Sign In

Despecialized Edition Piracy on ebay

Replies
10
Author
Time

I have no clue if there’s a thread on this subject or not but I am steaming. There are people on ebay selling copies of the despecialized editions and I’ve tried everything in the book to get ebay to stop letting this seller exploit desperate fans and sell this fan created content like he has a right to profit from it but the original creators/Lucasfilm don’t get a cent. People like this make me sick!

Edit: Tisk tisk on me, posting links to people selling bootlegs

This post has been edited.

Author
Time

Yeah, I reported the seller earlier…looks like it sold 😕

Author
Time

Not the first time someone on ebay has profited off of projects around here. Ebay seems not to care unless a studio files a complaint. That they also sell legit items might even act as cover.
That this parasite has made at over $4000 selling Harmy’s work makes me want to rip arms out of sockets.

And they have the nerve to use the “must own the originals” credo while making $200 a pop.

This post has been edited.


Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

JediFan9728 said:

Yeah, I reported the seller earlier…looks like it sold 😕

yeah it’s fucking bullshit because I’ve been reporting these sets for almost a week religiously and ebay has been doing nothing. I was asking questions on all of his listings linking TUIG and saying something to the effect of “You do realize you can get this set free” and he would keep taking down and relisting. Now he’s caught onto my little game and he’s started to not allow questions on the post. At least I got some sort of reaction out of him.

Author
Time

SilverWook said:

Not the first time someone on ebay has profited off of projects around here. Ebay seems not to care unless a studio files a complaint.
That this parasite has made at over $4000 selling Harmy’s work makes me want to rip arms out of sockets.

And they have the nerve to use the “must own the originals” credo while making $200 a pop.

He conveniently leaves the part out about how no one is to profit from this project. Honestly I laughed so hard reading through the listing. But not only is he selling the Despecialized Edition but he’s selling Team Negative One’s Silver Screen Editions.

Author
Time

I used to go crazy when I saw Darkside Dealers pimping my DVD’s and the covers I created on eBay but after a while I realized I could not let it upset me. Someone somewhere will always take advantage of others works.

Sure they may profit from our creations against our wishes but at least they are out there being watched, loved and are a cherished illicit collectable in a fans collection.

Word to the Spookies.

What has ‘theology’ ever said that is of the smallest use to anybody? When has ‘theology’ ever said anything that is demonstrably true and is not obvious? What makes you think that ‘theology’ is a subject at all? - Richard Dawkins<br /><img src="http://tinyurl.com/y5ul6h" alt="http://tinyurl.com/y5ul6h" />

Author
Time

If I had the time this is what I would do… Make an inventory of about 20 box sets (just BD’s if thats all they are selling, the actual boxes and art if they go that far).

In the comments post a url to FREE versions and offer to mail the prospective buyer a copy (assuming they own the content).

Or just list them for free. Can you do that? I haven’t been on fleaBay in quite a while.

Author
Time

Rikter said:

I used to go crazy when I saw Darkside Dealers pimping my DVD’s and the covers I created on eBay but after a while I realized I could not let it upset me. Someone somewhere will always take advantage of others works.

Sure they may profit from our creations against our wishes but at least they are out there being watched, loved and are a cherished illicit collectable in a fans collection.

Word to the Spookies.

Yeah I hear you dude, at least comic shops that I’ve seen sell them only sell them for 10-15$ a piece. But this cat’s making like 4k a month doing this. He’s paying his rent with this stuff!

Author
Time

andyw715 said:

If I had the time this is what I would do… Make an inventory of about 20 box sets (just BD’s if thats all they are selling, the actual boxes and art if they go that far).

In the comments post a url to FREE versions and offer to mail the prospective buyer a copy (assuming they own the content).

Or just list them for free. Can you do that? I haven’t been on fleaBay in quite a while.

Yeah for a while in the questions I was posting links to the TUIG and saying things like “you know this content is free elsewhere on the internet right?”. Now he removed questions from his listings. If I had the time and resources I’d list custom box sets for just the bare cost of printer ink, discs, cases and shipping. But then how do you verify that people have the official source material?

This post has been edited.

To the top