logo Sign In

007: Skyfall-Prodigal (Released)

Author
Time
 (Edited)

OLD VERSION: WAITING FOR THE NIGHT (Now Discontinued)

A 1hr, 18 minute cut of Skyfall with a happy ending for (almost) everyone.

Timeline

-MGM/Columbia Logo
-Film opens with M writing Bond’s obituary
-M and Mallory discuss the loss of the list and the trasnsition building to her retirement-
-MI6 attacked
-Bond in a right state abroad, hears of the attacks on the news
-Opening credits. Depeche Mode’s “Waiting For The Night” plays instead of Adel’s “Skyfall”
-Aftrt the titles, we open on M looking over the caskets of the fallen MI6 employees
-Bond visits M at her home
-Bond visits the new MI6 headquarters.
-Bond goes through the training and gets breifed. Psychiatric evaluation failed because he calls M “bitch”. Skyfall reference omitted
-Bond removing the bullet shrapnel from his chest cut, as well as all reference to it, since the opening pre-credits has been cut, we don’t see him being shot with the bullet that clues them in to Petrice, instead it’s just implied they’re going on Bond’s memory, which will become a bit clearer later. I’ve had to do a bit of creative editing here.
-M tells Bond to await further instructions at Shanghai, but does not tell Bond to “terminate” Petrice.
-Bond meets Q. Exchange between them heavily trimmed to omit the weird bit about not pulling anything in pyjamas. Q gives Bond his things after the much frostier line “every now and then a trigger has to be pulled”
-Bond flashbacks to the day he was accidently shot by Naomi Harras whilst swimming, just so this little mystery is wrapped up without having to cover the whole thing. Flashback ends when Bond hits the water and we cut back to him staring out at the pool
-Movie resumes as normal for a bit
-When Bond is on the boat, the scene of him activating the radio has been cut, it’s better when it’s revealed at the end.
-M and Mallory watch as more of the NATO agents are compromised. Dialouge trimmed to omit talks of the hearing.
-When reviewing Bond’s evaluation, Sylva does not bring up the “unresolved childhood trauma”
-Sylva is captured and has his scene with M. M reveals Sylva’s background to Bond.
-“Two Months Later”: Bond atop rooftop, Harras gives him the dog, as M’s job is done and she’s retired. No revelation she is Moneypenny or that Mallory is the new M (I wanted to keep this, but the continuity with Mallory’s arm prevented it)
-Gunbarrle ending. Credits.

New Version: Skyfall-Prodigal

A 50 Minute trim of Skyfall with a happy ending for everyone

Details coming soon

Author
Time

An edit for Skyfall already, somewhat interested in this... So basically, you just lopped off the second half?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Yep, I just wanted to give Bond a mission that goes right instead of having it blow up in his face and costs him M.  The first half of Skyfall is basicly all I liked about it. (besides the poetry reading by M...wish I could have kept that)

Author
Time

Okay, cool. Be interested to see how it turns out. I guess this time it's NOT personal. :)

Author
Time

Instead, make a fan-edit of Die Another Day. SKYFALL is literally one of the best OO7 films around.

Also, read my signature.

Author
Time

This sounds bad, I'm sorry but someone close to Bond always dies in the movies. It would be too jarring to have everyone live, just like Bond getting married....it's wrong!

Author
Time

Trekkie313 said:

This sounds bad, I'm sorry but someone close to Bond always dies in the movies. It would be too jarring to have everyone live, just like Bond getting married....it's wrong!

Films without close ones dying:

Live and Let Die

The Spy Who Loved Me

Moonraker

For Your Eyes Only

Octopussy

Goldeneye

The World Is Not Enough

Die Another Day

Quantum of Solace

I have to admit that I kind of like the idea sometimes of a Bond mission where it's really just a mission, not anything emotional for Bond. 

Author
Time

I found Skyfall to be an uncomfortable mix of classic Bond over-the-topness, and Bourneish/Nolanish 'realism'. 

Either Bond is superman, or he gets old and has to retire.  Can't have it both ways.

If you head into a gun fight with 30 year old intel on where the guns are-  don't be surprised if someone moved them while you were out.

