I don’t understand how George Lucas is getting all the breaks now for his “originality” while Rian Johnson is hated for doing exactly what haters of TFA asked.
This is what RJ possibly “ruined” about Star Wars:
- Luke’s ultimate fate is sit around moaning about his failure before he returns to form and sacrifices himself.
- You can now hyperspace attack.
- Animal cruelty exists in Star Wars.
Compared to the PT:
- Anakin wasn’t a brave warrior, he was a creep.
- The Jedi were idiots.
- Padmé died of a broken heart.
- Stormtroopers are clones of Boba Fett’s father.
- There’s a ton of weird names.
- It’s potentially racist (likely accidental).
- The Jedi Purge happened in a day.
- Anakin built C-3PO and knew R2.
- Anakin knew about Uncle Owen but never checked up on him.
Yes, TLJ is way worse than the PT! /s I can see the argument TFA is the worst one, although I beg to differ, but I don’t understand how RJ gets SW worse than GL.
George Lucas has definitely been getting a rose-tinted-glasses treatment lately. Undeservedly so, in my opinion. Credit for creating and directing the original Star Wars, but beyond that his work really hasn’t been very good. Just think how boring the Empire Strikes Back would have been if it were written and directed by George Lucas.