natedeug’s The Last Jedi Polished Edition
I found The Last Jedi to be a pleasant surprise. It managed to be its own movie, shucking expectations in favor of actually telling a new story while still maintaining the feeling of the originals. The problems I had with it were minor, and now that we have access to the deleted scenes, I decided to see what my personal perfect cut of the movie would look like.
I used Pilusmagnus’s Extended Edition (available over in the FanEdit.org forums) as a base, which included the following additional deleted scenes:
• Luke mourns Han, and Leia feels his pain through the Force. A shot of Leia from later in the film is used for this.
• Poe gives Finn his jacket back and boasts about saving the entire fleet before being slapped by Leia
• BB8 shows Finn a recording of Rey, prompting him to desert the ship and find her
• Additional shots of the Caretakers being angry at Rey
• New Caretaker village sequence
• New infiltration sequence aboard the Supremacy with Ralph Ineson and Tom Hardy cameos
From these additions, I was able to make the following cuts:
• Cut the Poe/Hux exchange at the beginning
• Cut the second doughy eyed porg when Chewie sits down for a meal
• Cut BB-8 spinning around to get Finn’s attention before showing him the recording of Rey
• Cut a bit of Maz’s communication, no more gun stroking and fawning over the codebreaker
• Cut casino character using BB-8 as a slot machine
• Cut BB-8 being tossed out of casino
• Cut BB-8 using coins as bullets
• Cut a few shots of the fathier escape, trimming the time we spend with them in the casino and on the streets
• Cut Rey asking if Ben can put on a cowl or something
• Cut clothes iron “landing scene”, now cuts from mutiny to deleted infiltration scene
• Cut exchange between Stormtrooper and Finn in the elevator
• Holdo says “May the force be with you, always” without the cute back and forth
• Cut Rose taking way too long to duck behind cover
• Cut BB-8 controlled AT-ST running through wreckage
• Cut Finn saying “Oh, they hate that ship!”
• Cut second shot of porg yelling in Millennium Falcon when running through Crait’s caves
• Cut Ben giving order to open fire on speeders and Hux’s overenthusiastic echo
• Cut Luke’s dirt-off-your-shoulder moment
• Movie ends on Falcon in hyperspace
• Moved children telling the legend of Luke Skywalker to after the credits
My edit is not HD; my little laptop can only handle so much. Instead, this edit suits my needs and is of a fair quality. I’m more interested in getting these ideas out there to the community. Perhaps someone else will pick up on the little things I’ve done.
DVD5 & DVD9 iso’s now available.