logo Sign In

Idea Wanted: the 1995 ET laserdisc extras - anyone preserved them to DVD?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I’m surprised I haven’t seen this mentioned before but I recently saw the '95 ET set in a store for $20. I don’t have a laserdisc player so it wouldn’t do me much good but has anyone thought of transferring the extras to dvd? It says on the box that there are the deleted scenes, a documentary plus multiple trailers. These are all things that didn’t appear on the 2002 dvd which I still love because it has a fantastic transfer of the original version plus some good extras. The case is really nice too.
In fact, what did appear on the 3 disc gift set that didn’t make the 2 disc set? I’ve heard the “making of ET” dvd feature is shortened for the 2 disc set, is that true?
Also, is the newest soundtrack release altered because of the new version. The close up of the shotgun was simply cut out and an abrupt audio edit can be heard at this point, does the cd feature this?

Take back the trilogy. Execute Order '77

http://www.youtube.com/user/Knightmessenger

Author
Time
It has been done. There are 2 different versions circulating on various torrent sites.

Author
Time
Originally posted by: digitalfreaknyc
One of which is mine...

Of course!

Author
Time
digitalfreaknyc said:

One of which is mine...

But where to find such a nugget o' gold?

Kitbashed
Essays, videos and thoughts on the inspiration behind Star Wars.

Author
Time

The torrents for this seem to have 0 seeds. Given that this laserdisc documentary with the unique deleted scenes isn't going to be on the new BluRay, would anyone care to help seed this or maybe PM me with other means of obtaining it? Thanks!