Sign In

Warbler

User Group
Trusted Members
Join date
7-May-2003
Last activity
21-Jan-2018
Posts
25187

Post History

Post
#1160931
Topic
NFL
Time

Too bad. This is the NFL thread. Cheering for one’s team here is allowed.

Post
#1160923
Topic
NFL
Time

E!-A!-G!-L!-E!-S! EAGLES!!!

Post
#1160922
Topic
NFL
Time

moviefreakedmind said:

TV’s Frink said:

I thought it might bring you some joy when people who root for the US are sad.

No because at least the Olympics are a competition of the world’s best athletes and you can at least say that you like the country you’re rooting for. Even if you like the city your team is based in, it’s still just a collection of athletes from elsewhere that the city’s team has hired. I like it when die-hard fans that enjoy taking pride in other people’s accomplishments get cut down a bit. I especially hate it when people refer to their teams as “we”, as though they have anything to do with the team. The fans’ hostility toward the kneeling athletes also pisses me off lately. My irritation is all about the fans, not the sports themselves.

sheesh.

Post
#1160885
Topic
NFL
Time

E!-A!-G!-L!-E!-S! EAGLES!!!

Post
#1160839
Topic
Politics 2: Electric Boogaloo
Time

yhwx said:

Warbler said:

SilverWook said:


A clean desk is a sure sign of a dirty mind!
And where the heck are all the photos of family and loved ones? Even fictional presidents have photos behind the desk.

Also, I didn’t know Trumpy collected POGS…

One would think the desk of the President would be full of papers to go through and read and things requiring his signature and what not. (And in these days a laptop or tablet or something like that)

Trump doesn’t believe in computers.

oh.

Post
#1160838
Topic
NFL
Time

E!-A!-G!-L!-E!-S! EAGLES!!!

Post
#1160837
Topic
NFL
Time

TV’s Frink said:

Warbler said:

moviefreakedmind said:

Warbler said:

moviefreakedmind said:

So why are you guys fans of these teams? Do you like the uniforms? Is there a sense of pride in having a connection to the city in which the stadium is located?

Connection to the city in which the stadium is located. People that live in my area cheer for the Philly teams. It should be illegal to choose to become a fan of a team because you like their uniforms.

What’s so different about that? At least if you like the uniforms then there’s personal taste there. You don’t choose where you’re born.

You may not choose where you’re home town is still you’re home town. When you watch the Olympics do you cheer for team USA or the country whose colors you like the best?

I can pretty much guarantee mfm does not watch the Olympics and he actively roots against the US at the same time.

Why would he root against the US?

Post
#1160835
Topic
NFL
Time

one69chev said:

yhwx said:

I think most people who are big fans of sports teams are so for one of tree reasons:

  1. The team is of the city from which they hail.
  2. The rest of their family likes said team.
  3. They like the team’s “story” and relates to them somehow.

I blame it on my Dallas Cowboy pajamas. As a five year old, it seemed as good a reason as any to root for a football team. As for the remaining leagues, in second grade, I got a Phillies hat, so that takes care of baseball. I am from Jersey originally, so as I began to appreciate the NHL way back when, the Devils seemed like the obvious choice. NBA? I really haven’t followed anyone post Jordan. Apologies for the minor degression off topic, but the completest in me could not resist.

I am hoping against hope the Eagles will bring home the trophy; tired of the Patriots.

You’re Cowboys and Devils fan and also a Phillies fan and you hope the Eagles bring hope the trophy??? The first two just don’t go together with the last two. Drop the Cowboys and Devils.

Post
#1160833
Topic
Random Thoughts
Time

Handman said:

Jeebus said:

Handman said:

Somehow it was my fault they were being obnoxious.

I feel like there’s a lot more to this story.

I asked why they had to do that because I was trying to watch the movie, they answered, “Why do you care?”.

If someone acted like that with me, I’d want to deck them.

Post
#1160769
Topic
Politics 2: Electric Boogaloo
Time

SilverWook said:


A clean desk is a sure sign of a dirty mind!
And where the heck are all the photos of family and loved ones? Even fictional presidents have photos behind the desk.

Also, I didn’t know Trumpy collected POGS…

One would think the desk of the President would be full of papers to go through and read and things requiring his signature and what not. (And in these days a laptop or tablet or something like that)

This post has been edited.

Post
#1160768
Topic
Politics 2: Electric Boogaloo
Time

Mrebo said:

Warbler said:

Mrebo said:

but the predominant story in the media is that its all Republicans fault because they’re the majority party.

That’s what you get for being the party of Trump.

Warbs, blaming the Republican Party is a pastime of the media. I wish this was something new that started with Trump’s election.

I guess what I am saying is that right now, I don’t feel a bit sorry for the party that supports Trump. If they want me to care about whether or not the media is unfairly blaming them, they need to first dump Trump.

