Sign In

Blu-Ray and other HD box size STAR WARS covers — Page 44

Author
Time

@Tyler0013, you’re using the Special Edition Empire logo for Empire on the spine, but for Return of the Jedi, it’s the classic logo on the spine, are you aware of that? Nice work though, I like the design. It reminds me of the VHS covers that were widescreen in Silver for the Special Editions.

I can do the voices of C-3PO, Old Ben Kenobi, the Emperor, and Yoda.

Author
Time

Here’s a WORK-IN-PROGRESS for my new set. So far, I am just working on the one for STAR WARS (aka A New Hope). Here are two versions of the WORK-IN-PROGRESS. I don’t know which is better:

set

set

I don’t know whether to use the traditional logo for all three, or use the classic titles for the individual films.

This post has been edited.

YUB NUB!

Author
Time

I like the second one with the classic logo in black.

I can do the voices of C-3PO, Old Ben Kenobi, the Emperor, and Yoda.

Author
Time

Same. The spine logo looks a little “thin” to me for some reason I can’t quite place, too.

Beginner of many projects, finisher of few

Author
Time

Update: I made a few changes for my WORK-IN-PROGRESS. I personally prefer this way more:

set

YUB NUB!

Author
Time

skywalkerfan101 said:

ChainsawAsh said:

Same. The spine logo looks a little “thin” to me for some reason I can’t quite place, too.

It is a work in progress…

Yes, I know, which is why I gave some constructive feedback so you can improve it as you work on it. If you didn’t want that kind of feedback, why post a work in progress?

Beginner of many projects, finisher of few

Author
Time

ChainsawAsh said:

skywalkerfan101 said:

ChainsawAsh said:

Same. The spine logo looks a little “thin” to me for some reason I can’t quite place, too.

It is a work in progress…

Yes, I know, which is why I gave some constructive feedback so you can improve it as you work on it. If you didn’t want that kind of feedback, why post a work in progress?

I meant no offense. It’s kind of a bad habit. My apologies. I welcome the feedback. 😃

YUB NUB!

Author
Time

skywalkerfan101 said:

ChainsawAsh said:

skywalkerfan101 said:

ChainsawAsh said:

Same. The spine logo looks a little “thin” to me for some reason I can’t quite place, too.

It is a work in progress…

Yes, I know, which is why I gave some constructive feedback so you can improve it as you work on it. If you didn’t want that kind of feedback, why post a work in progress?

I meant no offense. It’s kind of a bad habit. My apologies. I welcome the feedback. 😃

You’re fine. Sorry if I misinterpreted, it’s been a testy kind of night at work.

You should check out phildesfr’s thread - his download links include a ton of great extra stuff like vectorized logos for each film, some of which look indistinguishable from official logos (they may even be official, I dunno), as well as other assets like studio and ratings logos and various posters and promo art. It’s a great resource he’s compiled that I myself have used on my stuff.

Beginner of many projects, finisher of few

Author
Time

I might add a “color grade” to the covers. Blue for Star Wars, purple for Empire, and red for Jedi (base of the title colors of the THX tapes).

Here’s my WORK-IN-PROGRESS for THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK. …I wish I could find that same picture of Vader in a much higher resolution:

set

This post has been edited.

YUB NUB!

Author
Time

samlowry said:

Hey There,

Heres an update of my custom set. Finally got the positioning right to fit the covers perfectly in the 15mm Criterion Blu-ray boxes and was able to track down some higher resolution art for the back. As for the inside/reverse, I printed them with the Noriyoshi Ohrai collage style prints. All in all, pretty happy with the results. Hope you enjoy.

StarWars

Empire

ROTJ
Anyway to get a PM for this set?

Author
Time

CarboniteSolo said:

@Tyler0013, you’re using the Special Edition Empire logo for Empire on the spine, but for Return of the Jedi, it’s the classic logo on the spine, are you aware of that? Nice work though, I like the design. It reminds me of the VHS covers that were widescreen in Silver for the Special Editions.

Yeah, I do lol. Since the Art itself is reminiscent of the Special Edition I didn’t think it to be an issue haha.

Author
Time

Late night, a sick child, cant sleep. Here is another new Cover Set!!!

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Author
Time

Well, instead of doing the covers I posted above, I decided to take a bit of an alternate route with them. I took a few of the pictures for each cover and change the “threshold” for each on GIMP. I put a few things together here and there, added one color to text only, and use the paint & eraser tool. The result is my brand new set for the OT (doesn’t matter which version). It’s bold on my part, and me be something of a required taste, but I like the end result. So here they are. Use them if you are into a style like this. I’ll definitely be using them:

set

set

set

These are for standard 12mm (or 12.5mm) cases.

This post has been edited.

YUB NUB!

Author
Time

Holy cow you guys are so creative. This might be my favorite thread of the whole site.

To the top