Sign In

Harmy's RETURN OF THE JEDI Despecialized Edition HD (AVCHD DVD9 & NTSC DVD5 available!!! SEE FIRST POST!!!) — Page 133

Author
Time

rnranimal1 said:

Could someone point me in the direction of details on how to make the ROJ PAL GOUT sync into NTSC GOUT sync? I think I read some frames need dropped and/or added, but I don’t know where. Thanks.

you want to convert the PAL video to NTSC video? if so, don’t try, you would have a complete visual mess of frame blending in order to achieve that. are you trying to sync audio from one to the other?

JEDIT: above comment is about normal PAL to NTSC conversions, but i may be out of my element here, if the GOUT PAL was just a speed up or down type conversion?

This post has been edited.

Author
Time

dahmage said:
above comment is about normal PAL to NTSC conversions, but i may be out of my element here…

You are. “Normal” PAL conversions are simple speed-ups, so converting PAL back to NTSC simply involves a slow-down. It’s very easy to sync the PAL GOUT to the NTSC GOUT.

rnranimal1 said:
Could someone point me in the direction of details on how to make the ROJ PAL GOUT sync into NTSC GOUT sync?

http://originaltrilogy.com/topic/The-GOUT-Sync-Thread/id/17357

EDIT: This request is definitely off topic. It would be a good idea to continue discussion in my GOUT sync thread.

This post has been edited.

Author
Time

I was just curious: are there any SE recomps left in this or is it completely theatrical?

Author
Time

So I have harmy’s despecialized edition from 2012 (I think). What changes were made for the 2.5 version?

Author
Time

Can anyone tell me if the eyebrows are still kinda blurry when Vader takes his mask off?

Author
Time

I’ve seen the still images here: https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipM9HqKhDhHT1O6CDfGmH44R1AduXqfpFjOqiMHVX3OnWusb-fZ_RoPKjAcO8Jcgsg?key=blBhRV9DNmsxaVlMdUpFYjYxN3FISk5Ma2xfQ293

It’s kinda hard to gauge just based on the screen shots, you kinda have to see the scene in motion. Even the stills from Despecialized v1.0 look fine. I was just wondering if anyone who has seen both versions of the despecialized edition can attest to whether or not that scene in particular is better, or about the same.

Author
Time

It’s much better. Last time I screened it with a few friends there were no complaints.

“After a time, you may find that having, is not so pleasing a thing after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true.” - Spock

Author
Time

Huge improvement on the eyebrows. The whole film is damn near perfect now.

Project Threepio (Star Wars OOT subtitles)

Author
Time

1.0 rotoscoped the eyebrows on. They were low res and drifted a bit. I believe harmy rotoscoped all of Anakin this time. It’s very stable compared to 1.0. The eyebrows themselves are not separate elements now, so there’s really no comparison.

This post has been edited.

Author
Time

Thank you for adding Castilian Spanish to the available audio settings! It is much appreciated!

Author
Time

Also, I have seen bits and pieces and it’s fantastic! Can’t wait to see these now we are on summer!

Author
Time

Really enjoy v2.5 - can’t wait for the next iteration!

Author
Time

a very kind member of the community on here has made available the njvc Custom BluRay Set of Harmy’s Despecialised Edition up on Mega.

For more info - http://originaltrilogy.com/topic/NJVC-sets-available-on-mega-again/id/57042/page/1#1117980
 

Well in to him for doing so, and not only for getting permission from both njvc and Harmy beforehand, but for also putting together a quality and useful guide on how to acquire them - and also on how to burn them to disc too.

 

The Despecialized Editions are still available in their original format - with details on how to acquire them - in Harmy’s 1st post in this thread - as well as in the 1st posts of his Star Wars and ESB threads too…

Star Wars - http://originaltrilogy.com/topic/Harmys-STAR-WARS-Despecialized-Edition-HD-V27-MKV-IS-OUT-NOW/id/12713

Empire Strikes Back - http://originaltrilogy.com/topic/Harmys-THE-EMPIRE-STRIKES-BACK-Despecialized-Edition-HD-MKV-and-AVCHD-v20-NOW-AVAILABLE/id/12511

Return Of The Jedi (this thread) - http://originaltrilogy.com/topic/Harmys-RETURN-OF-THE-JEDI-Despecialized-Edition-HD-AVCHD-DVD9-and-NTSC-DVD5-available-SEE-FIRST-POST/id/12905

This post has been edited.

