logo Sign In

20,000 leagues under the sea (disney version) restoration by crapple (Released)

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I was bored and I thought what good movie isn’t on blu ray and nobody is restoring it 20,000 leagues under the sea is what I came up with.  So their is a itunes and a ultraviolet version both in 1080p which one should I get I’m leaning towards ultraviolet because I hardly use itunes but I want your thought on it.  Also (noob) question how would I capture ultraviolet or itunes.  Once I’m done I will post it on myspleen.  I think this will be a good first project for me.  I will remove the tint on the itunes and the ultraviolet.Edit: I’m probably going to use a hdtv now.

Author
Time

The best way to learn something is to try and fail.  That's how I will do it.

Author
Time

If you figure it out it will be valuable information round here 

Author
Time

FWIW, and I'm not sure how the quality compares, but there's a 1080i HDTV as well as 720p HDTV on rutracker.  There's also a 720p HDTV on usenet.

Author
Time

Is rutracker invite only because I can't seem to find the sign up page.  The register page is just the guide lines.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Crapple said:

Is rutracker invite only because I can't seem to find the sign up page.  The register page is just the guide lines.

You want rutracker.org, not .net or .com.  You also definitely want to use Google Chrome to auto-translate the Russian to English.

Edit:   On the register page you must make sure to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page where it says "I agree with these conditions".

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I read Russian and I have an account on rutracker.

I should say that while the 1080i file has a pretty low bit rate (9 MBPS) and the Disney logo covers a substantial part of the image, even after cropping, it's still the best looking version.

Sample:

http://i3.fastpic.ru/big/2009/1023/7a/091d176acb713c369a0939bdca7f017a.png

There is also a 720p Web-DL version, which I supposed could be used to paint over the logo and supply a proper AC3 at the correct frame rate.

Author
Time

The notonbluray column has a great comparison of the iTunes download that seems to be culled from the new restoration versus the DVD. It appears what has happened after doggy though AVS and other places is that they restored the audio and did the usual locking of dialogue to the center but then tealed the entire film!

this was done at Warner MPI which presumably produced the newer Supermans which of course were notoriously tealed. Apparently the LD has colors even different from the DVD so I'll pick up the CAV set soon. The DVD wasn't perfect but t was at least good. This new restoration also appatently screws up a few of the scope stretched Nautilus shots.

WHO ALLOWS THIS STUFF TO HAPPEN AND WHY WONT THEY GIVE ME JOB TO FIX IT!?!

;)

VADER!? WHERE THE HELL IS MY MOCHA LATTE? -Palpy on a very bad day.
“George didn’t think there was any future in dead Han toys.”-Harrison Ford
YT channel:
https://www.youtube.com/c/DamnFoolIdealisticCrusader