Although totally unrelated to this project, I just uploaded on that popular organ of the human body an MKV version of this 2002 cut that is made from the following elements:
- A 720p capture of the film from HDNET.
- All of the audio tracks from the 2002 DVD release that I’ve sync’d to this capture which includes:
- The 2002 English sound-mix in DTS 5.1 channel sound
- The 2002 English sound-mix in Dolby Digital 5.1 channel sound
- The 2002 French sound-mix in Dolby Digital 5.1 channel sound
- The Live-Performance Audio from the premiere-screening at the Shrine Auditorium featuring John Williams’ Oscar-winning music score being performed live to picture, orchestra conducted by the composer, in Dolby Digital 5.1 channel sound
This capture was made by another member of that said forum and it was previously released in October 2016 in that forum as part of his BD50 ISO file, E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial Archives [BD-50]. Unfortunately, in that ISO, one of the 2 audio streams, the live performance audio, was not sync’d property to this capture. With my own copy of that 2002 DVD, I made a rip of it, took out a few seconds—both at the beginning, just before the studio logo clip appears and at the end, just after the end credits; and muxed both the AC3 and DTS streams from that DVD to the capture. All the streams are properly sync’d to this video. That member gave me his permission to release this capture provided that it be kept in that forum.
Also, this capture has a HDNET MOVIES logo on the bottom right-side of the screen that is displayed for one time at the duration of 11 seconds.
Hopefully, this post will re-ignite this project for a higher-resolution quality of the reconstruction for this version of the film.
If this project does get restarted, please, let me know if I can help with the audio sync’ing/editing.