Justice For The 96 hillsborough.independent.gov.uk/

Author
Time

okay after several failed
and 1 partially successful 10 hour download I managed to get the HARMY DEEDVI V2.5 AVCHD MANUAL rar on my PC.
I then used 7-Zip to decompress it.

i got "headers Error: Wrong password?
and
Wamings:
There are some data after the end of the payload data
CRC failed : Wrong Password? : ROTJ v 2.5 AVCHH\ROTJ-DEAPECALIZER_V2.0_AVCHD.ISO

I wanted to see if it would work at all before I tryed to burn a disc

so I tryed to play the file with VLC
because that can play almost anything.

I can’t play it at all. What gives?

Author
Time

red5-626 said:

okay after several failed
and 1 partially successful 10 hour download I managed to get the HARMY DEEDVI V2.5 AVCHD MANUAL rar on my PC.
I then used 7-Zip to decompress it.

i got "headers Error: Wrong password?
and
Wamings:
There are some data after the end of the payload data
CRC failed : Wrong Password? : ROTJ v 2.5 AVCHH\ROTJ-DEAPECALIZER_V2.0_AVCHD.ISO

I wanted to see if it would work at all before I tryed to burn a disc

so I tryed to play the file with VLC
because that can play almost anything.

I can’t play it at all. What gives?

Honestly, WHAT the problem is should be pretty darned obvious, you need a password to open the rars correctly… I’d say what the password is, but I don’t know if that’s allowed (though it should be darned easy to guess with only a few attempts), so I’ll defer answering that till I know if I can.

Edit: Unless… what the heck did you mean by partially successful download?

This post has been edited.

Author
Time

yoda-sama said:

red5-626 said:

okay after several failed
and 1 partially successful 10 hour download I managed to get the HARMY DEEDVI V2.5 AVCHD MANUAL rar on my PC.
I then used 7-Zip to decompress it.

i got "headers Error: Wrong password?
and
Wamings:
There are some data after the end of the payload data
CRC failed : Wrong Password? : ROTJ v 2.5 AVCHH\ROTJ-DEAPECALIZER_V2.0_AVCHD.ISO

I wanted to see if it would work at all before I tryed to burn a disc

so I tryed to play the file with VLC
because that can play almost anything.

I can’t play it at all. What gives?

Honestly, WHAT the problem is should be pretty darned obvious, you need a password to open the rars correctly… I’d say what the password is, but I don’t know if that’s allowed (though it should be darned easy to guess with only a few attempts), so I’ll defer answering that till I know if I can.

Edit: Unless… what the heck did you mean by partially successful download?

i used the password from the The Ultimate Introductory Guide
it seems to uncompress the rar but i can’t play the.ISO

PS
By partially successful download i mean after days of haveing my download get to 80 some % and
crash after waiting hours. the last time i actually got the rar and not a broken download.
i just can’t play the ISO.

Author
Time

Do you have all the RARs or only some of them? I don’t know how many RAR files the AVCHD takes up…

Beginner of many projects, finisher of few

Author
Time

If you are having trouble because of the size of the files, I’d recommend you try the multi rar method. The files are in smaller pieces so the potential for download errors is a lot lower.

The NJVC Custom Bluray Set of Harmy’s Despecialized Editions is up on Mega.

Go to this thread

Author
Time

red5-626 said:

okay after several failed
and 1 partially successful 10 hour download I managed to get the HARMY DEEDVI V2.5 AVCHD MANUAL rar on my PC.
I then used 7-Zip to decompress it.

i got "headers Error: Wrong password?
and
Wamings:
There are some data after the end of the payload data
CRC failed : Wrong Password? : ROTJ v 2.5 AVCHH\ROTJ-DEAPECALIZER_V2.0_AVCHD.ISO

I wanted to see if it would work at all before I tryed to burn a disc

so I tryed to play the file with VLC
because that can play almost anything.

I can’t play it at all. What gives?

negative1 called, he wants his shtick back.

Episode I: The Ridiculous Menace / Episode II: Attack Of The Ridiculousness / Episode III: Revenge of the Ridiculousness

To the top