logo Sign In

Thread Pairings

Author
Time

Welcome to the thread for pairing together other threads.

The idea is to pair two threads that do not address the same subject matter, but nonetheless would compliment each other as part of a meal.

(Additional wine pairing optional.)

My stance on revising fan edits.

Author
Time

Care to lead us off with some examples? šŸ˜‰

Author
Time

RicOlie_2 said:

You havenā€™t seen much of me in the past year or so as it is, though I have been lurking every so often recently, but youā€™ll see even less of me in the next year. Iā€™ll be going into the seminary, which includes a year-long media fast at the beginning (i.e. no computer, TV, phone, etc.).

Author
Time
 (Edited)

DuracellEnergizer said:

RicOlie_2 said:

You havenā€™t seen much of me in the past year or so as it is, though I have been lurking every so often recently, but youā€™ll see even less of me in the next year. Iā€™ll be going into the seminary, which includes a year-long media fast at the beginning (i.e. no computer, TV, phone, etc.).

LOLā€¦ The media fast doesnā€™t apply during Christmas break, so Iā€™ll be popping in and out over the next week or two.

EDIT: I guess maybe I should mention somewhere that Iā€™m sort of back for now, but that takes too much effort. šŸ˜‰

Author
Time

RicOlie_2 said:

DuracellEnergizer said:

RicOlie_2 said:

LOLā€¦ The media fast doesnā€™t apply during Christmas break, so Iā€™ll be popping in and out over the next week or two.

EDIT: I guess maybe I should mention somewhere that Iā€™m sort of back for now, but that takes too much effort. šŸ˜‰

Damn I just mailed a bunch of CDs yesterday. I didnā€™t mail you yours because I just figured why bother Iā€™ll just wait till heā€™s back. Youā€™ve got two new albums to catch up on!

Author
Time

Are they both equally vitriolic?

Author
Time

The review one has calmed down somewhat and the fan edit one has been pretty okay, bar some overly reactionary and a few completely implausible edit suggestions.

Author
Time

Possessed said:

RicOlie_2 said:

DuracellEnergizer said:

RicOlie_2 said:

Damn I just mailed a bunch of CDs yesterday. I didnā€™t mail you yours because I just figured why bother Iā€™ll just wait till heā€™s back. Youā€™ve got two new albums to catch up on!

Ah, shucks, but no worries. And two albums alreadyā€¦ Iā€™m looking forward to hearing them, whenver that will be!

Author
Time

Thereā€™s the Index thread which is kind of the same thing.