I am going to undertake a project to combine both Ewok films’ and ROTJ’s footage into one grindhouse style movie. I think it would just suck any other way. The loose story being that the marauders are bounty hunters working for the empire, with the battle footage from ROTJ as the climax. The galaxy is coming to their world for the first time, beginning with the ship crash that leads to the bounty hunters looking for survivors because they have “something” or are important for X reason. Anyone care to help flesh out a plot and/or suggest footage?
After Going through all of my cut footage. I think I have a more cohesive flow. It makes more sense and I can use the ROTJ footage better if I have the Marauders living on the planet and they are contacted by the empire to find the missing girl. Also no Noah and his stupid speedy thing. I am using after effects to add gore, and creating a crawl to explain the shitty back story. As of right now this is how I think it will go.
- Cindle crashes on Endor. Her father will be edited as to be her body guard escort.
- The king marauder gets a message to track down the girl (the scene with the paper in his hall)
- The scene where the king lets the sorceress out of her cell and she turns into a bird.
- Now she is the bird from the beginning of Battle for Endor and tells the king where the ship is.
- The Marauders find the ship, kill her bodyguard and she runs away.
- she stumbles upon wicket.
- There is a travel montage. Maybe some of the hang-glide stuff cut from both.
- They are being hunted by the beast at night. using footage from the beast chase in caravan and the first carriage escape from battle Endoor
- They sleep in the tree. the Ewoks rescue them and they go to the village in the morning.
- Ewok stuff happens
- Landing of a search party by rebels.
- Mace is captured by the Ewoks while looking in the wreckage of the ship.
- Mace finds Cindle at the Ewok village.
- The Ewok village is raided and cindle and some Ewoks are captured.
- They are imprisoned at the castle.
- The castle is cuts of Jabba’s palace and the castle combined.
- mace and the Ewoks go on a trek to save Cindle , caravan of courage.
- they infiltrate the castle through the tunnel.
- Rancor spliced with, Gorax footage and footage from wicket fighting the dragon thing. There are bones there.
- they kill the rancor and make their way into the castle to rescue Cindle.
- Cindle is rescued. they escape.
- using scenes from the bracelet health thing I am editing it to be more of a communicator/Homing beacon.
- more rebels arrive.
- The marauders all come for the attack.
- the battle is footage from the beginning of battle for Endor, RTOJ, and the end fight from battle for Endor.
- no storm troopers though. edited for rebels & Ewoks vs. Marauders.
- edit so wicket fights the king at the end not Noah.
- ROTJ party.
- Cindle says goodbye and takes off with the rebels.
There will be adjusting for sure. Any thoughts?
A director makes 100 decisions an hour. Students ask me how you know how to make the right decision, and I say to them, ‘If you don’t know how to make the right decision, you’re not a director.’
- George Lucas