logo Sign In

THE STAR WARS SAGA - 1080P AVCHD DVD-9 for PS3 & Blu-Ray players - Episodes 1, 4 & 5 available now — Page 3

Author
Time
digitalfreaknyc said:

As long as this isn't from 25fps PAL encodes, I'm happy.  I can't stand the speed-up.

And btw...now you know someone with an HD DVD player. :)

Agreed. I am also a proud owner of a Toshiba a3 HD-DVD player. I also own an LG Super multi blue drive for my computer

which plays both Blu-ray and Hd-DVD formats so I'm all set.

-Will

Author
Time

Well since this is a thread about the 1080p AVCHD versions, lets drop the dead format discussion.    Currently, all 6 eps have been posted in avchd format, just search for the ps3avchd.presents.star.wars in your favorite ng program.   I think many of you will be happy with the quality, all mastered from Wookies 12gb versions.

To Adywan, I have personally grabbed many of your releases and you do great work,  just take a look at these before you release yours.    The ps3avchd crew does great work.

Author
Time
 (Edited)
Rock_ps3avchd said:

Well since this is a thread about the 1080p AVCHD versions, lets drop the dead format discussion. Currently, all 6 eps have been posted in avchd format, just search for the ps3avchd.presents.star.wars in your favorite ng program. I think many of you will be happy with the quality, all mastered from Wookies 12gb versions.

To Adywan, I have personally grabbed many of your releases and you do great work, just take a look at these before you release yours. The ps3avchd crew does great work.

mine will be totally different than the Wookiegroomer versions. The OT will be colour corrected, Han shoots first (same as your wookiegroomer version), Boba's original & new voice (selectable), maybe re-rotoscoped lightsabers (still deciding), commentaries, original ESB Emperor restored, Hayden force ghost replaced with original Sebastian Shaw version and maybe some other tweaks. Although, apart from commentaries, the PT will be pretty much the same so i may not bother with those now.

ANH:REVISITED
ESB:REVISITED

DONATIONS TOWARDS MATERIALS FOR THE REVISITED SAGA

Author
Time
digitalfreaknyc said:

what about those of us who don't "do" newsgroups?

don't worry about that,

i only do torrents...(unless, someone wants go the rapidshare route)..

later

[no GOUT in CED?-> GOUT CED]

Author
Time
negative1 said:

digitalfreaknyc said:

don't worry about that,

later

Or trades, which I love to do. :)

Ady, I know you mentioned that several of your mates have dead 360s, but does anyone happen to have one working with the HD-DVD player? If they don't have the player, it's dirt cheap now. Might be a good option for testing in the future.

My crazy vinyl LP blog

My dumberer blog

My Retro blog

Author
Time
negative1 said:

digitalfreaknyc said:

don't worry about that,

later

I'm not looking for HD DVD versions.  I want blu-ray versions.

Author
Time
digitalfreaknyc said:

negative1 said:

digitalfreaknyc said:

don't worry about that,

later

I'm not looking for HD DVD versions.  I want blu-ray versions.

better look for a trade, but you know what, maybe someone else on this board will put out those versions for you?

later

Author
Time

just a quick update here..

i've been messing around with HD DVD encoding, and the results are very good,

i've converted three trailers from the SE trilogy over to HD DVD -> burned to DVD-5,

and it worked perfectly, surround sound and all.....(took a while to encode)..

i'm pretty sure i can encode ADYWANs sample.......

and i'm now in the process of encoding Episode IV SE -> HD DVD -> DVD-R 5 first,

and then to HD DVD -> DVR-R DL 9 next.........

i'm learning how to edit the menus, chapters, music etc...........its pretty similar

to doing the menus for DVD's............bluray menus / features have a HUGE learning curve...

later

Author
Time
 (Edited)
digitalfreaknyc said:

What are you using as your master?

i still don't have the wookiegroomer versions yet..

there's 3 other hdtv versions i have....

but i chose this one :

for ep 4 se

-----------------------------------

File     :  7.81 GB (3.81 GB),  duration: 1:59:36,  type: ASF,  1 audio stream(s),  quality: 100 %
 Video :  561 MB,  10233 Kbps,  25 fps,  1920*816 (2.21:1),  WVC1 = Windows Media Video 9 Advanced Profile,    Supported
 Audio :  335 MB,  392 Kbps,  48000 Hz,  6 channels,  0x162 = Windows Media Audio 10 Professional,    Supported

for one trailer - ep 4 se

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

File     :  68 MB (68 MB),  duration: 0:01:01,  type: ASF,  1 audio stream(s),  quality: 100 %
 Video :  74 MB,  10233 Kbps,  25 fps,  1920*816 (2.21:1),  WVC1 = Windows Media Video 9 Advanced Profile,    Supported
 Audio :  2.87 MB,  392 Kbps,  48000 Hz,  6 channels,  0x162 = Windows Media Audio 10 Professional,    Supported
===================================================

i'm pretty sure they came from .h264 -> .mkv 1080p versions, and were converted over...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok, i got a better video analyzer..

