I am planning on preserving 2 Wizard of Oz documentaries only available on VHS videotape and remastering them for a Blu-ray disc (25GB BD-R) with bonus features.
One of the documentaries is Oz: The American Fairyland, is from 1997, and is by the defunct Sirocco Productions (which I have the VHS of). The other documentary is We’re Off to See the Munchkins, is from 1993, and is by the also-defunct Cinema Video Productions (which I purchased the VHS of and will receive it sometime later this month).
Here is what I need to do for preserving and remastering:
- Rip both documentaries from their videotapes with an ADVC-110 (which I don’t have) in Adobe Premiere Pro CC and export the rips to uncompressed AVI video files,
- Deinterlace the uncompressed AVI videos (with the “Replication - Simple” option) and export them to progressive 23.976fps MP4 files with TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 7,
- Upscale the progressive videos to 1080p high-definition and export them to lossless PNG files with Gigapixel Video Enhance AI,
- Import the PNG files into TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 7 and use more filters on them (such as Denoise, Sharpness, etc.) and export them to new progressive 23.976fps MP4 video files,
- Export the audio from both original progressive videos to LPCM format with FFMPEG,
- Upmix the audio tracks to partially-pseudo-5.1 surround sound (with either the soundtracks of the source film clips made into instrumentals with Spleeter or the orchestral angles and music-and-effects tracks of the source film clips - depending on whether the movie release has orchestral angles and/or music-and-effects tracks or not - and the vintage song clips for parts of the FL, FR, SL, and SR tracks) in Audacity and export the tracks as 6-track audio files,
- Mux both the 5.1 surround and stereo audio tracks to the new progressive videos,
- Convert the new progressive videos to interlaced 60fps MKV files with TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 7,
- Create chapters for the MKV files and add the chapters to them,
- Create a Blu-ray with TMPGEnc Authoring Works 6,
- Add the new interlaced MKV files to the Blu-ray,
- Add bonus features to the Blu-ray,
- Export the Blu-ray to an ISO file,
- Create Blu-ray cover and disc artwork with Gimp and export them as PNG files, and
- Upload the ISO file and artwork folder as one upload onto my Resilio profile.
I can’t purchase an ADVC-110, seeing how they sell for large prices on eBay. If anyone is willing to purchase an ADVC-110 from eBay and mail it to me, please PM me. Thank you.
JEDIT: This project is currently on hiatus.