Turns out adding the Kylo ending has led to some interesting moments. Here’s the revised ending:
- Rey cuts off Kylo/The Dice Disappear
(I think the Falcon TLJ ending might need to go, although Rey and Leia talking about Luke is a nice moment.)
- Kylo runs back to Vader. Vision sequence. Haunted by Vader/Luke. Sees the ruins of the Death Star and leaves.
- Small part of Forces of Darkness fan film: Vader choking Kylo. “Let the past die. Kill it if you have to.” Kylo kills Vader.
- cut to Ben at the Death Star ruins. Leia calls to him. Han appears. Kylo throws away the saber. We hear Luke. “I’m sorry.” He leaves in the TIE.
- Rey travels to Tatooine. As she makes her way to Luke’s but, we cut to…
- Kids learning about Luke. Broom boy sweeps.
- Rey slides into Luke’s old home. She buries the two halves of the saber. She reveals her new saber.
- Ben connects with her one last time. His ship burns in the background on a desert planet. “I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it. Why didn’t you?” “I did want to take your hand. Ben’s hand.” Rey smiles. She notices the old lady. Sees Luke’s ghost. “Rey Skywalker.” Leaves on the Falcon. Broom Boy observes and looks up into the stars.”