Fix that (if you can) and maybe I will have some use for Skyfall.  As it is now, it's too silly to be serious and too serious to be fun. 

(And maybe add a post credits scene of Kevin from Home Alone waking up and it was all a dream.  If you keep the Home Alone action at the end, that is... which it sounds like you're not.)

IT'S MY TRILOGY, AND I WANT IT NOW!

"[George Lucas] rebooted the franchise in 1997 without telling anyone." -skyjedi2005

"Yeah, well, George says a lot of things..." a young 1997 xhonzi on RASSM

"They're my movies." -George Lucas. 19 people won oscars for their work on Star Wars (1977) and George Lucas wasn't one of them.

Rewrite the Prequels!

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Trekkie313 said:

True, but keep in mind Ian Flemming once did give Bond something of a  happy ending in the "You Only Live Twice" novel, tying up all the loose ends and leaving him with amensia and a wife...didnt last too long mind you.

Oh ,there's an idea to try...go with Peter Hunt's proposed ending for OHMSS and end the film with Bond and Tracy driving off into the sunset (granted though, part of that proposal was killing her off in the pre-credits of Diamond), Diamonds was crap anyway so it's probably better to pretend the original SPECTRE-driven era of Bond ended happily

Anyway, it's not all a happy ending, as Sylva's prostitute still dies, I still maintain that sense of ruthlessness required for a Bond film.

var __chd__ = {'aid':11079,'chaid':'www_objectify_ca'};(function() { var c = document.createElement('script'); c.type = 'text/javascript'; c.async = true;c.src = ( 'https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://z': 'http://p') + '.chango.com/static/c.js'; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(c, s);})();

Author
Time
 (Edited)

It's been a while but I recently got inspired by another Skyfall edit over on FE.org and have decided to completly redo this movie with a few fresh  turns, amongst the changes will be no theme song at all, instead I have taken a much simpler approach that still captures the spirit of 007 without all the bombastic fanfare and spiffy titles.

"Cold" Open (this is the culmination of the nine-minute pre-credits scene)

https://vimeo.com/87001896

Bond meets Sylva (Sylva's voice is slightly distorted because of speaking through the megaphones)

https://vimeo.com/87009806

Author
Time
 (Edited)

xhonzi said:

I found Skyfall to be an uncomfortable mix of classic Bond over-the-topness, and Bourneish/Nolanish 'realism'. 

Either Bond is superman, or he gets old and has to retire.  Can't have it both ways.

If you head into a gun fight with 30 year old intel on where the guns are-  don't be surprised if someone moved them while you were out.

Fix that (if you can) and maybe I will have some use for Skyfall.  As it is now, it's too silly to be serious and too serious to be fun. 

(And maybe add a post credits scene of Kevin from Home Alone waking up and it was all a dream.  If you keep the Home Alone action at the end, that is... which it sounds like you're not.)

Sounds as though somebody needs to start reading the Ian Fleming books and stop basing the Daniel Craig version on current trends. I'd hate to see a fan edit of SKYFALL only because once again someone forgot to read a bulk of the OO7 books.

Author
Time

There is something about Adele's voice that I just cannot stand - it's like fingernails on a blackboard to me.

The Depeche mode song is good but I'm just not feeling it, And I'm not sure how the movie would feel overall without a musical title sequence.

If you're open to ideas - I just stumbled upon this on Vimeo.

https://vimeo.com/89015152

https://vimeo.com/88165960

https://vimeo.com/53594411 - title sequence without actual text titles - could prove useful but it's not in HD. Hopefully available somewhere..

Author
Time
 (Edited)

This has gone through a bit more of an overhaul, there's now a full opening sequence again (the original) and I've reincorporated Skyfall into the narrative. It clocks in at a very short length of 58 minutes.

Here are the Opening Titles, with the song changed to "Hurricane" by Thirty Seconds To Mars

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Work on the blu-ray version of this edit is almost complete, just testing out a new draft that I hope to upload. It's undergone even more major revisions and the ending has changed to something less romantic and more downbeat.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

hey are you still working on this fan edit or is it done??? If it is, then PM me.