SO, does one only let the child watch 3 certain movies? Or, give them a choice of all six? I will agree though, that much of the story is ruined if you don't watch it 4-6, then 1-3. If PT fans admit it or not, there is an essence to Star Wars that the OT should be viewed first. GL doesn't seem to be aware of this, but the conceit of viewing it that way is within the films themselves. The characters of the OT are in this new era of overcoming what has happened in the recent past. What they see and are encountering is finding out how to overcome that past. The audience rides with their thought of finding out about this past, and what they learn, WE learn. It's a very good way to tell the story. Mark Hamill said long ago during Star Wars (A New Hope) that Luke Skywalker is the "sounding board" character of the story, and he was right. Now, when you go back and watch the PT, you are privy to what ACTUALLY DID happen before most of the OT characters were born. I truly believe this is the correct way to view the saga. It makes sense.
So, I want my kids to be free to find things on their own, but I do think I would wait a while before allowing them to watch the PT. Just so it doesn't ruin the story. And hopefully they won't like the PT, but I will just have to grin and bear it. Also, maybe Star Wars really will lose steam over the next several years. But I don't really see that happening. Although most of the population HAS moved on, so maybe it really has had its "time". Kinda hard to tell. It's still definitely a part of the cultural reference book, and even internationally.
Maybe I'll change my mind yet again. LOL