logo Sign In

5/25/77 A fan film idea...

Author
Time
I just had a curious idea for a fan film. It would be great to see a cadre of of us go back in time to Grummans Chinese Theater to the line on that fateful day armed with a portable DVD player and a few dozens of discs. It would be interesting to see if fans still want to wait in line knowing the roller coaster ride that awaits them over the next thirty years.
Author
Time
Then after recording the line people, the group goes to see the film again only.... George has already gone back in time and the crawl says "Episode 44"!!!! In this alternative timeline George is the only maker of entertainment. (Everyone else gladly gave up) [There can be a Rod Sterling cameo as a crowd member next to the time traveling SW fanboys] ...cont.
none
Author
Time
Not to try to derail your idea, cause it's kind of interesting, but did you know someone is making a movie by that title? It's about a teen who likes filmmaking, and one aspect of the movie is the day Star Wars hits theaters. It sounds like it's gonna be good when it finally comes out.

I bet people would still want to watch the movie, even if they found out all that would happen over the years. It would be hard to comprehend at that stage, not knowing anything about Star Wars yet. I bet they'd be even more curious, possibly.

That's true George would probably already have gone back and changed the films. Seems like the kind of thing he'd do. He'd probably think, "Wow, I can actually make my 'original vision', my original vision! Let's do it!" It could also be a funny take for a movie tho, I think.
Author
Time
Another fan film idea I've always thought would be hilarious is "Citizen Lucas", a movie about Lucas' rise to power and his subsequent plunge into lousiness...
Author
Time
Originally posted by: skye_solo
Not to try to derail your idea, cause it's kind of interesting, but did you know someone is making a movie by that title? It's about a teen who likes filmmaking, and one aspect of the movie is the day Star Wars hits theaters. It sounds like it's gonna be good when it finally comes out.

Yeah, I just didn't know what to call such a project. "The Creeping Fear" might be appropriate.
I think the fan reaction to DVD's in 77 might be interesting.
Author
Time
What might be funny is to give the SEs and the PT to George Lucas and tell him that he's alienated a lot of his fans with his future work. Also, that a lot of people in general think his movies suck. Then let him watch the films and see if George of the past likes them or not.

"Now all Lucas has to do is make a cgi version of himself.  It will be better than the original and fit his original vision." - skyjedi2005