Sign In

What is your Star Wars?

Replies
62
Author
Time

No, I not talking about single phrase answers, like “Original Trilogy”.
I mean the sights and sounds that made your Star Wars.
For me it’s blue/magenta color correction, slightly pixilated subtitles, Victory Celebration, the wait and anticipation for the next episode of Clone Wares. A deep hatred for Disney, the steady realization The Force Awakens was crap, and my discovery of Heir to the Empire…
Yeah, what is your Star Wars?

This post has been edited.

THE LUCASFILM/DISNEY STAR WARS DICTIONARY
Character: a vessel by which an ulterior motive is expressed, including social trends, one-liners, or cliché wisdom.
Derivations of Original Trilogy characters are necessary until told otherwise.
Expanded Universe: lol wat
Nostalgia: originaltrilogyoriginaltrilogyoriginaltrilogyoriginaltrilogyoriginaltrilogyoriginaltrilogy
Story: any element of a movie that can be adapted, in part or whole, from the Original Trilogy; See also: nostalgia.

Author
Time

OW!

Sorry, got cut by the edge.

born to die
world is a ****
鬼神 kill em all 1989
i am trash man
410,757,864,530 dead cups

Author
Time

I was really hoping you people would be a bit more. Mature.

THE LUCASFILM/DISNEY STAR WARS DICTIONARY
Character: a vessel by which an ulterior motive is expressed, including social trends, one-liners, or cliché wisdom.
Derivations of Original Trilogy characters are necessary until told otherwise.
Expanded Universe: lol wat
Nostalgia: originaltrilogyoriginaltrilogyoriginaltrilogyoriginaltrilogyoriginaltrilogyoriginaltrilogy
Story: any element of a movie that can be adapted, in part or whole, from the Original Trilogy; See also: nostalgia.

Author
Time

Jesta’ said:

I was really hoping you people would be a bit more. Mature.

I was really hoping you wouldn’t be here.

Author
Time

I seem not to understand something. How am I a troll? (Someones having a laugh here and it isn’t me)

This post has been edited.

THE LUCASFILM/DISNEY STAR WARS DICTIONARY
Character: a vessel by which an ulterior motive is expressed, including social trends, one-liners, or cliché wisdom.
Derivations of Original Trilogy characters are necessary until told otherwise.
Expanded Universe: lol wat
Nostalgia: originaltrilogyoriginaltrilogyoriginaltrilogyoriginaltrilogyoriginaltrilogyoriginaltrilogy
Story: any element of a movie that can be adapted, in part or whole, from the Original Trilogy; See also: nostalgia.

Author
Time

Jesta’ said:

How am I a troll?

Jesta’ said:

No, I not talking about single phrase answers, like “Original Trilogy”.
I mean the sights and sounds that made your Star Wars.
For me it’s blue/magenta color correction, slightly pixilated subtitles, Victory Celebration, the wait and anticipation for the next episode of Clone Wares. A deep hatred for Disney, the steady realization The Force Awakens was crap, and my discovery of Heir to the Empire…

Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here; this is the war room!

Author
Time

^Don’t forget the signature.

born to die
world is a ****
鬼神 kill em all 1989
i am trash man
410,757,864,530 dead cups

Author
Time

CHEWBAKAspelledwrong said:

Jesta’ said:

How am I a troll?

Jesta’ said:

No, I not talking about single phrase answers, like “Original Trilogy”.
I mean the sights and sounds that made your Star Wars.
For me it’s blue/magenta color correction, slightly pixilated subtitles, Victory Celebration, the wait and anticipation for the next episode of Clone Wares. A deep hatred for Disney, the steady realization The Force Awakens was crap, and my discovery of Heir to the Empire…

I grew up on the 2004 DvD’s. I don’t understand how that makes me a troll.

THE LUCASFILM/DISNEY STAR WARS DICTIONARY
Character: a vessel by which an ulterior motive is expressed, including social trends, one-liners, or cliché wisdom.
Derivations of Original Trilogy characters are necessary until told otherwise.
Expanded Universe: lol wat
Nostalgia: originaltrilogyoriginaltrilogyoriginaltrilogyoriginaltrilogyoriginaltrilogyoriginaltrilogy
Story: any element of a movie that can be adapted, in part or whole, from the Original Trilogy; See also: nostalgia.

Author
Time

suspiciouscoffee said:

^Don’t forget the signature.

The signature isn’t true?

THE LUCASFILM/DISNEY STAR WARS DICTIONARY
Character: a vessel by which an ulterior motive is expressed, including social trends, one-liners, or cliché wisdom.
Derivations of Original Trilogy characters are necessary until told otherwise.
Expanded Universe: lol wat
Nostalgia: originaltrilogyoriginaltrilogyoriginaltrilogyoriginaltrilogyoriginaltrilogyoriginaltrilogy
Story: any element of a movie that can be adapted, in part or whole, from the Original Trilogy; See also: nostalgia.

Author
Time

Jesta’ said:

CHEWBAKAspelledwrong said:

Jesta’ said:

How am I a troll?

Jesta’ said:

No, I not talking about single phrase answers, like “Original Trilogy”.
I mean the sights and sounds that made your Star Wars.
For me it’s blue/magenta color correction, slightly pixilated subtitles, Victory Celebration, the wait and anticipation for the next episode of Clone Wares. A deep hatred for Disney, the steady realization The Force Awakens was crap, and my discovery of Heir to the Empire…

I grew up on the 2004 DvD’s. I don’t understand how that makes me a troll.

So did I. It doesn’t. Your posts do.

Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here; this is the war room!

Author
Time

Jesta’ said:

suspiciouscoffee said:

^Don’t forget the signature.

The signature isn’t true?

Expanded Universe: lol wat

They added Grand Admiral Thrawn to a television series, and are also releasing a new book by the original author of Heir to the Empire, a book you seem to like.

