Sign In

Han - Solo Movie ** Spoilers ** — Page 2

Author
Time

emanswfan said:

Seems fake to me, but this film could also be about Boba Fett.

http://indierevolver.com/2015/07/08/the-full-slate-of-star-wars-films-leaked-in-advance-of-sdcc/

 Does seem fake. And probably made before yesterday, when people may have still assumed that the Solo film would be the third rather than the second anthology film.

If true, though, I am as disappointed as everyone else that they're not doing anything new/interesting. But I'd rather have a Kenobi film than both Solo and Fett separately. Better to have the two worst ideas combined and leave a chance for something else that may work. 

Rogue One is the only one that I think may have a real chance of being good, though.

Author
Time

naturally Chris Pratt's name gets bandied about a bit as a replacement for Harrison, but while I'd be happy to see him don the fedora as a new Indy, there really is only one Han Solo

The thing that scares me the most is that Han was around 29-30 years old in the original film so to realistically recast a younger version they'd have to set the story at least 10 years before the events of A New Hope,  i.e late teen to 20 year old. Too young and immature to be the cocky, cynical rogue that is the basis for his character, and I honestly have no interest in seeing his formative years. I really don't see him becoming 'Han Solo' until well into his mid 20's.

I do remember reading that they were having trouble developing a Boba Fett vehicle because of his anti-hero status and there were worries how they could make him the protagonist without ruining his character in the original films, maybe this is their way giving Boba Fett a major starring role with Han Solo as the focus.

Author
Time

darth_ender said:

You see, because it is a lone film rather than part of a trilogy, DominicCobb was making a little play on words.

Yes, but it should be dash (—) in that case, not hyphen (-).

darth_ender said:

My question is why is there a hyphen in between in-between, when that is supposed to only be present when acting as a noun or adjective, not as a preposition as you have used it?

;)

You are witnessing linguistic drift in real time. ;)

真実

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Nice detective work there Ady.  Kind of too bad, I would dig seeing McGregor reprise his role as Obi-Wan in a 'Kenobi' movie.  

Not sure how I feel about the news about them doing a Han Solo origin movie, unless they got a teenager for it.  A twenty-something would be weird since Harrison was pretty young in the first movie himself.  

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Platitude said:

Nice detective work there Ady.  Kind of too bad, I would dig seeing McGregor reprise his role as Obi-Wan in a 'Kenobi' movie.  

Not sure how I feel about the news about them doing a Han Solo origin movie, unless they got a teenager for it.  A twenty-something would be weird since Harrison was pretty young in the first movie himself.  

 34-35 isn't too young for an origin story. I just think too much of the character's personality comes from Ford himself. It will either be 'off' or parody. 

Author
Time

This film is intended to "Keep the original trilogy alive"

Bloody balloon b*ll*cks

Author
Time

Disney has released edgier fare for decades under other studio labels, Touchstone, Hollywood Pictures, etc. (Who Framed Roger Rabbit? has always been a Touchstone film, even though Roger has a presence in the theme parks.)  They don't have to put the Disney label on the Star Wars films any more than they do Marvel.

Let Han be the smuggler he always was, and Boba can be a Riddick kind of guy who has a personal honor code.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

I just can't wait for the long-needed Mon Mothma movie!!!!

[fingers crossed]

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Me too. She and Ackbar had a torrid love affair in the early days of the Rebellion.

And we also need a movie to explain what the heck is up with General Madine's Gumby hair.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I would love to see a film that is done from the imperial perspective. Something similar to SWTOR imperial agent storyline.

真実

Author
Time

RicOlie_2 said:

I'm sure there's already a book about it.

 Yeah but they dumped the EU to make room for a new origin story of his hairdo.

Ceci n’est pas une signature.

Author
Time

imperialscum said:

I would love to see a film that is done from the imperial perspective.

Master and Comman... oh, THAT empire. Nevermind.

Project Threepio (Star Wars OOT subtitles)

Author
Time

imperialscum said:

darth_ender said:

You see, because it is a lone film rather than part of a trilogy, DominicCobb was making a little play on words.

Yes, but it should be dash (—) in that case, not hyphen (-).

 You are half right but mostly wrong. It was never a hyphen (and I almost said as much but I'm not into grammar correcting like some people [you] so I didn't), it was always a dash. In case you're unaware, there are two types of dashes, em dash and en dash. Em dash is longer but has no spaces like en dash. In case you still can't figure it out, I used the en dash.

Author
Time

En dashes are for between numbers, like it'll take 5-10 minutes to complete that task.  An em dash is what you wanted.  But frankly I don't care, I just hoped that by typing it out, the information would leave my head and never come back.  No such luck.

Project Threepio (Star Wars OOT subtitles)

Author
Time
 (Edited)

CatBus said:

En dashes are for between numbers, like it'll take 5-10 minutes to complete that task.  An em dash is what you wanted.  But frankly I don't care, I just hoped that by typing it out, the information would leave my head and never come back.  No such luck.

 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dash

Author
Time

DominicCobb said:

CatBus said:

En dashes are for between numbers, like it'll take 5-10 minutes to complete that task.  An em dash is what you wanted.  But frankly I don't care, I just hoped that by typing it out, the information would leave my head and never come back.  No such luck.

 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dash

Funk and Wagnalls is gonna be pissed.

Project Threepio (Star Wars OOT subtitles)

Author
Time

SilverWook said:

And we also need a movie to explain what the heck is up with General Madine's Gumby hair.

 For the last time, he's one of them...

Author
Time

^Tempted to make part of my personal canon.

My screenplay index.

“Doubt is not the opposite of faith; it is one element of faith.” — Paul Tillich

“The opposite of faith is not doubt, but certainty.” — Anne Lamott

Author
Time

Hal 9000 said:

SilverWook said:

And we also need a movie to explain what the heck is up with General Madine's Gumby hair.

 For the last time, he's one of them...

Wasn't Crix Madine from Corellia?

I could totally see Lord and Miller using this as an excuse to work head-drinkers into the new canon.

Author
Time

Works for me!

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

What's a young Han Solo?

Child Solo?

Teen Solo?

In his 20s Solo?

And how old was Han Solo in Star Wars?  Ford was 35 in '77.  Was he supposed to be younger than that in the film?

My hope is that they find a good quality actor who plays a Han Solo near the same age as in Star Wars; perhaps even that it segues into the first film.

Solo and Chewy screwing over Jabba, dodging the Empire and bounty hunters has more potential than some origin story.  

I dont need to know about his sad orphan childhood.  I dont need to know about his former imperial career or how he met Chewy or how he even won the Falcon from Lando (though I'd like to see Lando in the film)

Pure swashbuckling action.  You wont get that from teen Solo or even a 24 year old Solo.

We're all worried about the actor and how he wouldnt be able to portray that same worldly savvy and cynicism.....the worst thing to that end would be to make him young and inexperienced.

eta:  well sh!t.  Just found out it will be about a young solo.  Okay.  I'm still on board.

Author
Time

We don't think anyone would be interested

to see young Greedo in that movie.

-later

However, in practice you must take into account the “fuckwit factor”. Just talk to Darth Mallwalker…
-Moth3r