Parent topic
Bowling for Coruscant
Link to post in topic
https://originaltrilogy.com/post/id/67591/action/topic#67591
Date created
26-Sep-2004, 1:17 PM
OK folks, here's what we need:

* Footage of the O-OT.
* Footage of the 1997 version and the 2004 version.
* Footage of the line outside the theater in the original 1977 release.
* Footage from TMP and AOTC
* Any GL interviews we can get

Here's what I considered to be the opening shot.

(Fade In, scenes from the celebration in the O-OT ROTJ, edited to finish with Sebastian Shawn's ghost)

NARRATOR: Was it all... a dream? Didn't this really happen? Didn't wee see this scene in the Return of The Jedi back in 1983? And wasn't mr. Sebastian Shawn the actor who played Luke's father, Anakin Skywalker? (zoom in Sebastian's face smiling)

(Cut to 1977 footage of SW fans, international posters, and stuff)

NARRATOR: Star Wars, a cultural fenomenon, a huge hit all over the world, the story of a boy... (Luke's scene "I'm here to help")

NARRATOR: A princess (Leia's "Ben Kenobi?!")

NARRATOR: A man who had nothing to lose (Han "I'm the captain of the milenium falcon")

NARRATOR: And his sidekicks and friends (Chewier growls, Threepio "I am C3PO...", R2 beeping)

NARRATOR: It was a story of heroes... and villains (Darth Vader going into Leia's cell, Tarkin, Emperor in ROTJ getting up)

(Scenes from the battle of Yavin)
NARRATOR: And above all, a story filled with incredible special effects, never seen before in a motio picture.

(Fill in any SFX crew interview, if possible one made around 1977)

(scenes from the movies, if possible old O-OT scenes)
NARRATOR: Star Wars, a new hope. The Empire Strikes Back. Return of the Jedi. That was the trilogy we all loved. The trilogy we enjoyed watching. The movies we loved seeing over, and over, and over again, until...

(silence. fades in to 1997 SE's trailer)

NARRATOR: What was that?! Suddenly, there were creatures we never wanted to see! (1997 Jabba scene, Wampa scene)

NARRATOR: There was CGI all over the place! (Jedi rocks scene)

NARRATOR: Suddenly, Han Solo was not the bravest man in the galaxy, the man we all wanted to be (O-OT shooting Greedo scene)

NARRATOR: ... he was a loser! (1997 Greedo scene)

NARRATOR: (slowly closes up into the 2004 DVD box) And in 2004, when the antecipated DVDs were released, all hell broke loose! Good actors suddenly... Didn't exist anymore! (fades from the Old Emperor scene into the 2004 one, fades from the old sebastian shawn scene to the one with Hayden, slow down, zomms into Hayden's smile)

(Interview with anyone about the changes, explaining what happened)

... and after that, we start talking to fans, and showing the hypocrisie of one man... George Lucas.