Yeah maybe in a conservative cut it’s not useful to remove that.
The more I think about it, the more I believe I’d love this conservative cut to be Octorox’s EpIII extended editions with a few things dealt with I consider mandatory:
- no “I’m sorry” master during the opening space fight
- no R2 killing droids with oil
- no Dooku cgi jump
- no Palpatine going “yeah !” during Anakin v Dooku
- I’m puzzled about “DO IT!” : maybe just remove “Good. Now: kill him” and let Anakin take the decision after only “DO IT !” (very unsure about that scene… what have you decided about that Octorox ?)
- no Anakin whining during the Jedi Council
- no ridiculous Palpatine close ups & melting face during the Windu fight
- no Anakin killing kids (seriously, I hate that shot)
- no “I saw your ship”
- no “she has lost the will to live”
and a few silly things here and there removed or slightly restructured. A cut the same way Hal edited TLJ really (around 10/15 minutes cut, 5 added), the very same thing with the small very bad things removed and cut material reinserted.
Anyway I’m still highly hyped by this project, hope it comes to fruition in glorious audio-video quality 😃