Sign In

Episode VIII Discussion *SPOILER THREAD*

Replies
2,110
Author
Time

I figured that spoilers would start popping up soon, so I thought I'd have a thread ready for them when they started coming. They won't be from filming, obviously, but they've got to be doing some sort of work at this point.

I might be a little premature on this, but I can't help but want to have all three spoiler threads started by the same person. ;)

Author
Time

RicOlie_2 said:

I might be a little premature on this, but I can't help but want to have all three spoiler threads started by the same person. ;)

Perhaps you should just start the Episode IX spoiler thread then and get it all over with already. =P

I believe the original, theatrical versions of SW & TESB are great films. Beyond that, I have little in common with the typical
Star Wars fan here. Just a heads-up so you aren’t too taken aback when I say I prefer Dark Empire over Return of the Jedi.

My screenplay index.

Author
Time

*Spoiler*

Kira Rey is the daughter of

[500 internal server error]

“That Darth Vader, man. Sure does love eating Jedi.”

Author
Time

DuracellEnergizer said:

RicOlie_2 said:

I might be a little premature on this, but I can't help but want to have all three spoiler threads started by the same person. ;)

Perhaps you should just start the Episode IX spoiler thread then and get it all over with already. =P

 And to be perfectly consistent across the board, I think I'll start one for episodes I-VI as well. ;)

Author
Time

Clicking through to the original source article at TheWrap.com led me to this quote:

Oscar winner Benicio del Toro is nearing a deal to play the villain in “Star Wars: Episode VIII,” for which plot details remain unknown. However, the Internet has taken it upon itself to speculate that Han Solo’s daughter could be introduced in the film.

Han Solo's daughter? But I thought that was supposed to be Daisy Ridley's character.... where's she going to be in Ep8 anyways?

“That Darth Vader, man. Sure does love eating Jedi.”

Author
Time

Is it a bad sign that they're only taking two years apeice for the new films, or was that the same for the other six and they just took off a year in between production of films?

“Han shot first” - George Lucas

Author
Time

I don't think it's bad sign because they seem to be moving things along quite smoothly.  They're probably more far along with Episode VIII than we realize or they've announced.  I'm sure the casting is finished or nearly finished by now and will be announced when they are start filming at Pinewood next year in March.  Supposedly, the original three (Han, Leia and Luke) will reprise their roles in Episode VIII as well.

Author
Time

swagmasta69 said:

Is it a bad sign that they're only taking two years apeice for the new films, or was that the same for the other six and they just took off a year in between production of films?

 IIRC, pre production on AOTC was underway as TPM was in theaters. The same for ROTS as AOTC was released.

Also, they seem to be working on scripts for the sequels well in advance. That makes planning the films a lot easier.


Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

SilverWook said:

swagmasta69 said:

Is it a bad sign that they're only taking two years apeice for the new films, or was that the same for the other six and they just took off a year in between production of films?

 IIRC, pre production on AOTC was underway as TPM was in theaters. The same for ROTS as AOTC was released.

Also, they seem to be working on scripts for the sequels well in advance. That makes planning the films a lot easier.

Yeah, Rian Johnson was announced as director and writer for Episode VIII over a year ago.

Author
Time

SilverWook said:

swagmasta69 said:

Is it a bad sign that they're only taking two years apeice for the new films, or was that the same for the other six and they just took off a year in between production of films?

 IIRC, pre production on AOTC was underway as TPM was in theaters. The same for ROTS as AOTC was released.

Also, they seem to be working on scripts for the sequels well in advance. That makes planning the films a lot easier.

 Your first sentence does not reassure me.

“That Darth Vader, man. Sure does love eating Jedi.”

Author
Time

Now I'm seeing that filming had finished after all and won't resume until the new year. I remember an interview where Mark said he hates having a beard, so i'm thinking he just shaved after the shoot and will probably grow it back in a couple of months.

Author
Time

I'm avoiding TFA spoilers, but saw a headline about Mark Hamill filming for Episode VIII. I'm glad that Luke will evidently survive the new movie and go on to appear in at least one more. This is good news, though I would've preferred to not even know that. 

Author
Time

Force ghost is a thing. But I also think Luke will survive TFA.

To me she’s royalty

Author
Time

Hal 9000 said:

I'm avoiding TFA spoilers, but saw a headline about Mark Hamill filming for Episode VIII. I'm glad that Luke will evidently survive the new movie and go on to appear in at least one more. This is good news, though I would've preferred to not even know that. 

 This is probably one of the reasons that reports were so ambiguous or contradictory regarding whether they were filming VII or VIII on that island. 

Reports confirm it's 7? "OMG they're still filming so last minute this movie is obviously going to flop." Confirm it's 8? "OMG Luke is alive but his beard didn't survive VII."

To the top