Sign In

Harmy's STAR WARS Despecialized Edition HD - V2.7 MKV IS OUT NOW — Page 627

Author
Time

Yeah, tehparadox is done. I’ve read that the owner mysteriously packed up and called it quits. None of the other mods apparently knew who he was or anything. So that’s that.

Author
Time

My suggestion would be that they should be posted on another forum or cloud storage that requires a free account to be set up to view them.

That way they are still easily available to the general Official Trilogy owning community, but not TOO easily available.

No one wants to poke this mouse.

The NJVC Custom Bluray Set of Harmy’s Despecialized Editions is up on Mega.

Go to this thread

Author
Time

Tehparadox going down also threw me for a loop.

We experimented once before with some key users getting a download link via PM and then having them all seeding a torrent as a means of handling the high demands of initial distribution. There was some technical fiasco and it didn’t work well at all. Doesn’t mean it’s not worth another shot, but maybe someone would need to document a “you must do it exactly like this” set of instructions to avoid issues. In theory, it seemed like a pretty good idea. Maybe worth another go.

Project Threepio (Star Wars OOT subtitles)

Author
Time

CatBus said:

Tehparadox going down also threw me for a loop.

We experimented once before with some key users getting a download link via PM and then having them all seeding a torrent as a means of handling the high demands of initial distribution. There was some technical fiasco and it didn’t work well at all. Doesn’t mean it’s not worth another shot, but maybe someone would need to document a “you must do it exactly like this” set of instructions to avoid issues. In theory, it seemed like a pretty good idea. Maybe worth another go.

It seems that an initial distribution using magnet links and relying on dht could work?

Author
Time

I don’t know much about torrenting, and I believe Harmy also was (and perhaps still is) unable to do it. If enough technically-minded people agree, and Harmy thinks it’d work, that might be fine. Then again, maybe Harmy already has a Plan B.

Project Threepio (Star Wars OOT subtitles)

Author
Time

CatBus said:

I don’t know much about torrenting, and I believe Harmy also was (and perhaps still is) unable to do it. If enough technically-minded people agree, and Harmy thinks it’d work, that might be fine. Then again, maybe Harmy already has a Plan B.

Do it.

Author
Time

The G said:

Do it.

Do it

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

But in all seriousness, I really hope there will continue to be file locker links maintained. I am sure there are many like me that just don’t like the idea of using their computer’s resources to seed torrents, and also those who might be OK with the idea but who would have difficulty with the technical side of it. For them (or rather, us) direct links work much better even if they are way slower. But with tehparadox gone, the question becomes where to keep them.

The NJVC Custom Bluray Set of Harmy’s Despecialized Editions is up on Mega.

Go to this thread

Author
Time

Adywan’s distribution system seems to work pretty well - I haven’t seen much complaining from people not being able to get ESB:R.

  • www.facebook.com/despecialized
  • IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE DESPECIALIZED EDITIONS, PLEASE READ THE FIRST POSTS OF THESE THREADS, WHICH HAVE UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION: SW, ESB, ROTJ, 97SE RE-ED
    IF YOU DON’T FIND WHAT YOU’RE LOOKING FOR THERE, TRY ASKING IN THE APPROPRIATE THREADS - MOST REGULAR POSTERS KNOW ALL THE ANSWERS AND SOMEONE WILL LIKELY BE ABLE TO HELP YOU.
    IF I GET A PM WITH A QUESTION, WHICH COULD HAVE BEEN ANSWERED THROUGH THESE MEANS, IT WILL BE IGNORED. SORRY BUT I AM NOT THE LOCAL INFO BOOTH. THANK YOU.
Author
Time

TV’s Frink said:

Mega has a much easier learning curve than torrents and by using Facebook he’s bypassing all the requests for invites.

WeNeedToFundThis

Author
Time

Verified I was able to find the links without a Facebook account, so that seems good. I guess the only question is whether or not direct linking might theoretically run afoul of Facebook’s terms of service.

