Sign In

Ready For Release: The Legend of Billie Jean

Replies
32
Author
Time
Okay, this is my FIRST EVER HDTV transfer and for my first, it's not THAT bad but nowhere near what DJ does. It's something that I have longed to have in widescreen on DVD for a VERY long time and from the looks of it, it's not getting an official release anytime soon, so this is something for the time being, or at least until someone else does an even better transfer than this. I will also be doing The Incredible Shrinking Woman next week, so keep an eye out for that. But here is what this looks like, screenshots from Cyberlink PowerDVD and menu shots from the menu I created.

http://www.photodump.com/direct/tboy26/lobj-menu.jpg
http://www.photodump.com/direct/tboy26/lobj-special.jpg
http://www.photodump.com/direct/tboy26/lobj-screen03.jpg
http://www.photodump.com/direct/tboy26/lobj-screen04.jpg
http://www.photodump.com/direct/tboy26/lobj-screen15.jpg
http://www.photodump.com/direct/tboy26/lobj-screen16.jpg
http://www.photodump.com/direct/tboy26/lobj-screen08.jpg

The Main Menu features Pat Benatar's Invincible song as background audio and on the special features page there is Divinyls Boy's In Town for background audio. The special features is just Pat Benatar's music video for Invincible taken straight from her Choice Cuts DVD, so it's perfect quality. This will be available in dual layer and single layer format. Will have more information coming soon, but would like some feedback on my first disc, but please don't be too harsh! LOL
Author
Time
This is awesome news.
There's good in the Original Trilogy, and it's worth fighting for.
"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."
http://www.myspace.com/harlock415
Author
Time
Just curious what software did you use to convert this from hd .ts files to dvd?
Author
Time
Well, there was no hard drive files involved. I have a stupid ass Scientific Atlanta HD DVR from TWC that SUCKS ass because, from what I've read, if u try to hook it into your computer, it can't be read and asks to be formatted. I have not tried this myself because I can't find one successful story of it having been done. I used my DVD recorder using the Componant inputs.
Author
Time
Originally posted by: tboy27
Well, there was no hard drive files involved. I have a stupid ass Scientific Atlanta HD DVR from TWC that SUCKS ass because, from what I've read, if u try to hook it into your computer, it can't be read and asks to be formatted. I have not tried this myself because I can't find one successful story of it having been done. I used my DVD recorder using the Componant inputs.


Then I won't scrap my project then since I used the .ts files and converted them using Super Converter. I really like your menu setup though. I was just in the beginning process of laying out a menu.


Author
Time
are the HD .ts files still available for this movie?
how will this be distributed?
DJ
Author
Time
Zeromancer, would you like to collaborate on this project? Seeing as how you can bring a cleaner transfer to the table and I am very good with menus and special features, I think we could make one hell of a DVD here. After I had already made this file, I found a photo gallery from the movie on another site that would also make a great addition to the special features, not to mention a page where you can listen to several songs from the soundtrack. I've also designed a DVD cover for R1DB a long time ago but can update it now that I've found more photos from the movie.

As for the conversion process, I've heard a lot of good things about HDTV2toMPEG2 (http://www.midwinter.com/~bcooley/). Apparantly it can make a playable, burnable output file in minutes. Let me know what you think of this idea and I can get started on more special features for the DVD.

PS, you might want to add some color saturation to the movie. It was highly uncolorful when it was broadcast on HDTV and can use a little boost in color.
Author
Time
Originally posted by: dark_jedi
are the HD .ts files still available for this movie?
how will this be distributed?
DJ

the ht ts file are up on usenet alt.binaries.hdtv

Author
Time
Originally posted by: tboy27
Zeromancer, would you like to collaborate on this project? Seeing as how you can bring a cleaner transfer to the table and I am very good with menus and special features, I think we could make one hell of a DVD here. After I had already made this file, I found a photo gallery from the movie on another site that would also make a great addition to the special features, not to mention a page where you can listen to several songs from the soundtrack. I've also designed a DVD cover for R1DB a long time ago but can update it now that I've found more photos from the movie.

As for the conversion process, I've heard a lot of good things about HDTV2toMPEG2 (http://www.midwinter.com/~bcooley/). Apparantly it can make a playable, burnable output file in minutes. Let me know what you think of this idea and I can get started on more special features for the DVD.

PS, you might want to add some color saturation to the movie. It was highly uncolorful when it was broadcast on HDTV and can use a little boost in color.

Yes I would love to do a collaboration.
I've also used HDTV2DVD program which works good. I find that Super Converter gives me much more options though.


