- Add all the tracks to Audacity. (Drag and drop.)
- Make sure you select all tracks.
- Go to Effect -> Amplify.
- Define “New Peak Amplitude” as -0.1. This will automatically set the “Amplification” value to the maximum value possible without introducing clipping.
- Click “OK”.
You want to make sure you select all of the tracks and Amplify them at the SAME TIME. Audacity will look at all the tracks, calculate the maximum amplification that can be applied to ANY track without introducing clipping, and then apply that amplification to ALL the tracks. (And you want the amplification to be applied equally to all tracks, because otherwise you’ll lose the original sound balance. And your LFE channel will be totally insane.)
To export the WAVs:
- Go to File -> Export
- Select “Export Multiple”
- Set “Header” = WAV
- Set “Encoding” = Signed 24-bit PCM
- Set the export folder to whatever you want.
- Click “Export”.
And that’ll give you the WAV files you need.