Project Threepio (Star Wars OOT subtitles)

Author
Time

Wow, I just noticed something I personally hadn’t before about the SE (I don’t view it any more than I have to, and got sucked into a clip of Kenobi showing up in SW embedded in some article I was reading), right after Ben says “Hello there” to R2, in the following shot of R2 they totally forgot to add shadowing on him from the stupid rocks… And then the shadowing is back, darker than ever, the very next shot of him… Add in that crazy “Obi-Wan getting a hummer in a back alley of Mos Eisley” yell (my favorite description I’ve heard of it), the whole scene is just bottomless insanity.

This post has been edited.

Author
Time

HappY85 said:

Harmy did a pretty good job removing the rock from R2D2 😄

Compar_master.avi_snapshot.jpg

Hahahahaha, that is fantastic!

Author
Time

yoda-sama said:

Wow, I just noticed something I personally hadn’t before about the SE (I don’t view it any more than I have to, and got sucked into a clip of Kenobi showing up in SW embedded in some article I was reading), right after Ben says “Hello there” to R2, in the following shot of R2 they totally forgot to add shadowing on him from the stupid rocks… And then the shadowing is back, darker than ever, the very next shot of him… Add in that crazy “Obi-Wan getting a hummer in a back alley of Mos Eisley” yell (my favorite description I’ve heard of it), the whole scene is just bottomless insanity.

Well, I’ll be damned.

“Oh yeah. I’m a dummy.” - me

Star Wars Revisited Wordpress / Facebook / Twitter

005’s List of List & Comparisons

Author
Time

Harmy said:

Adywan’s distribution system seems to work pretty well - I haven’t seen much complaining from people not being able to get ESB:R.

TV’s Frink said:

Mega has a much easier learning curve than torrents and by using Facebook he’s bypassing all the requests for invites.

So does this mean that the plan for now will probably be to start using a Facebook post as a platform for distribution of links as Adywan has done with his “Revisited” work?

That’s cool and all, but I am a little worried about Facebook maybe not being the best place for it. I mean section 5 of their terms of service is all about copyright. And Facebook is pretty mainstream. Tehparadox always seemed much more fittingly obscure. Might that end up drawing too much attention?

Thoughts?

The NJVC Custom Bluray Set of Harmy’s Despecialized Editions is up on Mega.

Go to this thread

Author
Time

Sigh. There’s really no way to know for sure, but I have reported that particular seller before. I’ll do it again And I encourage everybody else to do the same.

The NJVC Custom Bluray Set of Harmy’s Despecialized Editions is up on Mega.

Go to this thread

Author
Time

solkap said:

My suggestion would be that they should be posted on another forum or cloud storage that requires a free account to be set up to view them.

That way they are still easily available to the general Official Trilogy owning community, but not TOO easily available.

No one wants to poke this mouse.

For links. What about using a free email account?

Set up an email account. put the links in an email sent to the same account.
PM the password of the email to people who ask for it?

Author
Time

red5-626 said:

For links. What about using a free email account?

Set up an email account. put the links in an email sent to the same account.
PM the password of the email to people who ask for it?

With all due respect, I personally don’t think that’s a very good idea.

That would give everyone the ability to edit the link information as well as access it. Having a (free) member only forum post requires users to set up an account to view the link lists, but still keeps control of them in the hands of the original poster, presumably Harmy.

The G said:

cough MEGA cough

If they put the link list on mega, they still need somewhere to post the link to that, so I’m not sure if that solves the problem.

But I think it’s cool that people are starting to brainstorm.

And really, I am just a member of the peanut gallery anyway, as I have had no direct involvement in the production of these projects. The decision will be (as it should) ultimately in the hands of Harmy and everyone else who actually rescued these films. 😃

The NJVC Custom Bluray Set of Harmy’s Despecialized Editions is up on Mega.

Go to this thread

To the top