Sign In

General Star Wars Questions

Replies
59
Author
Time

I realized that while there’s a thread for Star Wars Random Thoughts, there’s actually no thread for the answering of questions.

So here it is. Do you want to know what order to view the Star Wars movies (I recommend only watching the odd-numbered ones)? How about the number of versions of the original film which have been released (327 so far), or the true identity of Snoke (REDACTED)?

Ask away!

DuracellEnergizer: "^He’s embraced the absurd. Don’t expect to gain any conventional understanding from his posts."
A New Hope Technicolor Recreation (Released!)
The Force Awakens Starkiller Edit and Starlight Project

Author
Time

You never heard of the Millennium Falcon? It’s the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs

But… Who was piloting it? 😉

Han: Hey Lando! You kept your promise, right? Not a scratch?
Lando: Well, what’s left of her isn’t scratched. All the scratched parts got knocked off along the way.
Han (exasperated): Knocked off?!

Author
Time

Only the odd numbered ones? So you don’t recommend the original? Or if you’re discounting the prequels you don’t recommend ESB but you do recommend Jedi? Or were you making a Star Trek joke? I need answers plz.

^ Needs to pull the stick out.

Author
Time

Z6PO said:

You never heard of the Millennium Falcon? It’s the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs

But… Who was piloting it? 😉

From Snokes.com:

Anakin Skywalker, alongside General Obi-wan Kenobi, piloted a Corellian light freighter through the Kessel system in 11 parsecs during the year 25 BBY as part of an undercover operation for the Old Republic. However, the ship was damaged beyond repair in the attempt, and was destroyed soon after. Stories were told of the legendary run, and soon many used-ship dealers in the Kessel system claimed to have salvaged the vessel. Han Solo was suckered into buying one of these dubious vessels early in his career, and has stuck with the dealer’s story ever since.

It goes without saying that Obi-wan is one of only two people in the galaxy with the firsthand knowledge to contradict Han Solo’s tall tale.

TV’s Frink said:

Yeah, it only took one post to get to the exact kind of question that goes in the Random Thoughts thread.

JEDIT: But don’t blame yourself, this is all Neverar’s fault.

Except that:

TV’s Frink said:

NeverarGreat said:

We need a stickied thread in the General Star Wars Discussion for general Star Wars questions (and sticky the Star Wars Random Thoughts thread).

Everything you said is correct.

Possessed said:

Only the odd numbered ones? So you don’t recommend the original? Or if you’re discounting the prequels you don’t recommend ESB but you do recommend Jedi? Or were you making a Star Trek joke? I need answers plz.

Some questions don’t have answers just as some peels don’t have bananas and are merely there to trip you up.

DuracellEnergizer: "^He’s embraced the absurd. Don’t expect to gain any conventional understanding from his posts."
A New Hope Technicolor Recreation (Released!)
The Force Awakens Starkiller Edit and Starlight Project

Author
Time

NeverarGreat said:

TV’s Frink said:

Yeah, it only took one post to get to the exact kind of question that goes in the Random Thoughts thread.

JEDIT: But don’t blame yourself, this is all Neverar’s fault.

Except that:

TV’s Frink said:

NeverarGreat said:

We need a stickied thread in the General Star Wars Discussion for general Star Wars questions (and sticky the Star Wars Random Thoughts thread).

Everything you said is correct.

You left out the post I made two seconds later after actually seeing this thread in action. FAKE NEWS. SAD!!!

This post has been edited.

Episode I: The Ridiculous Menace / Episode II: Attack Of The Ridiculousness / Episode III: Revenge of the Ridiculousness

Author
Time

Do you think Willrow Hood had a lot of friends?

The 2003 Clone Wars was garbage

Author
Time

What would happen if someone dropped a lightsaber on the ground? Would it fall to the center of the earth and be eventually melted by lava? Cause earthquakes?

Author
Time

That depends on velocity and the angle of descent.

I believe the original, theatrical versions of SW & TESB are great films. Beyond that, I have little in common with the typical
Star Wars fan here. Just a heads-up so you aren’t too taken aback when I say I prefer Dark Empire over Return of the Jedi.

My screenplay index.