-------------------------------------------

[ About file ]

Name: Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope [Sample].wmv
Date: 20/07/2008 21:42:13
Size: 72,117,043 bytes (68.776 MB)

[ Generic infos ]

Play duration: 00:01:00 (60.242 s)
Container type: ASF/WMV
Creation time: 6/07/2008 08:03:57 UTC
Encrypted: No
Number of streams: 2
Type of stream nr. 1: Audio Media (0x162 (Windows Media Audio 9 Professional))
Type of stream nr. 2: Video Media (WVC1)
Audio streams: 1

[ Relevant data ]

Resolution: 1920 x 816
Width: multiple of 32
Height: multiple of 16

[ Video track ]

FourCC: WVC1
Resolution: 1920 x 816
Framerate: 25 fps
Bitrate: 10233.08 kbps

[ Audio track ]

Audio tag: 0x162 (Windows Media Audio 9 Professional)
Bitrate: 392.14 kbps
Channels: 6
Sample rate: 48000 Hz

[ Profile compliancy ]

Profile to check: MTK PAL 6000
Resolution: 1920 x 816 > 720 x 576
Framerate: Ok

This report was created by AVInaptic (18-11-2007) on 26 lug 2008, h 15:22:37

========================

once i get the wookie groomer versions, i can do a full test, and see what happens

especially bitrate wise, as i'm sure it will have to be reduced in order to fit on a dvd-9...

later

Author
Time
 (Edited)
Ripplin said:

Wow, you're saying there are at least 4 HDTV version out there? Were they all on different channels or were they taken from a couple and re-encoded by other people?

i have no idea,

this is all new to me..

1) was some version that averaged 11-13 gigs per movie : format  : .mkv encoding : h264

2) another smaller version that was around 8 gigs per movie : format : .mkv encoding: h264

3) this version i have is 8 gigs per movie : format : WMV -> format for streaming to XBOX 360

--------------------------

i'm sure they all came from the original wookiegroomer versions...which came from ? ask them.......

i've also heard there was german HDTV source (adywan) mentioned it earlier  - that had good quality also...

------------------------

future - > adywans 1080p bluray versions..................(corrected)

-> adywans esb:revisited  (bluray)

----------------------

i'm making my own private HD DVD versions of the 8gig -> mpg2 DVD DL , so i can test it on the x-box -> se versions

and i'll make HD DVD versions of whatever adywan puts out, along with (probably) higher quality .mkv digital versions..

---------------------

finally, i'll take a stab at converting the wookiegroomer versions -> 2xHD DVD, once i get a good idea if it is worth it or not,

(since mostly likely the 15 gig final version will have to be split across 2 DVD-R DL discs)...

later

Author
Time

I'm confused, what was this thread about again?

I love everybody. Lets all smoke some reefer and chill. Hug and kisses for everybody.

Author
Time
MoveAlong said:

Agreed. Getting back on topic... Ady, how's the progress coming along?

Slowly. Hard drive space is a huge factor with this along with rendering times. I've almost finished the fist pass colour correction on ESB. I started with that one first because of my revisited project. Rendering times are horrendous even with a quad core. Its taking 17mins per 1 minute of footage on average. But thats down to the amount of colour filters i'm using. Now the resulting size is a major issue too. almost 300gb per render which is eating up any space i had. So i have to use 1 uncorrected layer, 1st pass colour corrected layer, colour correction mask layers, final colour corrected layer then output to the final render with all editing done. So thats around 1.5TB needed just for the main video layers alone. On top of that there are all the minor tweaks to some shots after tha correction passes are done. So it all mounts up. I just haven't got enough space at the moment so i'm trying to free up some, if i can, or i'll have to get more storage space.

vbangle said:

I'm confused, what was this thread about again?

