@Sparky Ah, yes, suggestions for helping achieve OP’s intention while also making sure he knows what he’s already changing is inherently wrong.
You’re arguing against the fundamental ideas of OP’s fanedit. 9 times out of 10, or probably more, you just disagree with the fanedit on a conceptual level. That’s fine. The fanedit is just not for you. OP understands what he’s changing fine. You often act like you have the supreme understanding of the ST, but you’re just one person with one particular subjective interpretation of these movies.
The best thing that could possibly happen (from your perspective) is you end up hijacking their creative project. In all likelihood, you’re just gonna end up arguing for the sake of arguing.
If you truly want to give suggestions for helping OP achieve their intention, give constructive criticism on the execution of their ideas. You often give destructive criticism of their creative purpose.
I’m probably contributing to the problem by feeding it and adding more off-topic comments to this post, though.
Here’s where I need some help - mostly technical, but a few issues with finding access to source material I need.
- Rendering new opening crawl.
- Getting access to “Cobalt Squadron” audiobook narrated by KMT, to create new Rose Tico line of dialogue (“The shuttle’s being towed!”).
- Removing music from dialogue. (“Red plomme bloom!” “The Master Codebreaker!”)
- Colour correct shot of red plomme bloom so that it’s on DJ’s jacket.
- Remove lightsaber audio from dialogue in third flashback.
- Add 4K source shot to punch in for Snoke closeup.
- Extend final group shot on the Falcon by a few seconds.
I can definitely help with the opening crawl. What were you thinking of for the text? Unless I’m dead blind and can’t find it.
I can also probably help with the plomme bloom but I’m not sure specifically what you were thinking that would entail. Speaking of which, not really sure what you mean by removing lightsaber audio from dialogue in the third flashback.