- Luke senses dark side in Kylo. Rashômon Saber scene from TLJ.
- Kylo blows up the temple.
- Kylo already pretty strong in the force. Thinks he can be his own teacher. Anakin vibes, wanting to be a Master.
- Starts teaching his own disciples, the Knights of Ren
- Can’t learn from Luke, so goes towards Vader instead.
- Joins up with small band of imperial remnant called the First Order, lead by Hux.
- Hux distrusting of Kylo for his “ancient religion” + family.
- Kylo more interested in Force related power/research than Empire building.
- Kylo kills Hux in the Throne room to seize command of the First Order. Unclear what he’ll do with it.
- Invites Rey to join him in researching the Force from a lightside/darkside perspective, not just being evil. Links up with what Luke has been telling Rey about ending the Jedi.
There. We’re back to beginning of TFA/TLJ with no Snoke at all.
Watching TFA again, some lines about Snoke sound ridiculous. Especially Leia talking about Snoke turning Ben.