I was actually starting to think the same thing. lol. I'm pretty sure this project was a AVCHD for PS3 & Blu-ray players and not a HD-DVD thread. Negative1, if you are going to be doing your own seperate HD-DVD prtoject then maybe you could start a seperate thread about that. It would be more beneficial to people with HD-DVD players as they may not check this thread because its for Blu-Ray.

ANH:REVISITED
ESB:REVISITED

DONATIONS TOWARDS MATERIALS FOR THE REVISITED SAGA

Author
Time
adywan said:

I was actually starting to think the same thing. lol. I'm pretty sure this project was a AVCHD for PS3 & Blu-ray players and not a HD-DVD thread. Negative1, if you are going to be doing your own seperate HD-DVD prtoject then maybe you could start a seperate thread about that. It would be more beneficial to people with HD-DVD players as they may not check this thread because its for Blu-Ray.

sure, no problem, once you're done, i'll post a separate thread..

later

Author
Time

I only want Ady's anyway.  Good to hear it's coming along....albeit...slowly :)

Author
Time

I sprang across this board after scouring the net for a version of the movie that would stream to my PS3.  If I can burn this to a DVD-9 and just play it on my PS3 that'd be even better though :-P.  I am anxiously waiting for you to finish this and am greatfully thankful for your preservation/editting work :-P.  Hopefully you get the HDD space sorted out soon.

Author
Time

hi ady long time admirer first time caller!

have u got a pal ot ntsc ps3? have u checked to see if the 24fps will play on it? i only ask as i have a US one and have been fiddling around with avchd's and have found that the only framerate the ps3's are truly happy with are 23.97 i can get the same disc to play a black screen on mine audio only on my samsung 1500 blu black screen on a HK ps3 and plays fine on a UK ps3 but if i reencode it to 23.97 it plays fine on alll of them? i couldnt download your test file is there any chance you could reup it please? thanks i have pretty much given up on my saga avchd's as i couldnt get them to play due to them being 25fps if i dropped the framerate to 23.97 they play fine but lose the synch! so cant wait for yours especially with a commentary god knows how you fit it all on ; )

Author
Time
pjvader said:

i couldnt download your test file is there any chance you could reup it please?

what error are you getting?

i just checked it, and the rapidshare file is fine...

later

Author
Time
negative1 said:

pjvader said:

i couldnt download your test file is there any chance you could reup it please?

what error are you getting?

i just checked it, and the rapidshare file is fine...

later

got it to work i tried it repeatedly last week and just got a 404

wow i think im gonna delete the saga from my sky HD box and replace it with these! cant believe you got the commentary too i had trouble just fitting the movie on a DL! you picked a great scene to test too lots of movement, light and dark and colours ranging from deep black to hot pink

these are gonna be THE discs to own until an official release and due to your improvemnents probably beyond that

are you upscaling any of the OT footage or rejigging the HD versions? I CANT WAIT ARRRGHHH wish i could give u a few spare TB's if i had any lol ( i was doing mine off a 500gb external! lol)

Author
Time
pjvader said:

wow i think im gonna delete the saga from my sky HD box and replace it with these! cant believe you got the commentary too i had trouble just fitting the movie on a DL!

your bitrate was too high when you encoded it.....you need to take into account the filesize for the audio,

and adjust the encoding rate.....also it depends on what codec it uses? vc-1/.h264? mpg2 doesn't compress

as well of course...........but is easier to edit, or play around with depending on what tools you have......

i know a lot of people like streaming files to their xbox360, or ps3, but i'd rather have something physical

for high def movies, in case my hard drives die out..............................

later

Author
Time
 (Edited)
negative1 said:

pjvader said:

wow i think im gonna delete the saga from my sky HD box and replace it with these! cant believe you got the commentary too i had trouble just fitting the movie on a DL!

your bitrate was too high when you encoded it.....you need to take into account the filesize for the audio,

and adjust the encoding rate.....also it depends on what codec it uses? vc-1/.h264? mpg2 doesn't compress

as well of course...........but is easier to edit, or play around with depending on what tools you have......

i know a lot of people like streaming files to their xbox360, or ps3, but i'd rather have something physical

for high def movies, in case my hard drives die out..............................

later

yeah its all down to the bitrate i was using a bitrate calculater (brinscoft iirc) and it was always coming out just a bit too big for a DL disc and that was without the commenataries! i too prefer a hard version i can take to my friends house etc.

ady if its of any use to you i can confirm the sample worked on a samsung BD-p1500 uk blu ray player and a US ps3 with todays latest fw patch 30/7/08

is it wrong that im more excited about ady's discs than the clone wars movie in 2 weeks time?