Post
#1160767
Topic
NFL
Time

moviefreakedmind said:

Warbler said:

moviefreakedmind said:

So why are you guys fans of these teams? Do you like the uniforms? Is there a sense of pride in having a connection to the city in which the stadium is located?

Connection to the city in which the stadium is located. People that live in my area cheer for the Philly teams. It should be illegal to choose to become a fan of a team because you like their uniforms.

What’s so different about that? At least if you like the uniforms then there’s personal taste there. You don’t choose where you’re born.

You may not choose where you’re home town is still you’re home town. When you watch the Olympics do you cheer for team USA or the country whose colors you like the best?

This post has been edited.

Post
#1160681
Topic
NFL
Time

moviefreakedmind said:

So why are you guys fans of these teams? Do you like the uniforms? Is there a sense of pride in having a connection to the city in which the stadium is located?

Connection to the city in which the stadium is located. People that live in my area cheer for the Philly teams. It should be illegal to choose to become a fan of a team because you like their uniforms.

Post
#1160663
Topic
Random Thoughts
Time

moviefreakedmind said:

The amount of people with phones that are rude and spend all their time fucking around with stupid shit on their devices is a lot more than “some”. Way to go Handman. Keep up the smartphone fast.

I’ve had a smart phone for about half a year now and am glad say that I don’t use for 5 hours or more per day(in fact I use it a lot less per day than 5 hours) and I am very considerate with. I also turn the sound off when going into a situation where letting it ring would be rude(church, movie, play). In movies the sound is off and I never take it out and/or turn it on during the movie itself. I also never use the phone while driving.

This post has been edited.

Post
#1160661
Topic
Random Thoughts
Time

Handman said:

It doesn’t bother you when people are constantly taking pictures of themselves? I’ve had this happen while trying to watch a movie, and they had the flash on! Somehow it was my fault they were being obnoxious.

You mean in the movie theater while the movie was going on? Yeah, anyone that did that, I’d want to force feed them their phones.

Post
#1160656
Topic
NFL
Time

TV’s Frink said:

I thought the “occasional blatant cheating” would have covered that but apparently not?

sorry.

Post
#1160649
Topic
NFL
Time

TV’s Frink said:

Collipso said:

TV’s Frink said:

“Sympathized with the Patriots”…???

What? Why?

I guess it’d be because Tom Brady’s wife is from Brazil, and so am I.

Lol I guess this makes as much sense as any.

Most people that aren’t from Boston and the surrounding areas hate the Patriots, and honestly it’s mainly because they’re so damn good that they win all the time. Although the grumpy-ass coach and the Trump support and the occasional blatant cheating also plays a part.

Some also hate them because of a certain football game in the 2004 season(and especially because they might have cheated in said game).

Post
#1160648
Topic
NFL
Time

moviefreakedmind said:

Warbler said:

moviefreakedmind said:

On the sigh thing, you didn’t explain till later.

You really couldn’t understand that this:

Warbler said:

moviefreakedmind said:

If only it were possible for all teams to lose all of their games, then everyone would be disappointed. That’d sure make me happy.

?

was an attempt at asking for an explanation as to why all teams losing and everyone being disappointed would make you happy?

My post was so self-explanatory that I didn’t think it needed explanation. I obviously was expressing distaste for sports fandoms.

oh. Oh well.

E!-A!-G!-L!-E!-S! EAGLES!!!

Post
#1160616
Topic
Politics 2: Electric Boogaloo
Time

Mrebo said:

but the predominant story in the media is that its all Republicans fault because they’re the majority party.

That’s what you get for being the party of Trump.

Post
#1160598
Topic
NFL
Time

moviefreakedmind said:

On the sigh thing, you didn’t explain till later.

You really couldn’t understand that this:

Warbler said:

moviefreakedmind said:

If only it were possible for all teams to lose all of their games, then everyone would be disappointed. That’d sure make me happy.

?

was an attempt at asking for an explanation as to why all teams losing and everyone being disappointed would make you happy?

This post has been edited.

Post
#1160594
Topic
NFL
Time

moviefreakedmind said:

I posted the sigh without context because your question mark and the post telling me that it was a question mark were as obnoxious and unhelpful as your contextless sighs.

Warbler said:

moviefreakedmind said:

Warbler said:

moviefreakedmind said:

Warbler said:

moviefreakedmind said:

If only it were possible for all teams to lose all of their games, then everyone would be disappointed. That’d sure make me happy.

?

What’s this mean?

It’s a question mark.

/sigh/

You posted “If only it were possible for all teams to lose all of their games, then everyone would be disappointed. That’d sure make me happy.” I wondered why this is and sob I quoted you and posted the question mark. I thought it was clear I was asking for an explanation.

This post has been edited.

To the top