-=Watch the space for updates. =-
Not a lot of details at the moment, but the title is self explanatory.
I'm going to try to take up the slack left by ADM's absence from the forums.
I've found HBP has been much more difficult to work with than previous entries in the HP series. Mostly because the deleted scenes haven't been color timed and made to look crappy and dark yet.
Additionally, the DVD audio is 2.0 that needs a DPLII upmix (which is working out pretty well). The Blu-Ray has 5.1 audio to start with, but the dialog is badly localized, either spreading to the front 3 speakers or all 5.
I've just started work, but I can hopefully finish within a week. There are only 8 scenes.
Edit: Har, har. Finished within a week. A year and a half later...
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Extended and Enhanced by Doctor M
Original Runtime - 2:33:29
Extended Runtime - 2:38:32
All deleted audio has been upmixed from stereo to DD 5.1 with Dolby ProLogic II decoding.
All deleted video has been cropped/resized to match the theatrical aspect ratio.
In cases where noted, a Blu-Ray source was used. This was done when the deleted scene was of much lower quality than the rest of the film. The rest of the time this was undesirable because the BD source was of significantly better quality than the rest of the film.
Scene By Scene:
1) Harry and Hermione Walk The Halls - Levels/color corrected. Custom hallway-noise-only track laid over deleted scene to match the surrounding footage. Lavender's giggle in the deleted scene was kept, but the duplicate giggle muted when the theatrical footage comes in. Assumingly the annoying giggle is what attracted Harry and Hermione's attention. Ron's duplicate dialog is muted in the deleted scene since it is heard when the theatrical footage picks up.
2) Harry and Hermione Discuss the Marauder’s Map - White/black levels adjusted slightly.
In the theatrical cut, in order to hide that a scene was deleted the editor cut a scene in half. The first part of the split scene appears before Harry finds Ron mooning for Romilda and the other half follows. It's actually quite awkward and the script confirms this change was made.
Harry's first scene knocking on Slughorn's office door has been moved. Some of the scene was salvaged and one line deleted. An additional shot was constructed to fill a removed piece that was probably a reshoot.
Crazy dialog-only tracks and surround-only tracks were created to smooth the transitions.
The old scene order was: Harry talks to Slughorn in potions lab, Harry knocks on Slughorn's office door and is turned away, Harry finds Ron high on love potion, Harry again goes to Slughorn's office.
The new order is: Harry talks to Slughorn in lab, Harry talks to Hermione in the common room, Harry goes upstairs to find Ron spaced out, Harry takes Ron to Slughorn's office.
3) Harry, Ron and Hermione Discuss the Vanishing Cabinet - Scene added. (No color correction. Already seems to match adjacent scenes fairly well.)
4) Harry and Dumbledore Arrive at Cave Entrance - Scene added. Color corrected.
5) Harry and Dumbledore Leave Cave - I think it feels abrupt, but it's exactly as the script has it and I tried not to turn this into a fan edit. Color corrected.
6) Clouds Gather Over Hogwarts as Flitwick Conducts Orchestra - Rearranged scenes before and after. Deleted all theatrical shots that were duplicated in the deleted scene.
Borgan and Burkes scene and exterior shot of Hogwarts now used to establish events and location. These shots are not in the version of the script I have and may have been added later. The new placement seems more natural.
Audio deleted from Malfoy walking down the hallway to the Room of Requirement and replaced with choir finishing their song.
Blu-Ray source used because of severe artifacts and banding in dark areas (i.e. most of the scene). Color corrected.
7) Harry Joins Ron, Hermione and Ginny in Common Room - Color corrected to match surrounding scenes.
8) Harry and Hermione Discuss Ron at Astronomy Tower - Blu-Ray source. Color corrected. 5.1 surround version of soundtrack upmixed to DD 5.1 and mixed/blended.
This post has been edited.