DISCLAIMER: THIS ARCHIVE HAS BEEN ASSEMBLED FOR FAN EDITING PURPOSES. THIS PROJECT IS NOT FOR PROFIT, NOR SHOULD IT BE USED IN ANY PROJECT WHERE THE CREATOR IS MAKING A PROFIT. MOST OF THE FILES INCLUDED IN THIS ARCHIVE ARE FREELY AVAILABLE ONLINE FROM OFFICIAL OR PERMITTED SOURCES. FOR THE SOUNDS RIPPED FROM PURCHASABLE SOURCES SUCH AS THE VIDEO GAMES, PLEASE ENSURE YOU OWN THE RESPECTIVE PRODUCTS BEFORE DOWNLOADING.
Please note that whilst I’ve tried my hardest to eliminate duplicates, some may remain with inferior quality so it’s always best to be thorough in choosing the best ones for your edits.
Sounds are provided in WAV format (48KHZ where possible). Some may have had to be converted from MP3 if I couldn’t find those particular sounds elsewhere.
For the sake of convenience and so as not to create confusion, the sounds for any character that spans both trilogies will be placed in the ‘OT’ folder, even if it’s PT dialogue.
Any sound effects linked to a particular vehicle will be in that vehicle’s folder rather than the ‘Miscellaneous Sounds’ folder. For example, a door closing sound heard on the Death Star, will be located in the ‘Death Star’ folder - that doesn’t mean you can’t use it elsewhere of course :)
There’s a wealth of entirely new dialogue that can be creatively used, ranging from alien languages to dialogue for alternative masked villains. The voice of ‘Darth Malak’ in particular might work great as a redub of General Grievous, especially if you’re making a radical edit where Grievous is a rebuilt Maul…….
Sources and Credits:
- Official Star Wars Soundboards (Sourced on 10th of January 2014)
- ‘Sounds of Star Wars’ Book
- ‘Docking Bay 101’ Website (No longer exists)
- Lucasarts Entertainment Utility
- Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast
- Star Wars: Episode 1 Racer
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
- Star Wars: Republic Commando
- Star Wars: Empire at War (Thanks to Angel)
- Star Wars Galaxies (Thanks to Vidi)
- Star Wars: The Board Game
- AT&T Star Wars Ringtones (Thanks to doubleofive)
- Star Wars original ESB Promotional Answerphone recordings
- Various other websites and forums (sorry, I can’t remember them all!)
The Star Wars Radio Dramas have not been included for legal reasons (this archive is questionable enough as it is!) however it goes without saying that it’s a great resource that has already been utilised in some fantastic edits.
Likewise, whilst I include some Clone Wars sounds that were freely available online, the DVDs & Blu Rays are a resource you should consider owning as the sound effects and Dialogue are discrete from the music with no bleed through. In short, they are a dream come true for editors who want those particular isolated sounds. If only the actual films had been released this way!
If you find this archive useful, please credit me in your works. My full name is Rhodri Gwyn Harris, and my originaltrilogy.com username is brash_stryker. I’d prefer my real name if your credits accommodate that. :-)
This post has been edited.
The Hobbit: Condensed Edition
My Star Wars Sound Effects resource project
DVD Editing on a Mac