Sign In

Star Wars: Heir to the Force (TFA edit) Released — Page 4

Author
Time

bromeo said:

Neverar and/or Ridley: do you guys have any plans to use DigMod’s (imo perfect) Rathtar scene in your edits?

I’ve been working on a revised Rathtar scene for a while (along with my edit) that I think is quite similar, but I will of course take a close look at DigMod’s work and see how he did it. 😃

DigMod said:

Does anyone have a nice kylo helmet that would be willing to film it in similar angles, as Sir Ridley suggested, for a v2 of this edit?

I’m working on one with my brother that should work, but it’s not done yet. 😛 The Anovos replica helmet looks good, and of course the $2000 Ultimate Studio Edition helmet looks great. Maybe there’s a helpful fan with one of those who could help out.

Author
Time

I just started watching Heir, with headphones in, and I immediately notice that the Fox Fanfare is coming entirely out of the right channel; and the theme during the title crawl feels a bit off with more instruments (especially the melody) coming out of the right channel than the left. I feel like at least the main melody should be coming from both channels.

As soon as the crawl ends, the direction of the sound noticeably shifts to the center and the sound during the movie is fine.

This post has been edited.

Harmy said:
It’s like it’s quite possible that Picasso would have loved to use Photoshop for some of his paintings if it was available back then, but if you take a picture from Picasso and recreate it in Photoshop, it’s not going to be the same picture and it can hardly be used to demonstrate Picasso’s brush techniques.

Author
Time

What source? I’m watching the spleen version.

JEDIT: Okay, wait. I did run it through Handbrake on the “Roku 1080p” preset before adding it to Plex. Said preset creates two tracks. The second “AAC 5.1” track sounds fine, but the first “AAC Stereo” is the one that sounds off. Not sure why that is.

This post has been edited.

Harmy said:
It’s like it’s quite possible that Picasso would have loved to use Photoshop for some of his paintings if it was available back then, but if you take a picture from Picasso and recreate it in Photoshop, it’s not going to be the same picture and it can hardly be used to demonstrate Picasso’s brush techniques.

Author
Time

Well, nevermind. Apparently when I ran it through Handbrake, it converted the audio to Prologic II. The source audio sounds fine.

I’m not sure why it goofs up just the fanfare and the title music, though.

Harmy said:
It’s like it’s quite possible that Picasso would have loved to use Photoshop for some of his paintings if it was available back then, but if you take a picture from Picasso and recreate it in Photoshop, it’s not going to be the same picture and it can hardly be used to demonstrate Picasso’s brush techniques.

Author
Time

chyron8472 said:

Well, nevermind. Apparently when I ran it through Handbrake, it converted the audio to Prologic II. The source audio sounds fine.

I don’t see why that would make it sound weird though, almost any stereo source for a movie you’ll find, and any official source for a star wars movie that is 2.0, is going to be matrix surround compatible. I mean that would mean the 93 laserdisc mix would have sounded weird if played in stereo.

Given that it into happens at those moments is a pretty strong indicator that it isn’t related to the pro logic encoding… I’ve downmixed a ton of 5.1 sources to pl2 2.0 using handbrake and they all sound fine in stereo.

However I have had downmixed done with avidemux have that issue. Maybe you’re using an outdated version of handbrake that has a different script for it?

This post has been edited.

Chickens have personalities.

Author
Time

DigMod said:

NeverarGreat said:

Minor note: It might be helpful if the thread title was changed to ‘TFA: Heir to the Force (Released)’.

That would be nice. Would an admin or mod be able to make this change? I’m not sure who to ask here.

You should be able to do this by clicking on the ‘Edit’ button on your first post - and you’ll see a ‘Topic Title’ box that you can then edit.

If not, let me know what you’d like to rename the thread and I’ll do it for you mate.

This post has been edited.

Justice For The 96 hillsborough.independent.gov.uk/

Author
Time

oojason said:

You should be able to do this by clicking on the ‘Edit’ button on your first post - and you’ll see a ‘Topic Title’ box that you can then edit.

If not, let me know what you’d like to rename the thread and I’ll do it for you mate.

digmodification.wordpress.com

Author
Time

I prefer this poster to the official one. It seems much more in line with those of the rest of the saga.

I don’t feel like reading your whole changelist, so could you give me a brief overview of the major changes?

Author
Time

Anakin Starkiller said:

Well it is over 50 changes, many of which are probably minor.

And all of which would take you less time to read than it would him to re explain it just for you.

Chickens have personalities.

Author
Time

I just wanted to know if there were any big changes that drastically affected the whole narrative, but okay then.

Author
Time

DigMod said:

It is stated in the opening few paragraphs.

There are major changes. Kylo Ren does not show his face until the final act.

I’ve always felt that was a mistake that he removed his mask during interrogation. It was unnecessary. It took away from the scene with Han at the end. That would have had MUCH more of an impact since you get his real name, know it’s his son and Now see his son’s face.

Author
Time

jarbear said:

I’ve always felt that was a mistake that he removed his mask during interrogation. It was unnecessary. It took away from the scene with Han at the end. That would have had MUCH more of an impact since you get his real name, know it’s his son and Now see his son’s face.

I was ok with the “rhyming” plot, but the reveal is what ruined the movie for me initially. JJ is great, but he tends to reveal things way to early. Perhaps this is a product of making TV shows for so many years?

digmodification.wordpress.com

Author
Time

They revealed his lineage early on because they knew it was obvious. If they had kept building it up, it could’ve been disappointing.

To the top