I don't currently have a computer, but I can make copies of the DVD at the local library if anyone would still like a copy of disc one.
I swear I will make the extras disc, just don't have a computer right now. I should have most of the footage backed up however.
Here is a "script" I made using the English-dub subtitles which I also made. The script was done in WordPad and is an rtf file:
As some of you may know, the US and Japanese versions of this movie on DVD only have the languages from their respective countries on them. The old US "unrated" DVD, VHS and Laserdisc is actually not really uncut, and has no special features, menus or anything at all. There's also a PG-13 cut on VHS (and the Xbox/ PS2 SF Collection). A DVD was later released by Anchor Bay in the US, dubbed "Uncut, Uncensored, Unleashed". While that may be true of the Japanese side of this two-sided DVD, the English side is simply the UK edition, which is the same as the US version, with the exception of one shot, which I will go into detail more about below. Everyone probably knows about the shower scene, but here is a list of all of the cuts in the "unrated" USA/ UK edition, as posted in a review of the disc at animeworld.com:
* About 20 minutes in, at the very end of the section with Fei Long, about 12 seconds are cut from the part where they silently part ways, mostly from a long shot of Ryu walking away in silence.
* A one-second fade-out of Ken driving away after the encounter with T.Hawk is cut. This fade-out is actually cut even on the Japanese side of the new DVD. The fade-out apparantly, is only on the versions actually released in Japan.
* Later, in Calcutta, about 8 seconds are cut from the scene where the kid spills the milk--bits and pieces throughout to speed up the scene slightly. At the end of the same scene another 6 seconds are cut from the end of the shot where Ryu walks away.
* In the infamous lead-up to the Chun Li fight, about 25 seconds are cut; most of the edits are pans of buildings, but there is one long pan of Chun Li's exposed backside in the shower removed as well as part of a pan away from the closed shower door. The Unrated US version also cut one more shot of Chun Li's chest. NOTE: The breast shot happens in a different place in the UK cut than it does in the Japanese. The UK and US shower scenes are the EXACT SAME LENGTH, despite having breasts showing in UK, but not in US. I think what they did was replace a shot from the English edit with Chun-Li's breasts. That way, the scenes would be the same length and they wouldn't need to create more audio for this scene.
* Around an hour into the film, there is a total of 13 seconds cut from the build-up to the villain's jet running Ken's car off the road; the edits are all shots of the lights in the sky and Ken driving in silence.
* When the head villain is finished telling off Sagat, a shot of the boxer following his boss out of the room and a long shot of Sagat left standing alone are removed for a total of 10 seconds.
* Finally, in the establishing shot of the mountains in Thailand immediately following that scene, the shot starts a little later, making the total pan 4 seconds shorter overall.
The total of these minor edits is 75 seconds or so of runtime. The Japanese credit crawl is additionally a minute and 45 seconds longer, for a total difference of about 3 minutes of runtime.
There are also two audio edits in the American version. Dee Jay and Guile at one point both say the f-word, for some reason only in the UK version of the movie. This audio, as well as all of the above scenes have been restored into my super awesome DVD.
Karyuudo Fansubs did an awesome job creating a fansubbed version of the Japanese R2 release. I contacted Karyuudo for permission to use that fansub as the basis of my edit.
What I have created is a single layer disc. Special features disc still TBA. It's the fully, totally uncut movie in non-animorphic widescreen, taken from the R2 Japan release. It contains the original Japanese dub, and the English dub, extended where necessary to fit the longer Japanese video. I also created a hybrid dub, which uses the Japanese voices, but English version music. There are also 5 variations of subtitles: Of course Karyuudo's translated Japanese subs (in two variations- one of which has the names for Vega, Bison and Balrog switched around to the US version names), English version dub-titles that I painstakingly created myself, and a version of the Japanese subtitles called "Without Song Lyrics" that does not include subs for the Japanese songs (made for the hybrid dub). I did some slight modifications to Karyuudo's subtitles, correcting typos and things like that. There is also a "forced" subtitle option which mimics the ones on the official English releases, for the locations only (London, Northern Seattle, etc). I fixed the "Interpole" and "Washington Lake" captions to "Interpol" and "Lake Washington" as they should be. This subtitle option is used when the "USA" option is chosen on the main menu, and stays on even if "off" is chosen on the subtitle menu.
The hybrid audio track contains the Japanese voices and MOST of the music replaced with the English version music. Some of the English voices ("Kick his ass!", "Your drink, sir.") and move calling ("Spinning Bird Kick!") remain, since it was difficult to remove them over the English music. For the same reason, Vega (the claw guy)'s voice is also in English. I think these can be overlooked as American characters saying these things, or they were English words anyway. Vega can be considered so vain that he chooses to speak in English because it's "sexier" than Japanese. Whatever..
Here are some screenshots:
With Japanese-translated subs on:
My English-dub version (if you choose English dub subtitles or locations only):
For comparison, the official English release version (not on this disc):
A second DVD will be created that contains as many special features as I can find. This should include all of the SFII intros and endings from the PS2 or Xbox SF Collector's Edition, as well as the verision of this movie on there (PG13 full screen). All three versions of the shower scene (Japan, US, UK) and the promo tapes about the Sega Genesis and SNES games, the scene from the Jackie Chan movie City Hunter where they go into a SF2 video game, and all of the extras from the US and Japanese official DVDs.
Here's some more screenshots of the subtitles:
Japanese subtitles version 1:
Japanese subtitles version 2:
Japanese subtitles version 3 (no songs):
This post has been edited.