Sign In

THE FORCE AWAKENS (Episode VII) Discussion *SPOILER THREAD* See OP For Trailer/Teaser Links--Trailer is out! — Page 4

Author
Time

Ryan McAvoy said:

Phreeow! Ford Prefect is gonna be in a Star Wars movie! ;-)

 Pretty sure his name would be SoroSuub X-34 in that galaxy

Author
Time

Ryan McAvoy said:

Phreeow! Ford Prefect is gonna be in a Star Wars movie! ;-)

 That greatly depends on your point of view. ;)

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

oh and I translated this...

"WARNING"

"291071"

(Yes I'm that sad)

Not sure what the symbol is

_VIZ TOP TIPS! - _MCDONALD’S. Make your brown carrier bags green in colour so they blend in with the countryside after they’ve been thrown out of car windows.

Author
Time

I wonder where the inevitable THX 1138 reference will hidden?

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

timdiggerm said:

Tyrphanax said:

Okay. Stepping back a bit and being more objective...

The costume design (and the podracer bits) is a bit Prequel-y, I must admit. Just doing some comparisons with Tobar and there's a definite difference between OT and ST that leans more to the PT.

No matter what, this is a movie being designed by people in 2014, not 1987

 So a film shot today that's set in the 1930's should have everyone wearing t-shirts and jeans?

This post has been edited.

Help back DEEP SIX!

Author
Time

Tyrphanax said:

Okay. Stepping back a bit and being more objective...

The costume design (and the podracer bits) is a bit Prequel-y, I must admit. Just doing some comparisons with Tobar and there's a definite difference between OT and ST that leans more to the PT.

 I see a lot of robes, a couple funny hats. Admittedly I could go with some late 70s sideburns, but I just don't see Prequaly. 

Author
Time

Ryan McAvoy said:

Phreeow! Ford Prefect isn't gonna be in a Star Wars movie! ;-(

^fixed?

When the student is ready, the Master speaks?

Author
Time

TheBoost said:

 I see a lot of robes, a couple funny hats. Admittedly I could go with some late 70s sideburns, but I just don't see Prequaly. 

 

Meanwhile on Tatooine....

Help back DEEP SIX!

Author
Time

I'm still reluctant to call this Tatooine. There could be other arid planets where Vaporators are in use. When a photo of a Jawa or a Tusken Raider pops up, I'll gladly eat my words.

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

Three random thoughts (assuming this is Tatooine):

Interesting parallel since the first set photo from Episode 1 was also from Tatooine.  I also find it interesting that none of the main stars appear to be in any of these pictures.  Perhaps they weren't there on the day of filming, or perhaps these weren't leaked by accident?

Even though I'm pretty positive about the movie, everybody praising the heavens because this looks less CG might want to keep in mind that Tatooine was basically practical in the prequels as well.  That being said, I'm 99.9% sure these movies are going to be more enjoyable than the prequels.

I'm also wondering about Abrams use of a giant pig puppet, considering he's always gone with CG creatures before.  I'm thinking this is a direct response to the overuse of CG in the prequels.

This post has been edited.

Author
Time

The pig might also be something an actor rides on?

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

DuracellEnergizer said:

Ryan McAvoy said:

oh and I translated this...

"WARNING"

"291071"

(Yes I'm that sad)

Not sure what the symbol is

Maybe it's the Star Wars equivalent of the radiation/biohazard symbol. 

Sarlacc pit in there maybe?

Keep Circulating the Tapes.

END OF LINE

Author
Time

Tyrphanax said:

DuracellEnergizer said:

Ryan McAvoy said:

oh and I translated this...

"WARNING"

"291071"

(Yes I'm that sad)

Not sure what the symbol is

Maybe it's the Star Wars equivalent of the radiation/biohazard symbol. 

Sarlacc pit in there maybe?

Well whatever that warning is about, it makes you wonder what all the other 291070 warnings (at least) are about too!! :O :P

Serious note: Very interesting pics lately. I like what I see and I'm anxious to see more, but not too much! Btw I doubt anyone's getting fired for making these pics available online.. I'm quite sure it was intentional to tease us with these - It's how JJ roles ;)

Author
Time

Tobar said:

TheBoost said:

 I see a lot of robes, a couple funny hats. Admittedly I could go with some late 70s sideburns, but I just don't see Prequaly. 

 

Meanwhile on Tatooine....

 Great example,....only thing I can think that could explain is the Star Wars (A new Hope) images show interplanetary pilots etc,.....Mos Eisley Spaceport..

The others could be natives......Beru?......well she's a posh housewife,....not riffraff like the others

J

This post has been edited.

Author
Time

Beru's collar looks very 70s Tatooine. :-)  Maybe those went out of style after 30+ years?

Author
Time

unamochilla2 said:

Beru's collar looks very 70s Tatooine. :-)  Maybe those went out of style after 30+ years?

I thought that, too, but it falls apart when the new stuff looks like styles that were 20+ years old in 1970s Tatooine.

Keep Circulating the Tapes.

END OF LINE

Author
Time

Bingowings said:

Ryan McAvoy said:

 

Phreeow! Ford Prefect is gonna be in a Star Wars movie! ;-(

^fixed?

 Wait what? That car that crashed into the Executor was a Ford Prefect ;-)

This post has been edited.

_VIZ TOP TIPS! - _MCDONALD’S. Make your brown carrier bags green in colour so they blend in with the countryside after they’ve been thrown out of car windows.

Author
Time

I'M LITERALLY DYING OF JOY

Keep Circulating the Tapes.

END OF LINE

Author
Time

Originally I was excited about the Rebels show. As time went on I got less and less excited and now I don't care about it at all. Originally I didn't care about Episode 7, but as time goes on I get more and more excited

To the top