LATEST UPDATE (DECEMBER 2016)
It looks like a few forum members are giving out invites again. To prevent project threads being cluttered with invite requests, this thread has been unlocked. Please see this announcement.
Before posting a request for an invite, you MUST read the important information below:
UPDATE (DECEMBER 2015)
MySpleen invites are no longer being given out by ot.com members on a regular basis. Invites via the Spleen Forums are also now closed due to the high amount of Star Wars “hit and runners”. According to a post on their forum, there are recruitment threads for MySpleen on PTP and HDBits that are still active. If you are a new member with no previous contribution to originaltrilogy.com, you stand a better chance of receiving an invite from one of these forums. If you are looking for Harmy’s Despecialized Editions, these are also available from public torrents or tehparadox.
UPDATE (DECEMBER 2013)
This was originally an old thread that got merged by accident. Some of the information in earlier posts is now out-of-date. Please take note of the points below:
The site address is now myspleen.org (myspleen.net is an older domain)
You do not need to post your email address in order to get an invite. Any email addresses posted are likely to end up on one or more spam mailing lists.
If you had an account in the past, please don’t request an invite for a new one. Instead, register on the Spleen Forums and request a re-activation. In the Questions/Comments section there is a thread titled “Recovering Your Account on the Tracker”.
Please be patient. Invites are given out by one, maybe two, kind-hearted members - be prepared to wait if they are not around.
Ignore anything TV’s Frink and/or Jetrell Fo post. The admin here discussed the one-post wonders who we never see again, and we aren’t that bothered. Maybe the MySpleen invite gets you to join up here, but after you’ve downloaded a few projects, we hope you’ll come back and post some feedback. You might even become a future fan editor.
Invite links must only be shared privately - Myspleen admin will disable accounts of anyone who posts invites publicly!
If you successfully gain membership of MySpleen, please edit your original request to say so, so that prospective inviters do not message you with another invite. In using the site, you are expected to follow these guidelines (originally posted by walkingdork, Admin at MySpleen)
- Anything you download should really be seeded until you have at least a ratio of 1.0+ for that torrent OR you have been seeding it for at least 72 hours. That’s the minimum effort required to be an acceptable member.
- Don’t delete your account unless you are sure you are never going use it again. Deleting your account and requesting a new invite later is ratio evasion and frowned upon in the torrent community. There’s no reason for it and I’ve turned down several requests for a second account.
- Keep a good overall ratio or at least keep torrents seeded. I and other staff are less worried about your ratio when we can see that you are at least attempting to fix it. Don’t be afraid to download a torrent that may hurt you ratio, just be willing to seed it so others can have access to it as well.
Tips to get your ratio up:
- Seed. Keeping your torrents seeded is the easiest and most obvious way to bring up your ratio. If no one is downloading from you because the torrent is old or unpopular just wait, someone will download it eventually.
-Take advantage of freeleech. Freeleech is when downloading will not count against your ratio (but upload still will). Myspleen has freeleech quite often. We have freeleech for holidays, special events, and sometimes just for the fun of it.
-Take advantage of torrents that have stars or clock icons. Starred torrents are freeleech for as long as they are starred (usually forever) and new torrents with stop watch icons are freeleech for the first week.
-Take advantage of Upload Multipliers. Each torrent has an Upload Multiplier which gives bonus upload depending on how old the torrent is (some of the oldest torrents have multipliers above 12x). The multiplier number is multiplied by the amount of upload and added to your stats.
So 5GB uploaded on a torrent with a upload multiplier of 2 will give you 10GB towards your ratio.
- Check out the Home page from time to time for news and updates. Sometimes we have contests for prizes and I’ll soon be putting up some opportunities for upload prizes.
ORIGINAL POST BY Doc1980 (AUGUST 2007)
If any of you fine people would like to PM me an invite to MySpleen.net I’d really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.