I personally think the originals look better, in your upscale the aspect ratio is wrong, the colors are all off, the outlines are too thick, the blacks are more of a gray, and it overall just looks blurry. Also you rendered to 60fps instead of 23.976.
- The aspect ratio is the same, just cropped slightly to remove video artifacting on the edges.
- The colors are more like technicolor film, and are probably closer to how the original film versions looked.
- The outlines are sharpened, not thickened.
- The blacks appear quite black on my screen, so I’m not sure what you mean by that.
- The blu ray will be encoded at 23 fps, so it doesn’t really matter if the raw file is 60 fps.
- Denosing can cause a slightly blurry look, but its better than having a bunch of pixellated noise all over the image.
You’re welcome to restore these yourself if mine aren’t good enough for your tastes.