Would anyone happen to know the answer to these questions?
(re: English 5.1/Stereo Audio tracks on SW v2.7)
First, I don’t find any audio track notes past SW v2.5. In v2.5 notes I find:
• TRACK 1) 5.1 1977 70mm six track mix @ 640Kbps
• TRACK 2) 2.0 1977 35mm stereo mix @ 224Kbps
I am converting with Subler for Mac > mkv to m4a
During conversion, I am removing all tracks, except two:
• Home theater (5.1)
• Stereo devices (2.0) (iPhone, iPad, etc that can’t read the 5.1 track)
My questions are:
- Are the specs for v2.7 the same as v2.5?
- For the stereo track, would it be better to downmix the 5.1 track (@ 640Kbps) to 2.0? Or just use the 2.0 (@ 224Kbps)?
But really, the Kbps numbers are just one factor. What is the origin of each of these tracks?
I do not know the differences between either track. Did the 35mm release have a different mix than the 70mm release (sound effects, music mix, etc). If so, what are the differences?