I found this article about changes in re-releases of the prequels: http://www.dvdactive.com/editorial/articles/star-wars-the-changes-part-four.html
It stated that the Blu-Ray version of AOTC has some weird color grading. I decide to use DrDre’s tool from http://originaltrilogy.com/topic/Color-matching-and-prediction-color-correction-tool-v13-released/id/18128 to fix it.
The following changes have been made to the colors:
- The Jedi meeting in Palpatine’s office has been made more blue.
- An orange hue has been added to the meeting with Obi-Wan, Anakin & Padmé to add to the effect of the sunset.
- A pink glow present in the entire chase sequence has been removed.
- I added a slight yellow touch to the Jedi Council meeting for better skin tones, especially for Yoda & Windu.
- The same yellow touch has been applied to Palpatine’s conversation with Anakin.
- A purple hue in the conversation between Obi-Wan & Windu in the hallway of the Jedi temple has been removed.
- The scene of Padmé packing her things in her apartment has been made a bit more green.
- The Archives have been made more blue to be consistent with how we see them in Revenge of the Sith.
- Skin tones have been improved in the refugee spaceship with Anakin & Padmé.
- Added a bit of green to the younglings scene without altering the lightsabers.
- Removed pink from the arrival of Naboo scene. The result is much more orange, which suits the bright sun of Naboo.
- The colors in the conversation between Padmé and the Queen have been slightly tweaked.
- All scenes on Kamino, Naboo & Tatooine have been made more orange, as well as the Geonosis scenes up until the arena battle.
- Orange has been removed from all scenes starting with the arena battle.
- The same orange hue has been added to the Naboo wedding.
A 15-minute video showing the changes can be found at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cjdol99wjEE
The only used video source is: STAR WARS Episosde II Attack of the Clones Official Blu-Ray 2011
Available in HD 1080p and SD 360p, H264 29.97 fps
HD File: 2.62 GB, 2.5 Mbps
SD File size: 945 MB, 800 kbps
This post has been edited.