Nostalgia: originaltrilogyoriginaltrilogyoriginaltrilogyoriginaltrilogyoriginaltrilogyoriginaltrilogy

Maybe because most paying, adult moviegoers remember it the most and have the most nostalgia for it?

Prequel Trilogy: lol wat

Clone Army, the Sith, and Balence in the Force were mentioned in TFA, which is 50 years after the prequels. Pretty good considering how forgetful people seem to be of the events of the PT in the OT (like how no one remembers the Jedi that were spread across the galaxy by the thousands).
Mustafar was in Rogue One, along with Bail Organa, Coruscant, Turbo Tanks, and probably more Prequel references that I didn’t notice.

Worldbuilding: lol wat

New planets, a non-planet outpost in Rogue One (something I believe has not been seen before in a SW movie), Lor San Tekka’s Church of the Force, the Guardians of the Whills, an extremist rebel sect against the main Rebellion, worlds seem pretty well built to me.

This post has been edited.

born to die
world is a ****
鬼神 kill em all 1989
i am trash man
410,757,864,530 dead cups

Author
Time

So did I. It doesn’t. Your posts do.

Sigh. I think what your getting at is that, I’m trying to provoke you into some sort of discourse.
No. I’m wondering what makes Star Wars special for you. Maybe the smell of popcorn from the theater you went to first see it in. The version you first saw. Maybe the order you saw them. I don’t know. Just the small details that make you nostalgic.

THE LUCASFILM/DISNEY STAR WARS DICTIONARY
Character: a vessel by which an ulterior motive is expressed, including social trends, one-liners, or cliché wisdom.
Derivations of Original Trilogy characters are necessary until told otherwise.
Expanded Universe: lol wat
Nostalgia: originaltrilogyoriginaltrilogyoriginaltrilogyoriginaltrilogyoriginaltrilogyoriginaltrilogy
Story: any element of a movie that can be adapted, in part or whole, from the Original Trilogy; See also: nostalgia.

Author
Time

My Star Wars is an orange/green color palette, the crispest 1080p subtitles you’ve ever seen, Yub Nub, ambivalence towards TCW. An unconditional love for Disney and everything they do, the realization that TFA is not only better than the Prequels, but better than the OT, and my discovery of breasts.

This post has been edited.

time damaging my ties

Author
Time

Jeebus said:

My Star Wars is an orange/green color palette, the crispest 1080p subtitles you’ve ever seen, Yub Nub, ambivalence towards TCW. An unconditional love for Disney and everything they do, the realization that TFA is not only better than the Prequels, but better than the OT, and my discovery of breasts.

Now that’s a bit better. Sure it’s trying to mock what I was going for, but it’s more what I intended.

This post has been edited.

THE LUCASFILM/DISNEY STAR WARS DICTIONARY
Character: a vessel by which an ulterior motive is expressed, including social trends, one-liners, or cliché wisdom.
Derivations of Original Trilogy characters are necessary until told otherwise.
Expanded Universe: lol wat
Nostalgia: originaltrilogyoriginaltrilogyoriginaltrilogyoriginaltrilogyoriginaltrilogyoriginaltrilogy
Story: any element of a movie that can be adapted, in part or whole, from the Original Trilogy; See also: nostalgia.

Author
Time

Jeebus said:

My Star Wars is an orange/green color palette, the crispest 1080p subtitles you’ve ever seen, Yub Nub, ambivalence towards TCW. An unconditional love for Disney and everything they do, the realization that TFA is not only better than the Prequels, but better than the OT, and my discovery of breasts.

The pathetic thing is that this post is no better than the troll’s OP.

Author
Time

Alderaan said:

Jeebus said:

My Star Wars is an orange/green color palette, the crispest 1080p subtitles you’ve ever seen, Yub Nub, ambivalence towards TCW. An unconditional love for Disney and everything they do, the realization that TFA is not only better than the Prequels, but better than the OT, and my discovery of breasts.

The pathetic thing is that this post is no better than the troll’s OP.

http://originaltrilogy.com/announcement/Updated-OTcom-Forum-Rules-and-Guidelines-Applies-to-all-forums-including-Off-Topic/id/52717

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

SilverWook said:

Alderaan said:

Jeebus said:

My Star Wars is an orange/green color palette, the crispest 1080p subtitles you’ve ever seen, Yub Nub, ambivalence towards TCW. An unconditional love for Disney and everything they do, the realization that TFA is not only better than the Prequels, but better than the OT, and my discovery of breasts.

The pathetic thing is that this post is no better than the troll’s OP.

http://originaltrilogy.com/announcement/Updated-OTcom-Forum-Rules-and-Guidelines-Applies-to-all-forums-including-Off-Topic/id/52717

What rule did I violate? I clearly criticized his post.

Author
Time

Alderaan said:

SilverWook said:

Alderaan said:

Jeebus said:

My Star Wars is an orange/green color palette, the crispest 1080p subtitles you’ve ever seen, Yub Nub, ambivalence towards TCW. An unconditional love for Disney and everything they do, the realization that TFA is not only better than the Prequels, but better than the OT, and my discovery of breasts.

The pathetic thing is that this post is no better than the troll’s OP.

http://originaltrilogy.com/announcement/Updated-OTcom-Forum-Rules-and-Guidelines-Applies-to-all-forums-including-Off-Topic/id/52717

What rule did I violate? I clearly criticized his post.

General guidelines #2

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

I said his post was pathetic. The rule says to attack the posts, not the user personally.

I guess I could amend my post and say, User-with-the-religious-epithet-as-your-username, your post was inexplicably just as pathetic as the troll’s OP. Respectfully.

Author
Time

You’re not helping the situation.

Where were you in '77?

To the top