logo Sign In

Thread for the conversation that started in the "[fill in the blank] Just Died!" thread

Author
Time

This thread is for the discussion that started in the “[fill in the blank] Just Died!” where Jetrell announced he is leaving off topic. I didn’t create this thread to offend anyone. I just wanted to get the conversation out of that thread.

Author
Time

Thanks for being decent warbler, it is nice of you.

Author
Time

If you feel like it’s what is best for you, then more power to ya, Fo.

I know I gotta step away from the Internet for awhile sometimes. I haven’t been in Politics for months and I’m happier than ever!

Keep Circulating the Tapes.

END OF LINE

(It hasn’t happened yet)

Author
Time

Tyrphanax said:

I know I gotta step away from the Internet for awhile sometimes. I haven’t been in Politics for months and I’m happier than ever!

But you missed a good post by CatBus! And one by dahmage, I think.

Author
Time

TV’s Frink said:

Tyrphanax said:

But you missed a good post by CatBus! And one by dahmage, I think.

Aw darn.

Keep Circulating the Tapes.

END OF LINE

(It hasn’t happened yet)

Author
Time

Don’t worry, another good post will come along in a few weeks if you’re patient.

Author
Time

I’d make a joke that Warb needs to learn when or when not to make a new thread, but he wouldn’t get that joke either because he stays out of threads he doesn’t care about and then imperialscum would call me “elitist” anyway.

Star Wars Revisited Wordpress

Star Wars Visual Comparisons WordPress

Author
Time

we need a ‘thread of requirement’ so that we can find the threads we need, when we need them.

Author
Time

Holy hell. Hahahaha. So is he leaving our not cuz after his post announcing he was leaving (which was so hilariously misinformed I can’t even fathom a response) he seems to still respond to every post.

God. I don’t hate the guy but I really believe he needs help and I wish he would stop with this whole sock conspiracy and quit being the victim martyr for some non-existent cause.

Author
Time

doubleofive said:

I’d make a joke that Warb needs to learn when or when not to make a new thread, but he wouldn’t get that joke either because he stays out of threads he doesn’t care about and then imperialscum would call me “elitist” anyway.

What was wrong with the creation of this thread? I didn’t want the conversation to continue on the “[fill in the black] Just Died” thread. I didn’t know what other thread to direct the conversation into. Also may I remind you that a moderator had already locked that thread once for straying too far and then sternly warned:

SilverWook said:

We are done discussing the matter in this thread.

I sought to avoid trouble.

Author
Time

I don’t understand how someone can be “in the process” of leaving off-topic. This isn’t like withdrawing from Vietnam.

The Person in Question

Author
Time

moviefreakedmind said:

I don’t understand how someone can be “in the process” of leaving off-topic. This isn’t like withdrawing from Vietnam.

Yeah it’s probably more like withdrawing from opium.

Author
Time

I wouldn’t compare off-topic to anything classy like opium. No, it’s more like withdrawing from low-grade meth.

Author
Time

I don’t know what meth you’ve smoked, but even high grade meth gives terrible withdrawals.

Speaking from third-hand experience.

Author
Time

I haven’t smoked any. Everything I know about meth comes from word-of-mouth and Breaking Bad.

Author
Time

moviefreakedmind said:

I’m glad you felt it was a nice thing to say. As a Veteran myself I find this comparison to be in very poor taste. This alone is reason enough for one to consider leaving Frink’s off topic.

Author
Time

Now you’re just considering? I thought you were in the process.