Author
Time

I’m pretty sure lightsabers still require some force (in the Newtonian sense, not the Force™) behind them, they don’t just melt through everything with no resistance. Think of the scene from Phantom Menace where Qui-Gonn has to cut through the blast doors on the Trade Federation ship. He was clearly putting a considerable amount of effort into cutting through the doors. I’d imagine a thin floor could be cut through, but the lightsaber would have to be dropped at the right angle, and very forcefully. I doubt it could get through a thicker floor, or even a second thin floor.

The 2003 Clone Wars was garbage

Author
Time

There’s also multiple instances (first shown, I think, in ROTS when Yoda is chopping up clones outside the Temple) of a character throwing a lightsaber, the blade impaling a victim, and the saber staying in place just like a sword or other physical object would, rather than falling to the ground and partially bisecting the victim.

A well-respected membet of the community

Author
Time

On a semi-tangential note, I’d like to say I don’t like how powerful lightsabers are depicted, cutting through practically anything and everything with minimal to moderate effort. Had I been the one designing the SW Universe, I’d have given lightsabers roughly the same cutting power as regular swords.

This post has been edited.

I believe the original, theatrical versions of SW & TESB are great films. Beyond that, I have little in common with the typical
Star Wars fan here. Just a heads-up so you aren’t too taken aback when I say I prefer Dark Empire over Return of the Jedi.

My screenplay index.

Author
Time

I think that the force needs to be limited in what it can do. Otherwise certain people, you know who you are, will post things on forums like, “Why didn’t Vader just nab the Death Star plans when he was in that hallway at the end of Rogue One?” when they know full well that while said scene was going on he had a dozen Rebel Fleet Troopers trying to shoot him. You know come to think of it an infinitely better question would be is why didn’t Vader using the force in A New Hope sniff out the Rebel’s hidden fortress? When the force can do anything like corral a ship that has it’s engines on and is moving forward the writers of these movies opens up a can of worms and plot holes.

This post has been edited.

Author
Time

Jim Smith said:

I think that the force needs to be limited in what it can do. Otherwise certain people, you know who you are, will post things on forums like, “Why didn’t Vader just nab the Death Star plans when he was in that hallway at the end of Rogue One?” when they know full well that while said scene was going on he had a dozen Rebel Fleet Troopers trying to shoot him. You know come to think of it an infinitely better question would be is why didn’t Vader using the force in A New Hope sniff out the Rebel’s hidden fortress? When the force can do anything like corral a ship that has it’s engines on and is moving forward the writers of these movies opens up a can of worms and plot holes.

When has the Force been shown to corral a moving ship in the movies? Honestly I think the Force isn’t depicted as being limitless in power in the films, that’s mainly an EU thing, and even then I can’t recall anything super outrageous in anything I’ve seen/read of the new canon. At least nothing along the lines of the shit from the Force Unleashed games.

A well-respected membet of the community

Author
Time

I thought lightsabers had to have pressure on them to stay lit, either from three persons hands or from the force (when being thrown)

I mean consider all the times it’s knocked out of someone’s hands or the hand gets chopped off or three person holding it killed. Saber always turns off and I doubt the user always had time or thought to flip the switch.

^ Needs to pull the stick out.

Author
Time

I thought they’d have some sort of safety switch on them too? - y’know, just in case one of these things accidentally gets brushed or touched and the Jedi loses his leg or something…

Do they have a safety switch?

Justice For The 96 hillsborough.independent.gov.uk/

Author
Time

oojason said:

I thought they’d have some sort of safety switch on them too? - y’know, just in case one of these things accidentally gets brushed or touched and the Jedi loses his leg or something…

Do they have a safety switch?

Oh my, that picture is hilarious. Obi-Wan just had to be thinking that Luke was a complete idiot.

Author
Time

dahmage said:

oojason said:

I thought they’d have some sort of safety switch on them too? - y’know, just in case one of these things accidentally gets brushed or touched and the Jedi loses his leg or something…

Do they have a safety switch?

Oh my, that picture is hilarious. Obi-Wan just had to be thinking that Luke was a complete idiot.

It was that pic or this one…

😃

Justice For The 96 hillsborough.independent.gov.uk/

To the top