Author
Time
Zeromancer
I would really like to see this and your Creeps version,will you be posting them?
DJ
Author
Time
Okay, we are in business. I have the original .ts files and have created a single .vob file from those which in turn DVD2AVI created a .d2v file that TMPGEnc can recognize to covert to standard Dual Layer DVD format at 8000kbps video and 384kbps audio. It's converting as I type this and will be finished in 11 hours, and I've got a fast computer so that's a bit longer than I expected. I've also added color saturation and audio amplification. Looks 100 times better than my previous recording. I'm excited about this!
Author
Time
Originally posted by: tboy27
Okay, we are in business. I have the original .ts files and have created a single .vob file from those which in turn DVD2AVI created a .d2v file that TMPGEnc can recognize to covert to standard Dual Layer DVD format at 8000kbps video and 384kbps audio. It's converting as I type this and will be finished in 11 hours, and I've got a fast computer so that's a bit longer than I expected. I've also added color saturation and audio amplification. Looks 100 times better than my previous recording. I'm excited about this!

Awesome. Yeah using the original .ts files look alot better than dvd recorder captured video. Can't wait to get this one.
I've already burned off my conversion (with no menu - just video) and watched on my tv and it looks good.
Now all I need is your version with menus.


Author
Time
"I have the original .ts files and have created a single .vob file from those which in turn DVD2AVI created a .d2v file that TMPGEnc can recognize to covert to standard Dual Layer DVD format at 8000kbps video and 384kbps audio"

Intersting,I cant wait to see this,and to see Zeromancers HD to DVD releases,I like to read how you guys do them,and see how they turn out,I do mine different,and encode with CCE,and alot of avisynth stuff here and there.
looking forward to these projects.

DJ
Author
Time
This is a totally exciting project to see unfold. I rented this recently on VHS and it was in a section of the store called 80's Teen Classics. Gotta love Le Video in SF.
There's good in the Original Trilogy, and it's worth fighting for.
"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."
http://www.myspace.com/harlock415
Author
Time
I can't wait to burn this one and watch it!!
Author
Time
OK thanks for telling me where this file is,I now have it to and will encode tonight,I have started processing,dont worry I WONT release it,this is your guys baby,I will just have mine for Cassidy and myself.
thanks again for the heads up
DJ

and it is 16:9 anamorphic widescreen 1.78:1,and Dolby Digital 5.1
Author
Time
Sad news. Unfortunately my conversion turned out to be audio out of sync with the video and I just can't seem to figure out any other way to make this happen. If someone wants to offer up a step by step process, I'd be more than happy, otherwise all I will have is the DVD recorded version to release until Zeromancer gets it out. Preferrably DJ could offer me step by step process to get it right. Lemme know so we can get this out there already! LOL
Author
Time
Originally posted by: tboy27
Sad news. Unfortunately my conversion turned out to be audio out of sync with the video and I just can't seem to figure out any other way to make this happen. If someone wants to offer up a step by step process, I'd be more than happy, otherwise all I will have is the DVD recorded version to release until Zeromancer gets it out. Preferrably DJ could offer me step by step process to get it right. Lemme know so we can get this out there already! LOL

I could snail mail you my conversion of just the movie and you could use it to put together a menu. I'm still a newbie starting out at making menu's and getting them to work.


Author
Time
Throw it in TMPGEnc DVD Author
Just about as easy as it gets really.
If tboy27 uses that software, he can dummy the DVD but save the template he has made, then send that to you and you can throw that file in Program Files\Pegasys Inc\TSUNAMI-MPEG DVD Author PRO\Template folder.
Start up TDA and load the DVD folder you have then when you select a menu, select the one you just put into the Program files folder and your done.
You just have to let each other know what th structure will be like how many chapters, and if there will be other video files added.
Could be a lot easier than snail mail and all that.

This is of course if both of you use TDA
Author
Time
Originally posted by: Insanity
Throw it in TMPGEnc DVD Author
Just about as easy as it gets really.
If tboy27 uses that software, he can dummy the DVD but save the template he has made, then send that to you and you can throw that file in Program Files\Pegasys Inc\TSUNAMI-MPEG DVD Author PRO\Template folder.
Start up TDA and load the DVD folder you have then when you select a menu, select the one you just put into the Program files folder and your done.
You just have to let each other know what th structure will be like how many chapters, and if there will be other video files added.
Could be a lot easier than snail mail and all that.

This is of course if both of you use TDA

I'm using DVDlab Pro

To the top