So I started a new project to compare a couple different SWHS releases, then…this happened.
This is a Premiere Pro project with 12 separate Holiday Special releases at full 480 res lined up on one 2560x1440 video sequence.
A few things I noticed:
- We’ve come a long way since the days of the initial DVD releases
- Color varies quite a bit with every source
- You can tell how clean the EditDroid source is compared to all the VHS transfers
- What the hell was I thinking with the aspect ratio on my v1 release, lol
- RiffTrax definitely sourced the video on their site from my v1, only they cropped it, did a ton of smoothing and noise reduction, and for some reason converted the whole thing to 23.976 fps (I’m honored, though I wish they’d used my v2 release instead)
- I really like the news segment and Wonder Woman/Hulk bumper intro used on the Tasjo and Gormaanda releases, and how Rikter put the SW and ESB trailers at the end of his KCMO release
- “Fighting the Frizzies at 11” is still the best commercial break segment and should be added to commercial breaks in future releases